Tafée Bowle

Kaptan

Tafée customer support is the “real deal” - I was amazed how quickly they responded to my issue with the heater remaining on and green LED 7-10 seconds after my draw. They gave me the directions to perform a reset on the device. The same issue occurred again after resetting so a replacement puck was sent overnight. That was amazing customer service. I wish more companys would follow their lead.

Anyone on the fence considering, just know this company stands by their product firmly and will quickly fix any warranty issues should it occur.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I just realized that my acrylic cup is full of cracks!
I guess my herbal tea was still too hot when I transfer it from my regular cup and this was the results. I was doing this every evening.
I'm gonna see if anything is leaking and if not I'll only use cold water in the cup from now on until they release a proper cup for hot drinks.

I'm also experiencing problems with the button like some others have described, it seems like if I press the button in the upper part the heater will disengage half the time before I'm done inhaling.
I also need to press the button with a good amount of force because sometime the contact will be cut before I release the pressure on the button completely, I know because the light will change from green to blue and after that I'll hear the click when I let go of the button.

I think I'll send them an email and see what they think about it.

Texus

I just realized that my acrylic cup is full of cracks!
I guess my herbal tea was still too hot when I transfer it from my regular cup and this was the results. I was doing this every evening.
I'm gonna see if anything is leaking and if not I'll only use cold water in the cup from now on until they release a proper cup for hot drinks.

I'm also experiencing problems with the button like some others have described, it seems like if I press the button in the upper part the heater will disengage half the time before I'm done inhaling.
I also need to press the button with a good amount of force because sometime the contact will be cut before I release the pressure on the button completely, I know because the light will change from green to blue and after that I'll hear the click when I let go of the button.

I think I'll send them an email and see what they think about it.
I find that to generally be a tendency of acryllic over time.

As I said before, I'd jump on a version with an actualy glass cup and a redesign that would permit charging with the cup attached.

The Chemist

New member but long time lurker
I find that to generally be a tendency of acryllic over time.

As I said before, I'd jump on a version with an actualy glass cup and a redesign that would permit charging with the cup attached.
Over time sure but not after only one month of use. I'm gonna get another cup for sure, I use it way too much when I vape. I hope they are gonna release something new soon.

imor jones

Hey,
I thought somebody mentioned its possible to register the bowle on the Website to get a longer warranty! But i guess that was a choke!? (Maybe there was sth like that with the mv1!?)

kiddvudu2

I'm still fighting the draw sensor premature cut-off issue with my 3 day old Bowle. Took 10 draws to get her kick-started this morning. I'll spare ya all the details, as I'm working with CS and they are pretty responsive (within 4-8 hours for a response so far). They offered to send a new puck yesterday but I had just had 2 perfect pots without issue, so I declined so I could test throughout the day today. Well, after this morning, I'm quite certain the issue is not me. On the 11th draw that thing came alive and just to check it out I did 10 more draws in a row changing everything from draw-speed, to heat setting, to off/on, to removing stem and reinserting, couldn't get it to cut-off on me again. Just weird.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. I think I'm going to try to insist they let me send this puck back if they do indeed offer to let me keep it (like I've read they've done for some people). First, that question-mark of whether it's gonna be like suck-starting an old mini-bike before she comes to life will prevent me from reaching for it even if my replacement is dead. I'll take the hint and grab another device until it charges. Which I'm sure won't be an issue for me as managing batteries seems to have become 2nd nature these days with all the other toys I have that use them. BUT SECONDLY, I'm leery of the model of sending everyone a free 2nd unit if they have issues. I mean, I'd feel better if they took this thing back and inspected it for QC purposes.

Be well all! Peese!

EDIT:
Team Taf got back with me and I couldn't be happier with the response. They're sending a new puck expedited and I am sending this one back once I verify the new one is working properly. Not only made me a very happy customer (I can't think of a more fair arrangement), but also made me feel much more confident that the company is sturdy and not just handing out free stuff with every complaint. Cheers Team Taf!!!

Last edited:
Yeah I can't say this enough, try riding level one, you will find much better flavors shining through and you will still get thick clouds with nice heady effects!

At level two the flavor does fade fast, because it is over 390F, level one is 365F which is not even that low honestly... Most often I am taking three or four hits on level one, then two or three hits on level two, one more at level three to finish... Depending on the amount loaded or time of day of course, could be a little more or less etc.

Yes you could also try loading more, also a coarse grind, fine grind, medium grind, not sure how much variance you can get with the potter though... Can try packing herbs down (that this restricts airflow, can lead to some huge hits on level one)

And yeah the cleaning is super simple, a little bit of iso and hot water, use q-tip or paper towel if necessary, if you can't wait for an air dry then yeah hair dryer is the way to go! Otherwise you can try just using paper towel etc and if there are a few drops of water in there when you are vaping so be it!

