Tempest high signature vs Dynavap vs tm2

vink

Question for those who already got a tempest. I am currently cycling through my new perfect trio. Tm2 for quick hits of cbd or balanced strain during the day, a quick hit of my Dynavap m21 with simrell stinger on half bowl mode at the end of the day and finishing the night with my solo 2 while watching tv.

I recently bought a wand and been liking the body buzz the Dynavap is giving me vs the tm2 which gives me more of a head high. I am currently tempted to get another Dynavap to get a revolve later on but seeing the tempest coming up I am now in doubt. I mainly use the dyna for a quick body buzz on half bowl mode and intend to continue with that. I would like to get better flavours and a bit more vapour as with the stinger it does not produce much.

Seeing the tempest got a lot more convection going I am wondering if it will give me a similar high as the Dynavap as I don’t want something similar to my tm2. Any inputs?

vink,

popitup

I have a pretty high tolerance at the moment, so I might not be the best person to answer this, but I'll give it a shot.

Tempest can take pretty massive hits, and unlike the dynavap, you are also pulling on it a few times in one heat cycle. You're going to take bigger hits with the Tempest, if you're looking to microdose, the Tempest might be too much. I use pretty high airflow settings, and get a high more similar to the TM2 by your description. FWIW, I have mostly been using my Tempest in place of the TM2 recently, unless I need to shave 40 seconds off, or wanna rip it through a water pipe.

popitup,

vink

I have a pretty high tolerance at the moment, so I might not be the best person to answer this, but I'll give it a shot.

Tempest can take pretty massive hits, and unlike the dynavap, you are also pulling on it a few times in one heat cycle. You're going to take bigger hits with the Tempest, if you're looking to microdose, the Tempest might be too much. I use pretty high airflow settings, and get a high more similar to the TM2 by your description. FWIW, I have mostly been using my Tempest in place of the TM2 recently, unless I need to shave 40 seconds off, or wanna rip it through a water pipe.
Thanks for your answer! Are you saying that you cannot extract a half bowl in like 1-2 hits with the tempest?

vink,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Seeing the tempest got a lot more convection going I am wondering if it will give me a similar high as the Dynavap as I don’t want something similar to my tm2. Any inputs?

So DynaVap is more conduction hybrid, sounds like that is what you are after? I don't have the tempest but I have the thermal accumulator and it is quite different from the TM, although it is still more convection so similar in that way... I've heard something like the anvil is actually more hybrid oriented?? But there are other options too... I would highly recommend looking into the firewood as it is sort of like a hybrid conduction TM in the sense that it is wood, fully handmade in this case, with a glass stem, and on-demand with quick heat up and full temper range available... It uses a ceramic chamber within a ceramic oven that has steel heating element that will go around it, then through a ceramic elbow pathway before going into the glass stem... I was a big fan of FW7 and recommending it as a compliment to the tinymight, I only just got the FW9 though I am really enjoying the vapor quality from it (I am a big fan of the TM and convection overall, but there is something about that hybrid conduction vapor, when done well with pure materials and full power, that just really smacks imo) and I also highly recommend Lamart BAK if you can score one for some similar effects

vink

So DynaVap is more conduction hybrid, sounds like that is what you are after? I don't have the tempest but I have the thermal accumulator and it is quite different from the TM, although it is still more convection so similar in that way... I've heard something like the anvil is actually more hybrid oriented?? But there are other options too... I would highly recommend looking into the firewood as it is sort of like a hybrid conduction TM in the sense that it is wood, fully handmade in this case, with a glass stem, and on-demand with quick heat up and full temper range available... It uses a ceramic chamber within a ceramic oven that has steel heating element that will go around it, then through a ceramic elbow pathway before going into the glass stem... I was a big fan of FW7 and recommending it as a compliment to the tinymight, I only just got the FW9 though I am really enjoying the vapor quality from it (I am a big fan of the TM and convection overall, but there is something about that hybrid conduction vapor, when done well with pure materials and full power, that just really smacks imo) and I also highly recommend Lamart BAK if you can score one for some similar effects
Well I like playing with the Dynavap and even more now that I have the wand and love that conduction high that is different from my solo 2 and my tm2. I am just wondering if I can get my Dynavap experience even better by going the tempest route or just revolve. I just don’t want the tempest if somehow it gives me a similar high as my tm2(more heady)

vink,

popitup

Well you feel like 0,05g in a tempest gets you higher than a 0,05g in a dyna?
That's hard to answer, there are a lot of factors to take into consideration. Subjectively, from my own personal use and habits, I'm usually seeking the head high and found myself favoring more open airflow setups. A simrell hyper 9 got me higher with the same material than a revolve.

I put more material in the Dani Fusion 2.0 XL chamber, but get more of a body high, it's more of a hybrid vape, and using it with the wand, there is an emphasis of conduction because it takes nearly 2 heat cycles.

