Tetra P80

jerri

I have a Tera3 and can only vape the higher temps with a bong will I have to do the dame with P80 or can I rip it by itself with no bong as the higher temp is smoother than the Tera

readyman,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have a Tera3 and can only vape the higher temps with a bong will I have to do the dame with P80 or can I rip it by itself with no bong as the higher temp is smoother than the Tera

That's too subjective to say for sure, but there are wide variety of dry cooling options (spiked stems, whips, j hook, amaze cooler, nub, and that's just directly from lamart) so in general yes I feel like this is going to have better materials and better vapor quality overall. Personally I don't necessarily find water all that effective to actually cool the vapor, in fact it may lead to larger hits that are harsher as a result... In general I like to ride the lower temps to have the most flavor dry, while also enjoying the effects and smoother hits that result.

SquirrelMaster

The sand inlays available from Lamart can be ridiculously complex, much more so than I originally imagined. I was chatting with @funkyjunky on instagram and he sent me a picture of the turquoise turtle sand inlay and I was blown away with the possible complexity of one of those designs. Not to mention there are a bunch of other color options available and that's not even mentioning the wood inlays available. I can't make up my mind (what else is new :rofl:) between going that route or waiting for Ralph to get a hold of some jaw dropping blocks he's trying to secure). I expect the devices that Lamart makes will continue to make jaws hit floors with their raw beauty through the rest of the year and beyond.

Terpenetime

How do you tell how long to use warmup if you are then going back to on-demand.

The red light on the side of the unit illuminates during warmup mode. Once the warmup is completed the red light will turn green and it will automatically go into cruise mode. A single click of the fire button will switch off cruise mode allowing you to press and hold for on-demand.

OGFib

hi @junkyfunk

I came across the tetra p80 and I'm considering placing an order, would be cool if you can help me decide and answer my questions!

Certification of the vape:
Have you guys attempted to certify the vape for medical usage? protection from hazardous outputs and other relevant testing. Also you mention that the air&vapor paths are mostly borosilicate glass, could you please tell me what other materials does the air&vapor pass through? This is the most decisive point for my purchase.

Warranty:
How many years of warranty does the vape come with and what does it cover exactly?

Cheers

OGFib,
Reactions: dimmusp
In the battery university it says

"The advised charge rate of an Energy Cell is between 0.5C and 1C; the complete charge time is about 2–3 hours. Manufacturers of these cells recommend charging at 0.8C or less to prolong battery life; however, most Power Cells can take a higher charge C-rate with little stress. Charge efficiency is about 99 percent and the cell remains cool during charge. "

So for the battery experts @OF! does this mean I can charge my 30Q 3500ma battery at .8x3500 or 2.8 amps if I want. I know the charger built in is about 2.1 amps but I have an external charger I can set to 2.5 amps

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: OF!

GoldenBud

hi @junkyfunk

I came across the tetra p80 and I'm considering placing an order, would be cool if you can help me decide and answer my questions!

Have you guys attempted to certify the vape for medical usage? protection from hazardous outputs and other relevant testing. Also you mention that the air&vapor paths are mostly borosilicate glass, could you please tell me what other materials does the air&vapor pass through? This is the most decisive point for my purchase.

Warranty:
How many years of warranty does the vape come with and what does it cover exactly?

Cheers
boro and ss304 coils, nothing else, there's a photo of the heater somewhere in FC. the tubo software has its limitation to temperature 260C so you will never be even close to dangerous temp. melting point is like 900c++

OF!

So for the battery experts @OF! does this mean I can charge my 30Q 3500ma battery at .8x3500 or 2.8 amps if I want. I know the charger built in is about 2.1 amps but I have an external charger I can set to 2.5 amps

Yup. In general you can charge them at the same currents as discharge. The chemicals don't care. But, as BU says, heat is the enemy here. Using a cell at high current for a short while builds up little heat. A lower charge rate (but running non stop for hours) can heat more.

So the best advice is to see how hot they get. If they're 'just warm' you should be good. Don't let them get too hot and avoid full charges and deep discharges and they should enjoy long life and give you much pleasure in the process.

Regards to all.