Glad you are enjoying it, this is a pretty nice vape to start with I must say! Definitely ruins oil pens though they so portable lol

Thanks so much for this! I have been hitting level 1 just twice, than 2 for maybe 3-4 (til vapor not as thick) then 1 or 2 on 3 and 1 or 2 on 4. I will change that up like you suggest. I am only loading 1/2 pots as I am a lightweight and don't like the idea of coming back to a bowl later although I do end up doing so for a few hits.

How often do you suggest cleaning? I don't see buildup, just smell but its not awful or anything.

I would recommend this vape to anyone. The ease of use and smooth vapor are just amazing!

RxPlorer

At about 12 charge cycles in, I’m still not getting 3 pots per charge. Usually can’t even finish the 2nd, makes it impossible to take this thing out of the house. All resets and top off tips already tried... hopefully the exchange process is quick!!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks so much for this! I have been hitting level 1 just twice, than 2 for maybe 3-4 (til vapor not as thick) then 1 or 2 on 3 and 1 or 2 on 4. I will change that up like you suggest. I am only loading 1/2 pots as I am a lightweight and don't like the idea of coming back to a bowl later although I do end up doing so for a few hits.

Yeah I typically finish my pots in one sitting as well, occasionally I will be slower and take a hit and come back, but usually I am finishing a bowl in under 20 minutes... I temp step, and I load light or full and everywhere in between. If your bowl is small, that effects vapor of course, and would be more reasonable to use upper temps sooner then, but yeah just try riding level one as much as you can if it is flavor you are after since the vapor and effects are also very nice there! Try loading a larger bowl and staying on level one until it stops kicking too, just delightful.

How often do you suggest cleaning? I don't see buildup, just smell but its not awful or anything.

For the stem? Pretty minimal, but the chamber pot, you will notice as the screen on the bottom gets dirty and clogged... You could just swap the screen, so far I use one until it sees air flow limitations, then I switch to a clean chamber pot. Still only have two in rotation though, the rest are still sparkling brand new... We will see when, the clean second pot I just switched to using for herbs, gets dirty if I decide to clean both of them then, along with the stem as I did last time, or if I switch to another clean pot feeling lazy... Should be good for 2 weeks or so before that choice comes up at least!

kiddvudu2

So, a question about the o-ring on the pots. I can't for the life of me remember to remove them b4 dropping them into ISO. Most of the time I realize immediately b/c it lands upside down and I see it. But, I left at least one in ISO overnight. So far, they haven't shown any sign of degradation (surprisingly for being so tiny), has anybody had one of them deteriorate and break as a result of this yet? Just wondering how long I can expect before I need to replace them for stupidity.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
At about 12 charge cycles in, I’m still not getting 3 pots per charge. Usually can’t even finish the 2nd, makes it impossible to take this thing out of the house. All resets and top off tips already tried... hopefully the exchange process is quick!!!
How many draws are you getting?

I get 18 to 22 draws per charge depending on fill and the length of my draw. I'm a waste not, want not kind of guy so I temp step and finish off at level 4. 18 to 22 draws would be around 2.5 to 3 pots for me and since 4 draws is a good buzz for me that would be 4 to 5 highs.

The Bowle lasts me an evening but not the whole day so I usually top off the charge before the evening festivities.

Are any of you actually using the potter? I’m not sure if the metal one works better, but I’ve found that just using a normal 3-piece grinder and then filling the bowls normally is way easier than using the plastic potter. I appreciate the idea, but it’s just not working in practice for me.
I use the metal potter 100% of the time. The metal potter is smooth as butter and there is very little play in the section that the pots go into. I start off with 4 empty pots. I put 3 to 4 pinky nail sized buds in it and it fills the four pots with some still left in the grinder waiting for an empty pot to add the rest to. Took @stickstones advice about a slight tamp to eliminate air pockets in the pot so sometimes after the first fill I may tamp the four pots lightly and give it a few more turns to top off the pot.

I'm surprised by how little of the excess ground herb misses the pot so I'm comfortable putting in more herb than what will fill all 4 pots because if I'm careful I can finish vaping a pot, brush it and put it back in and turn the grinder to fill a fifth or sixth pot. I like knowing that there are 4 pots ready to go when I use the potter so I keep the the Bowle and the metal potter together as a pair.

Last edited:

RxPlorer

How many draws are you getting?
4x 10-12 second draws on level one
2x 10-12 sec draws on level three

My material is dry herb, pots are filled about 75% lightly tamped.

The performance is great through the first pot and for the level one draws of the second pot. The battery typically dies on the first draw on level 3 of the second pot.

figured this was normal at first, since the battery gets conditioned over the first few charges. But nothing has improved with time.

