Tetra P80

KurtSmoooth

If you don't mind me asking FlyingLow have you tried the short mouth piece? If so how would you say it compares to the nub? I picked up a short piece alongside my bendy stem when I got my P80 as a temporary backup. It works but the glass gets so hot I've managed to burn my lip twice. Trying to get some recommendations before I try to pick a cooling nub up.
You have dynavap and accessories laying around? Find a fat mouthpiece and throw it over the top of your short mouthpiece. This is my most used stem right now and I also really dig the bent spikey stem. The nub I use sometimes but does become quite warm with back to back to back hits.

KurtSmoooth,
Reactions: chaos191

Duffer

The fat mouthpiece fits perfectly inside the short mouthpiece. It’s a little work getting it in with an airtight seal but it’s worth the effort. I couldn’t get mine to go around the outside of the stem.

Duffer,
You have dynavap and accessories laying around? Find a fat mouthpiece and throw it over the top of your short mouthpiece. This is my most used stem right now and I also really dig the bent spikey stem. The nub I use sometimes but does become quite warm with back to back to back hits.
Huh, i have a 20M but i don't think it came with a piece like that. Ill have to look into getting one.

HypochonIRL,

dimmusp

@funkyjunky @Padriano db

What's the difference between the "new water pipe adapter 14/18mm combo w/ handle" (https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=847) and the "carb tube water pipe adapter 18mm male" (https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=790)?

Does the new one work with both 14 mm and 18 mm bubblers on the other end? It looks like it has a thinner part at the tip and a thicker one farther up:

1592329653294.png

Instead, the one that doesn't say "new" is thick all the way on the other end.
1592329603433.png

Should we just get the "new" one if we don't mind paying a little bit more and don't need fancy color options?

Thanks

dimmusp,

Terpenetime

What's the difference between the "new water pipe adapter 14/18mm combo w/ handle" (https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=847) and the "carb tube water pipe adapter 18mm male" (https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=790)?

Does the new one work with both 14 mm and 18 mm bubblers on the other end? It looks like it has a thinner part at the tip and a thicker one farther up:

View attachment 1548

Instead, the one that doesn't say "new" is thick all the way on the other end.
View attachment 1547

Should we just get the "new" one if we don't mind paying a little bit more and don't need fancy color options?

Thanks

The "new water pipe adapter 14/18mm combo w/ handle” has a glass internal screen and works with both 14mm and 18mm female water pieces.

The "carb tube water pipe adapter 18mm male" has a metal internal screen and only works with 18mm female water pieces. It also allows you to clear your piece of vapour by removing your finger off the carb, instead of removing your vape from the adapter. That also means that you have to keep your finger on the carb during your hit, although you can also feather it if desired.

Which might work best for you would depend on the size of the joints on your water tools and how you want to use your vape, so it’s difficult to make a recommendation. If you’re unsure, buy both! :whip:

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
@VGoodiez ~ Do you have any dates on P80 accessories being restocked?

I am going to order a few back-up stems and nubs.
Not sure if you can swing it, but I would also LOVE to see some of the wood stems with glass inserts in your stateside store.

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
@VGoodiez ~ Do you have any dates on P80 accessories being restocked?

I am going to order a few back-up stems and nubs.
Not sure if you can swing it, but I would also LOVE to see some of the wood stems with glass inserts in your stateside store.
Waiting on Ralph to ship them. However I won't be getting the glass lines wood. Can't make the numbers work.

dimmusp

The "new water pipe adapter 14/18mm combo w/ handle” has a glass internal screen and works with both 14mm and 18mm female water pieces.

The "carb tube water pipe adapter 18mm male" has a metal internal screen and only works with 18mm female water pieces. It also allows you to clear your piece of vapour by removing your finger off the carb, instead of removing your vape from the adapter. That also means that you have to keep your finger on the carb during your hit, although you can also feather it if desired.

Which might work best for you would depend on the size of the joints on your water tools and how you want to use your vape, so it’s difficult to make a recommendation. If you’re unsure, buy both! :whip:
Thanks for the advice! I just bought the "14/18mm combo w/ handle" because that way it'll work with all bubblers/bongs regardless of size. The other thing is that I decided to get it with a handle because if I'm sitting on the couch I won't have enough hands to hold the bubbler, the carb hole, and my mod all at the same time (I use the TETRAx heater, which is a separate piece).