OF

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hi @junkyfunk

Warranty:

Cheers
the cold air enters through a 316L stainless steel mesh and passes by around 1mm of high temperature silicone wire that immediately stop after entering the schott duran borosilcate glass tubes. inside of those there are 3 or 4 (tubo resp. tetra) 316L stainless steel coils. then there is another 316L stainless stell mesh screen after the coils/tubes. then the heated air hits the material (through a basket screen inside the joint or directly).
the formed vapor passes through the basket screen mesh and/or the stainless steel mesh screen inside the joint and channels through the borosilicate mouth piece.

no certification.

warranty: 2 years on everything made by me, 90 days on the mod. glass breakage excluded. https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

How do you tell how long to use warmup if you are then going back to on-demand.

It got me so stoned I misplaced my only basket screen twice today.
warmup mode heats to 245C and holds temperature until a threshold watts value is sensed, it then continues according to menu>vaping>w2c (warmup2cruise); 0: stops and idles, 1: continues to cruise, 2: continues to temp stepper. default is w2c=1.

its longer if the heater is cold but maxium 60seconds and shorter when it is already warm/hot but minimum 10seconds.

In the battery university it says

"The advised charge rate of an Energy Cell is between 0.5C and 1C; the complete charge time is about 2–3 hours. Manufacturers of these cells recommend charging at 0.8C or less to prolong battery life; however, most Power Cells can take a higher charge C-rate with little stress. Charge efficiency is about 99 percent and the cell remains cool during charge. "

i am a fan of the xtar st2 charger that can charge at 4A (can also 2A and 1A) and has temperature sensors for the two charging slots. 2 batteries in 30 minuts! i am happy to sacrifice a bit of battery life for this convenience. replacing batteries after a year or two, depending on useage is recommended but not necessary. the capacity decreases over useage time.

JabbaDocious

@funkyjunky and / or anyone with knowledge on the topic:

TLDR: What should Power be set to in the Modes menu?

My P80’s (just received!) default setting in the ‘modes’ menu has Power set to Y. On the manual it is set to N. I feel like I remember reading somewhere that having Power set to Y can be damaging in cruise mode. Does it matter either way what Power is set to?

Also, here’s a picture! Looks even better in person. It has a rosewood body and burl cap. So far it is a noticeable improvement from my tubo evic dual with the extra coil in the p80, in addition to the overall form factor and hand feel. Super happy with it!0238A840-76B5-4240-85A8-468029E654CC.jpeg

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
yes that is correct. in the latest firmware power mode accessibility is activated (Y) as well as TUBO which is also selected (A). power cruise (now called and displayd "surf") is limited to 20watts so it is safe to use.

this doesnt have to concern any tubo product user as it is recommended to always stay in TUBO mode, you can deactivate power mode if you feel like it but it honestly does not matter.

just to add at this point. power mode has been a bit restructured having a timer on display that shows how long the cruise/surf is already running. it was an attempt to make the use with other attachments such as g43 or rbt gear more predictable that can run in low watts for long (tubo heater can do it as well if you feel like testing it). the info never really got out tho :ninja::rofl:

Last edited:

Kinick23

What are your preferred settings and temps for dry and wet usage?
Hey thanks for the kind words, it was a fun design! A little Frankenstein-ish with the diff wood variations but it's all good. In terms of my dry usage, typically 350-400F and I will vary whether I use the temp step mode on the unit or take 1-2 hits and then manually adjust. Wet I bump up, usually 375-415F.. I find the sweet spot to be 400F for the most part, I can get flavor on the first 1-2 hits depending and great vapor production from start to finish (caveat with a pre-heat).

I look forward to this challenge cause my throat is sensitive also but water removes too much taste for me. I could try a dry rig.
yeah I feel ya on that, the coolest stems I've tried so far and own is the drydrotube by RBT (not currently being produced but may change in future) or something similar to this by a diff glass maker, the 'coolest' hook by ModPod Labs. This was my fav for months, broke it one night stumbling up the steps from falling asleep. DDave has one on his site that's like a big nub cooler, very effective at cooling the vapor but downside is it introduces draw resistance which some may or may not like. I personally don't but at same time it works so well that I deal with it ha. Enjoy

yes that is correct. in the latest firmware power mode accessibility is activated (Y) as well as TUBO which is also selected (A). power cruise (now called and displayd "surf") is limited to 20watts so it is safe to use.