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I am 2.5 pots until my batt is dead also, but that is expected as I suck on each pot till it is coffee black and not producing any more vapor. I'm fine with that and always have power when I am out and about.

I think the majority of persons give up on a pot much earlier and are able to get 3-5 pots per charge.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
4x 10-12 second draws on level one
2x 10-12 sec draws on level three

My material is dry herb, pots are filled about 75% lightly tamped.

The performance is great through the first pot and for the level one draws of the second pot. The battery typically dies on the first draw on level 3 of the second pot.

figured this was normal at first, since the battery gets conditioned over the first few charges. But nothing has improved with time.
I'm having trouble interpreting your numbers. The number of draws per charge sounds like it may be 6 for the first pot and 5 for the second. If you're getting 11 draws and only using level 1 and 3 that sounds low to me. Especially since you've tried the reset shown below:

1. Press both the power select and fire buttons together quickly 5 times. The puck will only power on again after connected to charge cable.

2. When charging, if charge is too slow, remove the cable, wait about 10 seconds and reinsert the cable.. sometimes the battery trickle charges and needs to be disconnected and reconnected for the charging chip to recognize fast charging.

3. Finally, even when the battery indicates it's fully charged when plugged in to charge by indicating four solid blue lights or no lights indicating charging.... Unplug and reconnect the charger to make sure the battery is full indicated by "four flashing blue lights". If 4 blue doesn't flash when the charge cable is reinserted, then the battery is still only 80% charged and slowly trickle charging the remaining 20%. Unplug and reconnect to reset the charge until you confirm 4 flashing lights when the charge cable is removed and reconnected.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
Been away from fc a little while, man this thread got long while I was away :o read through some then jumped to last few most recent so I hope you can forgive me if these questions have already been asked but I do have a few. How is the bowle for one hitters? Done at higher temperature's? I'm assuming that a load size is of .05 would at least partially fill a pot and work fine for the vape, how many one hitters can you get from a battery if your draws are 30 seconds or longer? And anyone have any news on a better cup? The acrilic is a major turn off for me and I have very little interest in paying for shipping twice by just buying the puck and stem and waiting for a glass cup to buy later. Might all be wishful thinking right now anyway, still have a little Xmas debt to finish paying off and my splurge fund is pretty small and will be for a while , not particularly a problem for me I'm quite happy with my current vape collection and regularly get my socks knocked off so I'm not super in need per se but I do have a place for it in my usage. Like many people I always drink when I vape so this synergizing of ideas appeals to me however I need a cup I can depend on, use and abuse, treat like crap from time to time and still get it back to factory shine. Hopefully they continue to tamper with the design, along with a glass cup I'd like to see charging with the cup attached, secondary lights you can see when you have a cup of coffee or other dark liquid. So I'm saying I want one....... But I'm not willing to go into debt to get one sooner.

kiddvudu2

I am 2.5 pots until my batt is dead also, but that is expected as I suck on each pot till it is coffee black and not producing any more vapor. I'm fine with that and always have power when I am out and about.

I think the majority of persons give up on a pot much earlier and are able to get 3-5 pots per charge.
Wanted to affirm this statement here. It wasn't long ago that extracting as much as possible was my primary goal. But these days I find myself feeling very nonchalant about dumping and refreshing a "load" whichever vape it may be in. I keep AVB that is worth cooking or steeping with and the rest is dust in the wind. So, I'm getting like 5-6 pots per battery (still only on my 3rd total cycle), but there ain't no blackened herb when I dump. It's still got some vapor to it, no doubt.

west-elec

How is the bowle for one hitters? Done at higher temperature's? I'm assuming that a load size is of .05 would at least partially fill a pot and work fine for the vape, how many one hitters can you get from a battery if your draws are 30 seconds or longer?
Awesome for 1 hit clearing on level 3 or 4. The heater only allows a 20 second cycle but it produces evenly deep brown avb. I fill the bowl full and am very happy with the extraction after 20 seconds. Level 4 is darker but starts to affect flavour.
I can't imagine getting all those hits people are getting off each bowl. But I am spoilt being a grower
You get around 20ish 20 sec hits on level 3. Pretty good for something with this power.

simplywonderful

Is there any reason to get the small over the large? I like the idea of drinking ice water and such so I figured bigger is better for my usage, but only if it doesn't affect performance?
wasnt there some kind of promotion (not sure if it was code for free metal potter or having better bundle?) that made the bigger one more bang for a buck? I was so eager that I would make hot ginger tea with fresh lemon juice and very small amount of black pepper(It enhances and max out the experience(divine synergy from nature) ) but I cant do it since this is not a boro cup as I assumed from beginning. I bet Mrs. Taffé Warez from the video does not drink from plastic at all.

Top Bottom