Taking a Vapexhale across the border?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Plutonious

Hey guys,

So as most of you can figure out, I live in Canada. However, having spent so many years in Washington State as well I travel back and forth regularly. Usually if I want to take a vape bag I bring one of my log vapes (since if I did get random searched and they did find the vape, they would probably have no idea what it is.)

However, at some point or another I know I'll want to show my US buddies my Cloud. I intend to ship it there this summer while I'm working in the States but for a quick trip, has anyone taken the Cloud across the border?

I figure you would want to soak all the ELBs in ISO and make sure the glass joint is clean. Any other areas you'd want to clean?

Also, I usually take a bus back to the US and the border patrol always x-rays bags in this situation. I don't think it cause a problem since it just look like a fairly simple object in my bag, but it does bring me some concern.

So, thoughts on this. Think it is a reasonable task to do or not worth the effort?

Dr. Plutonious,

mystikalghost

Obviously, clean it as much as you can. You don't want any residue at all. Do they X-Ray entire cars? maybe you could hit it in the spare tire compartment if that's inside your car.

mystikalghost,

Dr. Plutonious

They don't x-ray or search cars (unless you are unlucky and get randomly selected).

I'd be taking the bus though, and the US side of the border uses an X-ray to scan the bags of Greyhound/ Amtrak/ Bolt passengers' bags. Same type of machine you'd see at an airport. I think they are mostly looking for people trying to bring across fruits and vegetables; I've moved bowl pieces without problem in the past.

From what I know about the X-ray technology they use, it just looks like a green shape in the bag? Only reason for them to look would be if they declared that it looked like a suspicious object, which I can't imagine it does.

Dr. Plutonious,

llamaman001

Im not sure if it will help in your case but I always carry a bag of tobacco with me in the car, JUST IN CASE I have to explain that is it literally a tobacco vaporizer. When you pair a cloud up with a bag of tobacco I dont see it being anything but legal.

Dr. Plutonious

Im not sure if it will help in your case but I always carry a bag of tobacco with me in the car, JUST IN CASE I have to explain that is it literally a tobacco vaporizer. When you pair a cloud up with a bag of tobacco I dont see it being anything but legal.

I would clean it throughly, and pack a bag of tobacco with it... It is a tobacco vaporizer brah!
@llamaman001 you beet me to it!

Really good idea. Get a bag of cheap tobacco and call it good. I'm all for it.

Dr. Plutonious,
Reactions: thesoloman

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hey guys,

So as most of you can figure out, I live in Canada....at some point or another I know I'll want to show my US buddies my Cloud. I intend to ship it there this summer while I'm working in the States but for a quick trip, has anyone taken the Cloud across the border?

I figure you would want to soak all the ELBs in ISO and make sure the glass joint is clean. Any other areas you'd want to clean? ... So, thoughts on this. Think it is a reasonable task to do or not worth the effort?
In addition to the male joint, you may want to consider cleaning the entire bamboo. If you'd like to, and are uncertain on how to go about it, I posted about the process, and made a video for another user about it as well...Links \/ \/ \/

Cleaning the bamboo, explained in text

Video to correlate with the text, for clarification, etc.

As for the ELBs, I'd recommend soaking them in ISO as you said, and shake the container (I use a water bottle) a decent amount, to help clean them. I also put my caps in one container, and my ELBs in another, so that the bowls don't cap themselves while I'm shaking the bottle, and then trap crap inside...Happens a lot lol. Once you've got them sufficiently clean, rinse them thoroughly with hot water. One rinsed, let them dry.

Then, I'd do as other recommended and pack some tobacco with the whole deal!

Purpl3_Haz3,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom