Tetra P80

GoldenBud

What's the best way to check calibration?

Have an idea how many posts I will have to go back to see your suggestions? Lots to read here.
let's say under the lid you see 0.222.
so if you lock 0.223 and raise temp to 500F, the coils should slightly glow (enter a fully dark room in your house)
then use 0.222, it's calibrated

*note to remember: it also depends when your tetra was made. some ss316l coils from the new batches won't glow +0.001 from lid, maybe +0.002 or i don't know. but, check each one of these. the method of 0.222 vs 0.223 works on device made before 2023, the ss316l composition maybe changed after it but i think some new batches won't glow +0.001
funkyjunky said some new batches won't glow like the old batches (2020-2022 batches) but same quality

and also very important thing to remember - if you weed is top shelf quality and has the right amount of THC/water inside of it - it will work better in lower temps too. weed quality plays a role. more clouds at lower temps, and also more clouds/better looking ABV in higher temps.

as FearAndLawyering said, it must be TCR 185.

Wick-flair

let's say under the lid you see 0.222.
so if you lock 0.223 and raise temp to 500F, the coils should slightly glow (enter a fully dark room in your house)
then use 0.222, it's calibrated

*note to remember: it also depends when your tetra was made. some ss316l coils from the new batches won't glow +0.001 from lid, maybe +0.002 or i don't know. but, check each one of these. the method of 0.222 vs 0.223 works on device made before 2023, the ss316l composition maybe changed after it but i think some new batches won't glow +0.001
funkyjunky said some new batches won't glow like the old batches (2020-2022 batches) but same quality

and also very important thing to remember - if you weed is top shelf quality and has the right amount of THC/water inside of it - it will work better in lower temps too. weed quality plays a role. more clouds at lower temps, and also more clouds/better looking ABV in higher temps.

as FearAndLawyering said, it must be TCR 185.
Any idea what this number is?

Wick-flair,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GoldenBud

The manual will answer most of your questions. It's short, give it a quick read :)

Exactly. Thank you
@Wick-flair Check out "trouble shoot", after you check how to enter the menu ofc :)

ok i missed the msg where you said you need to use higher temp than crafty, sorry.
yeah, the tetra p80 airflow is much.. wider? bigger? a lot more air, hence you need to use higher temp, also no conduction side etc'
410F tetra feels like 380F in Mighty (from my own experience) . yea. it's ok. you don't need to check calibration.

the fact that tetra p80 has a lot of airflow is one of the reasons people don't recommend the p80 to new users, it requires longer draws etc', higher temp.. yea.. but really pure vapor etc'

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What's the best way to check calibration?

Don't worry about that, I think it's ridiculous that that was suggested to you, there's no reason to think there is anything wrong with the calibration... It does not change even after sitting unused for years normally... You need to adjust your technique and expectations, take time using only it, changing single variables at a time, there are a ton of variables, like I said you are the one creating the vapor the way you inhale so you need to make sure you have the proper heat in the heater and then you are pulling that through to vaporize the herbs so you are going to have to relearn what the temperature settings mean for this device since they are not the same as crafty or other session devices you might have experience with (that have weaker smaller heaters typically and rely on conduction to create the vapor for you instead of convection where you are the one creating it with your inhale)

Have an idea how many posts I will have to go back to see your suggestions? Lots to read here.

Sorry, the thread is really cluttered, you would have to skim through the whole thing, not just my posts but other people's posts, about use, because you see when you ask the question here you got a mix of advice that I don't think is very helpful... What you need to work on is technique etc.

If you want to see my posts, there is a search at the top, you can choose to see posts only from a specific member, and type a search term like "usage tips" or just one of those words or other words... It can be tricky that way, or you can try to just use Google and type fuck combustion with your search term for tetra (the original Tubo thread could be helpful as well since they work pretty much the same except tetra has a better heater and other upgrades)

GoldenBud

I think it's ridiculous that that was suggested to you
ye my bad i thought he brought it second hand .
no need to check menu>vaping>coils or menu>vaping>manage if you are the owner since day 1
just understand 410f tetra p80 is like 380 with crafty/+/mighty, more air, no conduction side, need high temperature
again, you can use 380f in tetra p80, but take super slow long draws... super slow is good for low temp, super fast is good for very high temps

GoldenBud,

Wick-flair

Don't worry about that, I think it's ridiculous that that was suggested to you, there's no reason to think there is anything wrong with the calibration... It does not change even after sitting unused for years normally... You need to adjust your technique and expectations, take time using only it, changing single variables at a time, there are a ton of variables, like I said you are the one creating the vapor the way you inhale so you need to make sure you have the proper heat in the heater and then you are pulling that through to vaporize the herbs so you are going to have to relearn what the temperature settings mean for this device since they are not the same as crafty or other session devices you might have experience with (that have weaker smaller heaters typically and rely on conduction to create the vapor for you instead of convection where you are the one creating it with your inhale)

Sorry, the thread is really cluttered, you would have to skim through the whole thing, not just my posts but other people's posts, about use, because you see when you ask the question here you got a mix of advice that I don't think is very helpful... What you need to work on is technique etc.

