Temps question...

CheshireeeCat

Hi guys,

Tried my new vape last night, Spirit by Storm, and the quality and feel of it is very nice.

Easy to pack and tastes cool - good points!

Last time I got high from my bong, I whitied out and it was very grim, so now I'm a bit para about repeating the incident with my vape.

I think I vaped around 0.25 last night at 196c, 210c and 220c (a hit per temp) and I slept very well but no feeling of high.
Inhaling properly so thinking not enough or wrong temps...

Help this noob!!! :lol:

Ech0_

I get maybe 10+ hits from my mighty off 1.15g so you probably didn't take enough hits even though the vape hit the right temps, did vapor production stop?

I don't know what experience you have with vaping but a 'vape high' creeps up on you over ~15 mins (more if your sesh was long) and you don't get the initial carcinogen / oxygen deprivation high you do when you combust/ mix with tobacco, if you also go from a bong to a vape instead of a joint to a vape you will most likely also miss that punch to the face a bong delivers yet only high priced desktop vapes can match...sort of.

Side note: Are/were you a daily smoker and if so, multiple times a day? Because 0.25 is alot to vape in 1 session without a high resistance built up imo, i'm high off 0.05g and 0.1g and I vape about 0.3-0.4g a day in 4-6 micro dose sessions, it might be worth taking a 3-4 day break atleast then trying it again?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Not having been there at your side while vaporizing I would have to guess.:hmm:
Not enough weed or the quality? I don't have that specific vaporizer but I have several others. You had a high enough temp, almost too high maybe? Did you check your ABV after your session? Is it a dark brown?

I think more testing is required on your part. It's practice to see what works for you. Read through that specific vaporizer here on FC. Ask questions in that thread.

Have you stopped combusting cannabis?

Edit
Also vaporizing too high of a tempreture too often isn't healthy either. I've read where staying around 390 degrees (I'm an American) and below is safer for your lungs. Using water filtration can diminish the temp and you still get the benefits of the higher heat.

It depends on the vaporizer how quickly the taste degrades with a unit and the cannabis itself. I like enjoying the vapor taste as well as the high, so some lower temps work well for me.:2c:

Last edited:

duff

Well worn
If you're just beginning to vape @CheshireeeCat the transition takes some time.

I would only vape, no combustion, for the next one or two weeks.
As your body acclimates you will begin to notice the "new" high.

CheshireeeCat

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Smoked about 5 years ago for a little while and only ever got stupid high on a tiny acrylic bong. No idea of strain (UK) or quantities. I'm pretty sure I smoked about 1g in my first proper sesh and that was insane in a good way (from memory at least).

New friend who smokes made me try vaping after I whitied out with an episode of the dizzies on the first time back (on a bong, stupid girl) and got me back into weed suggested a vape. He's been smokong for years and I'm using his weed which gets him high on his vape at v.high temps in about 15 mins.

Tried again tonight, though actually I have no idea what quantity I'm using, I'm vaping at 196c and have taken 2 long hits 10 mins ago. Getting the small feeling of blood rushing to my ears and my eyes always get heavy first too but nothing else yet. 2 more hits I go and shall update as I go. Any other suggestions welcomed tho!

CheshireeeCat,

little maggie

Not sure what whiting out is. But as someone said, I use about .05 a day at most. The physical effects your describing aren't ones I experience like blood rushing to ears. I wonder about the quality of the herb you're using.
You might ask on the thread for users of the Spirit. Sometimes regular users of a vape have "tricks" to help.

Last edited:
little maggie,
Reactions: howie105

sickmanfraud

Not sure what whiting out is. But as someone said, I use about .05 a day at most. The physical effects your describing aren't ones I experience like blood rushing to ears. I wonder about the quality of the herb you're using.
You might ask on the thread for users of the Spirit. Sometimes regular users of a vape have "tricks" to help.

you only use 1 gram every 20 days??

sickmanfraud,

Ricardo

I think I vaped around 0.25 last night at 196c, 210c and 220c (a hit per temp) and I slept very well but no feeling of high.
Inhaling properly so thinking not enough or wrong temps...
I don't know the Vaporizer you use but I set my DaVinci Ascent at 175, 185, 195 for 2 minutes each and then crank it up to about 210ºC for the last couple of tokes. I think you should be hitting it more than one time at each temperature - at least 3 or 4 tokes each stage, I'd say. Also, 0.25g is a lot for me. 0.1g is the most I'd ever use (more like 0.025 in the Vapcap) and that generally sends me to outer space for a good two hours :peace:

Ricardo,

Squiby

I use about .05 a day at most.
you only use 1 gram every 20 days??
Also, 0.25g is a lot for me. 0.1g is the most I'd ever use (more like 0.025 in the Vapcap) and that generally sends me to outer space for a good two hours :peace:

Many of us have worked to get get our tolerance down to microdoses that bring us the same effects as vaping larger amounts previously. This can be done by loading a little bit less, a little bit less each time. Doing this with a high efficiency vape, like the Vapcap makes this even easier.

I vape throughout the day with tiny amounts. I generally vape about 0.015 grms every few hours. My daily consumption rests between .05 and .1 grams a day. This is way way less than I used to consume.

Dose is very personal. I like to vape for increased energy to keep me productive during the day. Too much can have the opposite effect. For symptom control, I only consume the least amount needed to kill the pain, nausea or insomnia.

passenger

is this thing on?
If you happen to be a medical user, you normally start with the tiniest amount and work your way up to the desired effect. It‘s called titration phase. Like @Squiby said, the dose is different from person to person. So technically it should be possible finding the perfect dose either working your way up or down, depending where you are coming from.

KC2K

@CheshireeeCat how are you getting on now? I gave up smoking and move onto a vape only system at the beginning of September (I've had the vape since April). It took a couple of weeks for me to start getting the hits many on here talk about and its still a bit hit and miss on occasion. My wife on the other hand did the same and has only recently started to feel as though she's getting a hit.

I know it can take some time but keep at it and don't mix smoking and vaping, just makes the whole thing take longer.

TTFN!

Ech0_

@CheshireeeCat The vape critic has a review out for the X-Max starry which seems to be identical to Spirit by Storm, perhaps its a multi brand vape?

You can see the review here:

It appears the vape is a conduction one so you will want fine grind as he suggests and tamp it down alot, it needs to be a tight pack to transfer the heat from the walls of the oven evenly through the herb, though not so tight you can't toke it.

If you are using small amounts I would recommend experimenting with placing the liquid pad it should come with on top of the herb to keep it in place and give a bit of conduction across the top, doing that works really well with the mighty, though thats a convection/conduction hybrid so results may vary.

Ech0_,
Top Bottom