Tetra P80

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ordered 2/5/20, shipped 4/15/20, received 5/22/20. Looks great !!!! I need to make some adjustments as I am unable to get any vapor unless I use at 400 degrees.

How are you loading? On demand usage?

Shit Snacks,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Ordered 2/5/20, shipped 4/15/20, received 5/22/20. Looks great !!!! I need to make some adjustments as I am unable to get any vapor unless I use at 400 degrees.
My sweet spot came in at 440*F, CRUISE. Welcome to Cloud Country!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Tweakz

Shit Snacks

Loading the baskets at the edge uncapped I get great clouds cruising at 385F with well-maintained flavor (I don't know why, but I like mine set on -5's, still up and down by 10) I typically start below there to milk the taste though and still get nice thinner clouds, often like stop at 395 during the day, though I do go up to 425 to finish off or anywhere in between... When cruising, I hold the Tetra upside down, with bent stem like a j hook, lifting the Tetra off the stem to clear each hit.

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: abcd5432

Bazinga

What shipping option did you choose?

Just the regular shipping.

How are you loading? On demand usage?

I loaded the P80 just as I would the Splinter.

My sweet spot came in at 440*F, CRUISE. Welcome to Cloud Country!

Wait - 440 degrees? I start at 350 with all my other devices and step increase to 380 or 390 max for the last draw. My throat can't handle high temps. If the P80 requires 440 degrees I will be offering it for sale. BTW I favor on demand mode.

Shit Snacks

Wait - 440 degrees? I start at 350 with all my other devices and step increase to 380 or 390 max for the last draw. My throat can't handle high temps. If the P80 requires 440 degrees I will be offering it for sale. BTW I favor on demand mode.

The temperature is totally relative, it is not the same 440 degrees as your other vapes, if you are favoring on demand mode then definitely try raising the temperature... or more preheat could help for the lower temps, gotta get it warmed up.

Shit Snacks,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Exactly what Shit Snacks said... set temp on the screen is likely temp at the heater.
Judging from my ABV, I would estimate the point at where my material is would be somewhere closer to 400-415.

1nd3cEnt

I need to make some adjustments as I am unable to get any vapor unless I use at 400 degrees

Try upping your resistance in increments of 0.005 ohms from the factory tagged resistance until you are happy with the results.
Similar to @Shit Snacks, I mostly use 3 temps: 345/375/395F, with vapor at each temp.
I find Cruise (2 clicks) to be the easiest method of using the Tetra; set the Cruise time length in: Menus | Vaping | Timer
Also you can set the Eco level to 3 to save your watts: Menus | Ecolvl

Terpenetime

Try upping your resistance in increments of 0.005 ohms from the factory tagged resistance until you are happy with the results.

When I first got my P80 I was initially struggling to get decent hits at what I considered to be ‘normal’ temperature settings, so I went down the route of increasing the resistance setting. I mentioned this to Ralph and his response was...

“Changing the resistance is also messing with warmup time and eco features, I recommend working with the temp dial mostly if you need it to be hotter. The device is calibrated so it supplies the displayed temp 5mm above the internal screen in the stems. When using it on demand it takes 2-3 draws for the heater to supplied this level of heat. You can use the warmup mode or let cruise run for 20 seconds for it to warmup a bit before your first draw”

I reset the resistance and increased the temperatures as suggested and haven’t looked back since.

Shit Snacks

Similar to @Shit Snacks, I mostly use 3 temps: 345/375/395F, with vapor at each temp.
I find Cruise (2 clicks) to be the easiest method of using the Tetra; set the Cruise time length in: Menus | Vaping | Timer
Also you can set the Eco level to 3 to save your watts: Menus | Ecolvl
When I first got my P80 I was initially struggling to get decent hits at what I considered to be ‘normal’ temperature settings, so I went down the route of increasing the resistance setting. I mentioned this to Ralph and his response was...

“Changing the resistance is also messing with warmup time and eco features, I recommend working with the temp dial mostly if you need it to be hotter. The device is calibrated so it supplies the displayed temp 5mm above the internal screen in the stems. When using it on demand it takes 2-3 draws for the heater to supplied this level of heat. You can use the warmup mode or let cruise run for 20 seconds for it to warmup a bit before your first draw”

I reset the resistance and increased the temperatures as suggested and haven’t looked back since.

Yeah no one should be messing with resistance unless there's a real issue, especially not someone like Bazinga who does not want to tinker and mess with settings, you just need to learn the device and adjust, temp settings are just not universal across all vapes and they do not need to be...

1nd3cEnt

1. “Changing the resistance is also messing with warmup time and eco features, I recommend working with the temp dial mostly if you need it to be hotter.”
(from FC, Tetra P80 thread, Post #66)

versus

2. "my tubo runs hot/cold - decrease/increase resistance by 0.001ohms in the coil management menu and try again, repeat if necessary."
(from Tubo Manual)

Which is it?

GoldenBud

Oh yeah the anticipation is peak. Just got word that my p80 is in the country now.

I can hardly wait.
..........Just double click it and drive into cruise mode :brow:
1. “Changing the resistance is also messing with warmup time and eco features, I recommend working with the temp dial mostly if you need it to be hotter.”

versus

2. "my tubo runs hot/cold - decrease/increase resistance by 0.001ohms in the coil management menu and try again, repeat if necessary."
(from Tubo Manual)

Which is it?

my mistake.
EDIT:
(from Tubo Manual)

it depends if it's a TP80 which got checked by him, or TETRAx which the user has to configure the software.

Last edited:

Terpenetime

versus

(from Tubo Manual)

Which is it?

Ralph advised me to increase the temperature AFTER I had informed him that I’d increased the resistance, so the answer must therefore be ‘1’. Maybe the software has been updated since the (Tubo) manual was written and the advice to increase the resistance is no longer relevant for the P80?

he said "I recommend working with the temp dial mostly if you need it to be hotter." because he assumes beginners take a short draw and can't extract well, not enough air is being inhaled in their draw.

That’s quite an assumption to make and so far as I am concerned, completely incorrect. :twocents:

Terpenetime,

abcd5432

Man a 3 month turn around time between ordering is killing my vibe. Just dropped my minivap. Don't think it's broken (I hope... I saw smoke since it was attached to a bong... But I have another one so it's OK... For now....) but now I want another vape, just to be safe lol.

Edit :
It's broken, I need to get it repaired and order a new vape. Fuuuuuuudge!

Last edited:
Abcd5432,
Reactions: Tweakz

Shit Snacks

Ralph advised me to increase the temperature AFTER I had informed him that I’d increased the resistance, so the answer must therefore be ‘1’. Maybe the software has been updated since the (Tubo) manual was written and the advice to increase the resistance is no longer relevant for the P80?

That’s quite an assumption to make and so far as I am concerned, completely incorrect. :twocents:

I don't know if it's what he assumes but it is what I assumed and I think it is what the rest of us should be assuming... I don't think anyone should be messing with resistance generally, I believe in locked cold resistance for any mod based temp control. I think the correct answer is always first get to know the device and how it works, then adjust your own technique and expectations accordingly (especially for this particular user imo)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: GoldenBud

GerVn_Vap0rist

After 2 wonderful weeks with the tetra p80 and my honeymoon just begun :D the cloud production is very rich and full don’t know how to describe it ! It’s one of my best tasting mobile vapes. Mostly I use the nub with a whip or the capsule stem with the glass cooler. My sweetspot is about 420f or higher haha. Hope you guys will get your tetra p80 soon it’s a wonderful device!

Top Bottom