If you want to see my posts, there is a search at the top, you can choose to see posts only from a specific member, and type a search term like "usage tips" or just one of those words or other words... It can be tricky that way, or you can try to just use Google and type fuck combustion with your search term for tetra (the original Tubo thread could be helpful as well since they work pretty much the same except tetra has a better heater and other upgrades)
I really appreciate this reply!!

SockPuppetTheatrics

Probably a dumb question (with a small amount of context):

I'm trying to treat my TP80 more like a 'true' portable, which for me means dosing caps and a non-glass stem. I think I've figured out how to use my Rogue dosing caps (same as TM, Roffu, and a bunch of others) in any of the glass stem joints by adding some quartz balls and an extra screen (otherwise there's way too much space and the cap just kinda rattles around in the joint).

Anyway, my dumb question is whether it would be insane to use something like an 18mm titanium nail / nectar collector as the basis for a TP80 stem. I assume I'll want to wrap it in some kind of high-heat silicone tape to avoid metal-on-glass contact, and I may try to find some kind of acrylic or silicone mouthpiece for the tip.

The one in the middle is 18mm. Not sure what the internal diameter is.
Titanium-Nail-for-Nectar-Collector.webp

Anyone have any experience with this or have thoughts as to why it's a dumb idea? I imagine there's something semi-obvious that's not occurring to me.

SockPuppetTheatrics,

Hippie

The Lamart wooden capsule stems are very nice (S&B caps)
There's a glass tube inside but it's well protected by the wooden shell and cheap to replace if you do have a mishap
Finding a Ti or SS tube to go inside shouldn't be too difficult tho if you need to

SockPuppetTheatrics

The Lamart wooden capsule stems are very nice (S&B caps)
There's a glass tube inside but it's well protected by the wooden shell and cheap to replace if you do have a mishap
Finding a Ti or SS tube to go inside shouldn't be too difficult tho if you need to
Thanks, and I actually have the wooden capsule stem. I'm pretty sure it'll work with Rogue dosing caps as well (I find that the amount S&B caps hold is overkill for one or two people). The issue is that at some point I took out the glass stem that came with the wooden capsule stem and put in a dimpled glass stem, and now I can't get the dimpled glass stem out for the life of me. Also, about an inch of it sticks out, meaning a) it's potentially still easy to break and b) the glass that sticks out gets uncomfortably warm.

If I could get the dimpled glass stem either all the way in or all the way out (preferably the latter), I'd be good to go, but I don't particularly want to crack the glass or the wood by trying to force it.

Shit Snacks

Thanks, and I actually have the wooden capsule stem. I'm pretty sure it'll work with Rogue dosing caps as well (I find that the amount S&B caps hold is overkill for one or two people). The issue is that at some point I took out the glass stem that came with the wooden capsule stem and put in a dimpled glass stem, and now I can't get the dimpled glass stem out for the life of me. Also, about an inch of it sticks out, meaning a) it's potentially still easy to break and b) the glass that sticks out gets uncomfortably warm.

If I could get the dimpled glass stem either all the way in or all the way out (preferably the latter), I'd be good to go, but I don't particularly want to crack the glass or the wood by trying to force it.

Yeah I was going to suggest wood as a much better option, I think the metal is going to get way too hot when you are using it

Stonedbadger

Forgot to share this beautiful U-Hook that I recently received from Good Vibes Boro as it is a perfect color match for my TP80 and helped get me back to using it dry again:
PXL-20231227-091535680.jpg

PXL-20231227-091648051.jpg

I've just received the same stem as you, the rattle is gorgeous. A truly wonderful piece of art

Shit Snacks

Maybe I have missed it, but have there been any recent drops for P80's?

No the last one was for BAK so maybe Tetra will be up next since there was one before that...

@Stonedbadger let's see it! They work so well, comfortable one hand use, keeping it upside down and clean, long pathway with obstruction that doesn't disrupt airflow yet still cools effectively!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Ripstar

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock

Maybe reach out to @khelek41girl to see if she still makes the adapters that allow you to use dyna stems with 18mm joints. Back when I bought a couple, I got one for basket screens and one for capsules. Opened up my entire dyna custom wood stem collection for use with my TP80 and other vapes that have 18mm female joints.

Stonedbadger

Shit, how do.I post pics??

I've taken some if I can PM someone or email them to you?

I'm not even that old (over 40) but it used to be easy....

Stonedbadger,

Shit Snacks

Shit, how do.I post pics??

I've taken some if I can PM someone or email them to you?

I'm not even that old (over 40) but it used to be easy....

Haha such a common problem, you need to upload to imgur or imgbb (I like this better because you can just use browser site then paste the BB code without URL here to show the image inline although imgur allows you to post a little album instead, but need app)

Top Bottom