Looking forward to it! Now I just need to find a good bubbler/bong that can really help humidify the air. I feel the spiked bent stem does a good job of cooling the vapor, but my throat still gets very sore.

Damn it 🤦‍♂️

I told myself VAS wouldn't get to me but reading about all of everyone's accessories is beginning to get to me.

Think i need to add a bong/bubbler and an adapter my list of future acquisitions now.

abcd5432

Damn it 🤦‍♂️

I told myself VAS wouldn't get to me but reading about all of everyone's accessories is beginning to get to me.

Think i need to add a bong/bubbler and an adapter my list of future acquisitions now.
I told myself the same. Then I broke my minivap and the other one stopped working.

Got on the waiting list for this, and bought the tm. Kind of scared. I'm going to buy another box for my newvape incase my current one goes now too.

I told myself the same. Then I broke my minivap and the other one stopped working.

Got on the waiting list for this, and bought the tm. Kind of scared. I'm going to buy another box for my newvape incase my current one goes now too.
Trust me when I say the P80 is well worth the wait. This thing is nuts.

abcd5432

Trust me when I say the P80 is well worth the wait. This thing is nuts.

I mean I loved my minivap. That was nuts. If it can out do my minivap.... Given the size of this thing!?

Dude... I am excited. I been away so long 2 good vapes came out lol. It's like I purposely broke my minivaps to get a tiny might and tetra P80. I almost ordered the grasshopper io too, I had to tame myself rofl.

If I am employed through year end... Cross my fingers, I'm going to get a grasshopper io too.

curiouscat

How's the durability of these devices? I understand there are glass tubes which contain coils in them but can the device take a decent drop? Are the glass tubes user replaceable if broken?

Thanks

curiouscat,
Reactions: abcd5432

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I have not dropped mine... yet.
But the device is VERY solid. I imagine it would handle minor drops like falling off of a table, or out of a waist-high pocket, without issue.

I'd probably send in for service if I felt something get knocked loose (nothing should rattle inside), or if I crack the glass joint.

GoldenBud

Gotta know this, I drop EVERYTHING
then you will use it like a Desktop on-demand device, haha. better not taking it outside too much.
the wood is not slippery at all.. this is not like some smartphone's case or so, or like glass which is slippery.. it won't fall so easily i mean

abcd5432

then you will use it like a Desktop on-demand device, haha. better not taking it outside too much.
the wood is not slippery at all.. this is not like some smartphone's case or so, or like glass which is slippery.. it won't fall so easily i mean
Ha well, the minivap I had before had a glass core and Teflon core option, and I decided against glass just in case.

Ha, it's on the desk until I yank it off one day. I usually just lay my vape down on the ground afterwards.

It's why I wanted a grasshopper for the form factor, but they would literally send you a device with no proprietary battery and lol at you, so I'll await on that one.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
This thread is now re-opened and has been merged with content from NewFC (if applicable). Read more about it here.

Stu,

technique

Hi all.

I have been pondering this for a while but I don't want to upset the community so here is me running it by you.

I have been in a situation of quick purchase first come first served before, it was a custom arcade stick case and they had monthly releases. Long story short after months of trying to get one I gave up on the idea as I wasn't quick enough.

So, this leads to my problem as I have my heart set on a p80.

Would it be considered unfair if I offered to compensate one of you faster fingered guys for buying and shipping it to me?

Potatovape

How long does shipping usually take to the US? My package shipped on the 7th and hasn’t arrived yet so I’m wondering when I should expect it.

Potatovape,

Bazinga

How long does shipping usually take to the US? My package shipped on the 7th and hasn’t arrived yet so I’m wondering when I should expect it.

If I remember correctly it took about 5 weeks after shipping to arrive (east coast). It arrived undamaged. The device, in my opinion, is gorgeous and well built. I don't understand why Funkyjunky doesn't use DHL. The Tinymight, coming from Finland takes about 4 days. The shipping charge is $9.00 and tracking is provided.

I will be placing order for a 2nd P80 at the next "drop". Maybe by then the shipping method will change.

BTW - I haven't received any emails , in quite some time, with notification of the next drop. Is the laser availability still the issue?

Bazinga,
Reactions: abcd5432
Top Bottom