Temp controlled battery for CCell carts

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
They are there from the start, so I allow several hours, even a full day to allow them to rise with the tips off (like @gunmetalshark was saying). And I also heat them up, but no matter what those air pockets return.

If the Pax Era Pods avoid it, that's a massive advantage. Shame they don't exist in Canada (yet).

Should have my Vapor Slide tomorrow for testing! :brow:

I think the bubbles might be developing when oil tries to wick through the inlet holes. The pax pod wick is fully bathed in oil at all times so it doesn't have to flow into a separate vaporization chamber.

biohacker

CCELLs have lead?

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/california-cannabis-labs-are-finding-toxic-metal-in-vape-carts

The Bottom Line For Consumers

• All vape carts made before Jan. 1, 2019 in California may or may not contain some lead in the oil—no one was testing for heavy metals. Retailers are allowed to sell all inventory manufactured in 2018 to consumers. All vape carts made for the licensed, adult-use market in California after Jan. 1, 2019 should be lab-tested and contain less than 0.5 ppm lead. Look for “manufactured on” dates on the label.
  • If you want to inhale 100% lead-free vapor, you should abstain from using cartridges until carts with lead-free metal start hitting California shores later this winter.
  • There is no heavy metals testing on the illicit market, which often sources cheaper carts from China.

Last edited:

mephisto

Perhaps some clarity is in order for those of us who fill our own ccells. I believe you are referring only to
pre-filled carts, as it relates to the oil inside not being tested????? My oil sucks(I made it from ABV), but I figure that the carts I put it in are safe?????

mephisto,
Reactions: stark1

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
CCELLs have lead?

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/california-cannabis-labs-are-finding-toxic-metal-in-vape-carts

The Bottom Line For Consumers

• All vape carts made before Jan. 1, 2019 in California may or may not contain some lead in the oil—no one was testing for heavy metals. Retailers are allowed to sell all inventory manufactured in 2018 to consumers. All vape carts made for the licensed, adult-use market in California after Jan. 1, 2019 should be lab-tested and contain less than 0.5 ppm lead. Look for “manufactured on” dates on the label.
  • If you want to inhale 100% lead-free vapor, you should abstain from using cartridges until carts with lead-free metal start hitting California shores later this winter.
  • There is no heavy metals testing on the illicit market, which often sources cheaper carts from China.

I heard it was an issue with knock off CCells. Curious how the authentic ones test. One of the reasons I like the Pax pods though!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I think the bubbles might be developing when oil tries to wick through the inlet holes. The pax pod wick is fully bathed in oil at all times so it doesn't have to flow into a separate vaporization chamber.

To expand on this, what I think happens is you have suction airflow trying to wick more oil through the inlets into the ccell, but oil also wants to run away from heat (capillary action) which is what I think creates this type of backpressure and forms bubbles.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Are lower temps (< 3.7V) best used with CCell? Or is it a personal preference with some.

Got a VapMod, used lowest green (2.6V), vapor was smooth, no harshness with a Ccell cart,
knocked me asleep. Small puffs, less puffs?

Waiting on a Kind Mist with its variable (2.4v, 2.8v, 3.2v) voltage....

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Are lower temps (< 3.7V) best used with CCell? Or is it a personal preference with some.

Got a VapMod, used lowest green (2.6V), vapor was smooth, no harshness with a Ccell cart,

I definitely think lower temps are preferable. Better flavor, and much longer lasting at low power.

biohacker

To expand on this, what I think happens is you have suction airflow trying to wick more oil through the inlets into the ccell, but oil also wants to run away from heat (capillary action) which is what I think creates this type of backpressure and forms bubbles.