The Tempest is more similar to the TM2, it has free airflow, and it can get me zooted.

popitup,

Shit Snacks

Well I like playing with the Dynavap and even more now that I have the wand and love that conduction high that is different from my solo 2 and my tm2. I am just wondering if I can get my Dynavap experience even better by going the tempest route or just revolve. I just don’t want the tempest if somehow it gives me a similar high as my tm2(more heady)

Those are all different, solo is a conduction hybrid as well, it is not pure confection like the TM and does not have that level of power on demand... But what you are saying is: "I wonder if I can get my experience with this vape, to be even better if I switch to a different vape entirely" ? lol Sorry but there are so many different types of DV style vapes now and many of them work differently, the tempest design is the most different since it is essentially a ball vape version that relies more so on convection with a large heat mass... DV has a much smaller mass and relies on a lot of the conduction radiation... So if that is what you want, it makes more sense to focus on ones doing that? Why only tempest interests you?

vink

Those are all different, solo is a conduction hybrid as well, it is not pure confection like the TM and does not have that level of power on demand... But what you are saying is: "I wonder if I can get my experience with this vape, to be even better if I switch to a different vape entirely" ? lol Sorry but there are so many different types of DV style vapes now and many of them work differently, the tempest design is the most different since it is essentially a ball vape version that relies more so on convection with a large heat mass... DV has a much smaller mass and relies on a lot of the conduction radiation... So if that is what you want, it makes more sense to focus on ones doing that? Why only tempest interests you?
Thanks for the explanation. I am not looking exclusively at the tempest. My idea was to get a better experience (taste and vapour) then what I get with my Dynavap with simrell stinger but with a similar body high. I’m looking at something that works the same as I like the ritual and just got a wand. Since I was looking at the revolve the tempest caught my eye but I am now leaning more towards the revolve…

vink,

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the explanation. I am not looking exclusively at the tempest. My idea was to get a better experience (taste and vapour) then what I get with my Dynavap with simrell stinger but with a similar body high. I’m looking at something that works the same as I like the ritual and just got a wand. Since I was looking at the revolve the tempest caught my eye but I am now leaning more towards the revolve…

I thought the revolve was just a stem and storage solution?

Alternatives to dynavap that might offer more power include:
Dani fusion
Anvil
Full metal jacket?

There are probably others, but these are more convection ones (they will have more power and still a different signature but less hybrid conduction signature although they will probably have the best possible taste):
Tempest
Thermal accumulator
Camfoulet convector

I'd also recommend looking into the vapman although it has a complete custom station to heat up if not using a torch, instead of induction heater like the others, yeah just a different design but really great conduction purity

vink

I thought the revolve was just a stem and storage solution?

Alternatives to dynavap that might offer more power include:
Dani fusion
Anvil
Full metal jacket?

There are probably others, but these are more convection ones (they will have more power and still a different signature but less hybrid conduction signature although they will probably have the best possible taste):
Tempest
Thermal accumulator
Camfoulet convector

I'd also recommend looking into the vapman although it has a complete custom station to heat up if not using a torch, instead of induction heater like the others, yeah just a different design but really great conduction purity
Thanks for the recs. The revolve is a cooling stem from mad heaters that goes with Dynavap tips and caps. I think you had the reload in mind ;)

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the recs. The revolve is a cooling stem from mad heaters that goes with Dynavap tips and caps. I think you had the reload in mind ;)

Right right so revolve is just a stem, you can use it with any of these vapes (I think, it would work with tempest and others....)

Shit Snacks,

Zagala

If you are looking more into a refined Dynavap experience with a variety of options i think that you will like the Revolve stem. I had many DV that were in a box until I recently discovered the Revolve while following the Tempest thread. I use my DV daily now. I have more convection vapes but the DV with revolve is now part of my routine vaping. If you want to explore the hybrid type check the Firewood 9 as Shit Snacks suggested, I have the 8 and like using it with the revolve stem (with a glass sleeve).

TedJones

Since I was looking at the revolve the tempest caught my eye but I am now leaning more towards the revolve…
Yeah might consider the stem and a FMJ. Should definitely enhance your dyna times :brow:

TedJones,

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
My idea was to get a better experience (taste and vapour) then what I get with my Dynavap with simrell stinger but with a similar body high.
You might also want to consider @RogueGuy’s quartz convection caps. It’s exactly what you’re describing. Vaphit makes something similar for even cheaper.

Here my write-up from the DV thread:
Over time, my tastes have changed. Conduction’s fine, but that roasted-tin DV flavor really isn’t for me anymore. Which is a shame bc vapcaps were a mainstay of my Covid lockdown.

Picked up a TRWW quartz cap on Black Friday. Flavor is muted vs my convection portables, but there’s no roasty undertone and the vapor goes for days.

Love the manual control— a small o-ring angled across two fins holds the cap secure without choking off airflow. You can bias the roast toward convection or conduction by where/how long you heat it. The quartz holds the heat very well, which also makes it an excellent buffer against combustion.

Bc my vapcaps were on hiatus, I also forgot how great the Revolve is. I’d wonder if I was huffing on a spent bowl only to surprise myself with a monster cloud.

$20 to turn a basic M into a convection manual is a no-brainer.

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Chicken No Name,
Reactions: cx714

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
What do you think about the revolve, worth it?
Depends. It’s a great stem and the discontinued Gen2s (which are an all-around improvement) are on sale. But if there’s a Tempest in your future, Brenyo’s already said that the new stem is basically a Gen3 Revolve, so I’d just wait.

I typically like a bit more flavor at the expense of some cooling, but when you’re storing as much heat as the quartz cap, you need the extra.

cx714,

vink

Depends. It’s a great stem and the discontinued Gen2s (which are an all-around improvement) are on sale. But if there’s a Tempest in your future, Brenyo’s already said that the new stem is basically a Gen3 Revolve, so I’d just wait.

I typically like a bit more flavor at the expense of some cooling, but when you’re storing as much heat as the quartz cap, you need the extra.
The revolve gen2 is discontinued?

vink,
Top Bottom