Techniques for adding moisture back to herbs

Varden

so true! I got some freeze dried white widow from a friend, tasty but no moisture left to vaporize, unsatisfying result unless mixed with something else

You can use a hydrostone to add moisture to the herb. It works surprisingly well. The only issue is it will not last long, as in a few days the herb will go back to being dry. But for rehydrating the last small part of a batch before consumption, it does the job perfectly.

In case I do not have a hydrostone around, my "ghetto" solution is to load the stem and then drop a few drops of water in there. Just a few drops. It adds enough moisture to protect the plant while vaping and make the vapor more smooth. Not as good as with the hydrostone, because the moisture is outside the plant, but it produces a noticeable improvement.

Varden

using a wax pad with a few drops of water on it helped but doesn't bring back terps, prefer using a blueberry or small piece of fruit peel
How exactly? Can you explain in more detail how do you use the fruit?

Varden,

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
You can just put a small piece of orange/lemon/lime skin (peel) in the jar. It will provide enough humidity.
Was just typing to ask if this adds flavor too, being a lime-fan it would be a nice way to add a lime-zesty flavor to some strains

... and a bit of flavor/aroma. a whole blueberry in the jar over night does wonders, eat it the next morning when you wake n bake

So i got my answer before even asking it seems. :tup:
Man, i've got blueberries and lime in the house so i'm off searching hoping for something i normally dread to find: a jar with some dried out goodies...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I tried using brown sugar wet stone thing and I'm not sure if it did anything...

Shit Snacks,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I've had luck tossing it in jars with a bunch of bovedas for a while, burping every so often
I also like Boveda for rehydrating my store-bought meds as they are always over dry, my dad used orange peel in the 90's as Boveda were not invented back then.

Last edited:

budski

cantre member
apple pipes are sooo tasty! it's been awhile, I can't get used to the 90s being "back then"

Last edited:
Top Bottom