Literally just watched an air bubble form and pop out of the intake hole! :lol: Float toward the light young air bubble! :rofl:

ChooChooCharlie

IMO, better taste with lower voltage

I've swapped a CO2 sauce cart between V-Mod at 2.6v and Palm at 3.7v to compare, and preferred the lowest voltage. It's a pain swapping for the taste test. Damn designers can't standardize the magnetic connectors. Vapmod V-Mod mag connector won't fit in Palm or Silo. Palm fits in V-Mod, but draw too restrictive

The preheat really helps with clogging, especially on last half of 1g carts. Suction pull to clear clog is manageable after ten seconds of preheat -- eyeballs don't pop out of head and blood vessels remain intact

If any battery offers selection of low voltage, and preheat feature, the remaining ergonomic factor is personal preference. I don't like the pen form factor. The super small imini types are a bit too small for me, difficulty with tiny buttons. Ordered another Vapmod V-Mod, for day vs night cart strains, vertical standing and no swapping

biohacker

@ChooChooCharlie have you checked out the Vapor Slide v2 Plus? Not too small or too big, 4 temps, draw activated, no magnetic collars, the CCELL TH2 screws right in and the brilliant top coil all ceramic no cotton cart is magnetic and pops right in without adapter (talk about ease of use hot swapping on the fly!). They are only like $5 a pop too, and with a 20% coupon knocks it down a buck. Totally worth it if you're seeking a BONG experience out of your cart!

I am interested in the V-mod now and the Kind Mist as i'm all about low temps only too, as i'm mostly using co2 oil. I feel like the disty can take much more heat, which makes sense.

CCELL batteries at 3.7v are just too hot for me and my co2 oil. And their airflow leaves much to be desired IMO.

ChooChooCharlie

Thanks for the tape tip, @invertedisdead
Just got a loose pod, it went flying across room when shaking for battery level. Plastic has its benefits. Dug out my spare Era battery (yeah, I know) and that pod stays in. But you're correct, it's a very dependable system and these mishaps are rare

Inverted is Dead would be a good way to describe extended cart use inverted in a glass piece. Not a rig user myself much, but would imagine oil unable to wick correctly after a minute. @biohacker , I agree the Vapor Slide solves this issue with their design, if you're willing to fill their custom top coil carts. Standard carts fit, but inverted wicking issue remains with Ccells

Haven't tried it, but think Vapor Slide and flower vape, side by side in a claisen u-joint, would make for a nice mixed vape cocktail. Easier than FP twaxing for the coordination challenged among us

HighMtnSkier

Waiting for winter

I cracked my Kind Mist. While it’s super stealth and light, the cart likes to catch on things and it puts too much stress on the plastic. Lifetime warranty tho :cool:

I’m loving the Vapemod Vmod. I use the 2.6v or 3.2v setting. I find the 4.0v way to harsh. I wrap a small piece of electrical tape around the cart to help keep it a little more secure in the chamber. I don’t like things that have little rattles.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
In retrospect, the 3.7V output of the Silo, and Ccell Dart seems a tad harsh
Compared to the green (2.6V) setting of the Vmod.

Presumably the nuance between the Mist @2.4V and the Vmod should be subtle?

ChooChooCharlie

Received another V-Mod, unfortunately not pleased. Different style pin connection part inside unit, cart does not snap in and hold as well, wiggles more, magnetic pull too weak. It works, but it's janky. @HighMtnSkier - maybe you got one like my new one?

So, of course I had to order another one from same ebay vendor I got the good one from. When it gets here I'll post an update

stark1

Lonesome Planet
From SMALL (3.7V) to tiny (2.4V).

The Ccell Silo seemed diminutive when I first got it, but “large” in comparison to the Mist!

Almost cute. (&, it screws in!)

xdtjb5.jpg

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

They look identical, but difference is voltage. The newer mist has yummy lower voltage options, below 3v. imini and most others run too hot IMO. Limbo time, mon, how low can you go?!

Peer pressure, had to order one

Love is never having to say, "fuck, I threw out my magnetic connector"

ChooChooCharlie,
Reactions: biohacker
Top Bottom