this doesnt have to concern any tubo product user as it is recommended to always stay in TUBO mode, you can deactivate power mode if you feel like it but it honestly does not matter.

just to add at this point. power mode has been a bit restructured having a timer on display that shows how long the cruise/surf is already running. it was an attempt to make the use with other attachments such as g43 or rbt gear more predictable that can run in low watts for long (tubo heater can do it as well if you feel like testing it). the info never really got out tho :ninja::rofl:
I have not seen the term surf only cruise. Does that mean that the firmware needs to be updated. I looked at the firmware page but I don't understand what downloads apply to me.

OGFib

the cold air enters through a 316L stainless steel mesh and passes by around 1mm of high temperature silicone wire that immediately stop after entering the schott duran borosilcate glass tubes. inside of those there are 3 or 4 (tubo resp. tetra) 316L stainless steel coils. then there is another 316L stainless stell mesh screen after the coils/tubes. then the heated air hits the material (through a basket screen inside the joint or directly).
the formed vapor passes through the basket screen mesh and/or the stainless steel mesh screen inside the joint and channels through the borosilicate mouth piece.

no certification.

warranty: 2 years on everything made by me, 90 days on the mod. glass breakage excluded. https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=7

warmup mode heats to 245C and holds temperature until a threshold watts value is sensed, it then continues according to menu>vaping>w2c (warmup2cruise); 0: stops and idles, 1: continues to cruise, 2: continues to temp stepper. default is w2c=1.

its longer if the heater is cold but maxium 60seconds and shorter when it is already warm/hot but minimum 10seconds.

i am a fan of the xtar st2 charger that can charge at 4A (can also 2A and 1A) and has temperature sensors for the two charging slots. 2 batteries in 30 minuts! i am happy to sacrifice a bit of battery life for this convenience. replacing batteries after a year or two, depending on useage is recommended but not necessary. the capacity decreases over useage time.
Thanks for the response. I like how you chose the 316L over the 304 however I am slightly concerned with the 1mm high temperature silicon wire.
Are you able to tell me where you source your wires from and if you have a product number/name it would be great. I want to check on the spec sheets and see if they've tested the wires against fumes and hazardous releases for regular heating intervals.
Cheers

There is no surf. Just cruise, tstep, and warmup
"yes that is correct. in the latest firmware power mode accessibility is activated (Y) as well as TUBO which is also selected (A). power cruise (now called and displayd "surf") is limited to 20watts so it is safe to us" @funkyjunky

So what is the reference mean. Is it for a different device?

Last edited:
MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: Shit Snacks

Shit Snacks

"yes that is correct. in the latest firmware power mode accessibility is activated (Y) as well as TUBO which is also selected (A). power cruise (now called and displayd "surf") is limited to 20watts so it is safe to us" @funkyjunky

Oh interesting, in any case I don't see any reason to ever use power mode at all so it shouldn't matter?

Shit Snacks,

JabbaDocious

I could be wrong but I believe he's referring to power mode. See below for an excerpt from the extended manual on the Lamart website:

Activate power mode
In ‘menu>vaping>modes’ activate power mode by setting ‘power’ to ‘Y’. enter main screen edit mode by clicking fire three times until top line flashes. Press ‘+’ until you see ‘power’ and select with the fire button. Recommended values for on-demand mode are 35-45 watts. Cruise mode is limited to 20watts in power mode. Do the same to get back to TCR mode.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
Thanks for the response. I like how you chose the 316L over the 304 however I am slightly concerned with the 1mm high temperature silicon wire.
Are you able to tell me where you source your wires from and if you have a product number/name it would be great. I want to check on the spec sheets and see if they've tested the wires against fumes and hazardous releases for regular heating intervals.
Cheers

material safety discussion inside the product threads is not allowed.
the silicone part of the wire is temperature resistant to 200C and RoHS compliant. the part where they are does never get hot, only warm. the devices get burned in at higher temperatures than they can operate once calibrated. this is as far as i am willing to discuss this topic, thanks for understanding.

I have not seen the term surf only cruise. Does that mean that the firmware needs to be updated. I looked at the firmware page but I don't understand what downloads apply to me.

there are mainly two different modes that devices with coils and ecig gear can operate: temperature control and wattage control (power). tubo is made for temperature control (TUBO mode) and has many things programmed into it to make the heater work to its fullest, however it can operate in wattage as well. the following is advanced usage of the software for any novice and i advise against it until you are familiar with everything. if you like to experiment you can try of course, i prefer not to guide you back if you get stuck :D

in tubo mode its called "cruise", power mode calls it "surf". they are both automatic firing.

i just corrected the activation of power mode part on the extended manual:

Activate power (wattage) mode
In ‘menu>vaping>modes’ activate power mode by setting ‘power’ to ‘Y’. enter main screen edit mode by clicking fire the amount of times you set it in 'menu>interface>clicks' for "edit" until top line flashes. Press ‘+’ until you see ‘TUBO Power’ and select with the fire button. Recommended values for on-demand mode are 35-45 watts. Cruise mode is limited to 20watts in power mode. Do the same to get back to 'TUBO' mode.

Last edited:

Bazinga

I'd like to talk about the battery door. I like the way it works, however, I'm not confident it will withstand the test of time. I have been charging the batteries with an external charger. I'm now wondering if I should charge the battery while it is in the device. This would place less strain on the battery door hatch. Is there any downside to this?

Bazinga,

Shit Snacks

I'd like to talk about the battery door. I like the way it works, however, I'm not confident it will withstand the test of time. I have been charging the batteries with an external charger. I'm now wondering if I should charge the battery while it is in the device. This would place less strain on the battery door hatch. Is there any downside to this?

I think it is better to charge externally, you just will want to be slow and careful with the hatch is all. I find it helps if you remove the stored stir tool at least, if you are just using it at home anyway...

dimmusp

@MonsterWithoutBorders welcome aboard mate, love my P80’s! I used the ghost too for about 15 months and retired it last summer after using my first tubo (OG version). The P80 is much more versatile, powerful, fun to use and a no fuss type of vape. I think the only area the ghost wins on is coolness of vapor but you can remedy that to a degree with diff cooling stem options available. The hot convection heat from the P80 can be a challenge if you have throat sensitivity (I do) and found a new love of vaping through water on a rig the past several months. I still use the stems but am really enjoying the P80 on a rig, you can milk it quickly with the powerful extraction from the heater. I do recommend a pre-heat before each use to prime the heater for cloud city! Other than that just ensure you have a lot of batteries as they drain quickly! Enjoy and let me know if you have any q’s, happy to help and grow here with the new FC. These are photos of the last custom Ralph and I worked on, received it a few weeks ago. My partner and I vape a lot together so this was an omage to us in a sense with the yin/yang theme of the skulls. Prior to that I was using a beta unit from an earlier drop. I haven’t messed with the two of them together yet to compare beta vs prod yet but am sure I’ll get bored enough at some point to do so

View attachment 873View attachment 874View attachment 875View attachment 878View attachment 877

Beautiful! What kind of water adapter and bubbler are you using? The vapor is also too harsh for my wife and I. It doesn't really feel hot on the lips or mouth, but our throat gets sore (maybe it's just too dry?).

yeah I feel ya on that, the coolest stems I've tried so far and own is the drydrotube by RBT (not currently being produced but may change in future) or something similar to this by a diff glass maker, the 'coolest' hook by ModPod Labs. This was my fav for months

Arrgghh! I think the ModPod Coolest Hook is no longer being made, because I couldn't find it on their page and every reseller has it out of stock... :S

Any other spiked, long hooks in production?

Thanks

Last edited:
dimmusp,
Here is my question of the day. What does the flip display do. I have tried it a bunch of times this + & - push together when unit is OFF.
I turn it on but i don't know what flip display means.

I thank everyone for answering my questions. I have no problem with vape. It is my favorite in home portable. Since I am pretty much only at home I haven't thought yet about how to take it with me. It just seems so far incredibly controllable. And it is so different then my favorite vape the Ghost MV1 that it is really fun to play with. It so much easier to clean for me. I need things to be spotless every time I use it. So two stems allow me to have a clean stem all the time.

And the unit just doesn't seem to have any cleaning issue at all. That is true is it not?

MonsterWithoutBorders,
Reactions: Shit Snacks
Top Bottom