T-Bucket Banger System by NewVape

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
About how big was that dab? Please tell me it was 0.05g or under. If so I'm sold.
Yea it was like a double rice grain size. Not too big, not too small, just right! The taste is so pure and cool, I had it up too high should be about 550 not to choke

Custom Flower Hardware,

Enialis

Yea it was like a double rice grain size. Not too big, not too small, just right! The taste is so pure and cool, I had it up too high should be about 550 not to choke
I think I might pull the trigger on this then when I get home. I'm not very happy with my quartz banger setup compared to my other electric vapes, do you have any input on that?

I'm very unsatisfied with my electric quartz banger setup. So far its been identical to a torch and not an upgrade. Does this taste more like an electronic vape compared to a QB enail?

Enialis,

John Lewus

I should get my T-bucket next week. I have super sensitive lungs and struggle even with 510 batteries at only 2.0v. I've mastered the breathing technique. I hope the T-bucket isn't too much for me to handle. I bought the SIC dish and the Sapphire because the consensus is that the sapphire is the best tasting smoothest dab you can do. From my research it seemed to go sapphire > SIC dish > quartz > ceramic as far as smoothness goes. I am a bit worried the 30mm might be too big for me for doing small dabs but your video seemed just about perfect for what I could handle. Many others on different forums recommended 20mm or 25mm tops and cheaper setups but I wanted the best as far as smoothness goes. I can handle the tickle from the cannabis but hate that harshness that comes from burnt flower/oil.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I should get my T-bucket next week. I have super sensitive lungs and struggle even with 510 batteries at only 2.0v. I've mastered the breathing technique. I hope the T-bucket isn't too much for me to handle. I bought the SIC dish and the Sapphire because the consensus is that the sapphire is the best tasting smoothest dab you can do. From my research it seemed to go sapphire > SIC dish > quartz > ceramic as far as smoothness goes. I am a bit worried the 30mm might be too big for me for doing small dabs but your video seemed just about perfect for what I could handle. Many others on different forums recommended 20mm or 25mm tops and cheaper setups but I wanted the best as far as smoothness goes. I can handle the tickle from the cannabis but hate that harshness that comes from burnt flower/oil.

Just play with lower temps for smaller loads. Looking at the PID in the video, I’d estimate the surface temperature of that sapphire dish at approximately 500-510f. I dab small at 460-475f, but on the similar DCup w/sapphire dish. So you’ll have to experiment for science. Obviously, your dab material besides amount, is another temperature factor. I tend to run a hotter dish for hard shatters, and lower for waxes. ENJOY!

John Lewus

Just play with lower temps for smaller loads. Looking at the PID in the video, I’d estimate the surface temperature of that sapphire dish at approximately 500-510f. I dab small at 460-475f, but on the similar DCup w/sapphire dish. So you’ll have to experiment for science. Obviously, your dab material besides amount, is another temperature factor. I tend to run a hotter dish for hard shatters, and lower for waxes. ENJOY!
Great advice. I can't wait to give this a try. I'll have to go to the store and get some more product as I don't have anything right now except old stale flower :(

John Lewus,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
You’re in bro. I have sensitive lungs and the TI cools the vapor incredibly!!

Custom Flower Hardware,
Reactions: John Lewus

Kins

There was a temperature conversion list somewhere in one of these threads. Specifically the CH threads. I'm not sure which one though. I need to find that.

Kins,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Dcup owner here. Long time lurker, new joiner.
Bought s sapphire dish on 420. As I ordered 2 min past midnight, I received it in EU only 8 days later so brilliant job there CH.
Commenting just to give a big big thumbs up for the sapphire. Other than the price, it is simply fantastic. I was concerned that the hype might be just that, but it is, imo, real. If you can afford one, get one.

And whilst I've read through the dcup and tbucket threads extensively, especially wrt advantages of one over the over, I can only add this point to the discussion, as I don't have the TB to compare.

I find the dcup lid holding the bucket is, for me, essential.

When cleaning the sapphire I use 2 q tips. I remove the dcup.from the rig and I can hold the dcup at an angle to really get the q tip in. With the lid no chance of that precious bucket falling out. For me this is crucial. Whilst the t bucket might provide better cooling (although I can't really see how much one would notice it) for me the cup security is key. If I had to replace, I would buy another dcup.
One caveat is all my rigs are vertical joints. The t bucket wins if you need to level your bucket....

Just my tuppence worth and purely subjective. What can't be argued with is the quality of the CH offerings. I hope they continue to support EU customers but it's looking doubtful......

Kins

I've tried both dishes on my tsunami. I actually like the sic dish better than sapphire. Can't really tell any difference between the two....Just one costs me $60 and the sapphire costs $150.

Kins,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Interesting.... I really was expecting to be going hmmm, just spent loads on hype. But I would replace it if required.
But great that you prefer the sic. Might be an idea to sell the sapphire.....

Chicken No Name,

Kins

Interesting.... I really was expecting to be going hmmm, just spent loads on hype. But I would replace it if required.
But great that you prefer the sic. Might be an idea to sell the sapphire.....

I actually purchased two based on the reviews and/or hype. I lost one already. It's somewhere in my apartment.

Kins,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Interesting article. Part of my sapphire experience is being able to see crud on it whilst cleaning. I can get my sapphire dish sparkle clean after each dab. With sic I guess perhaps I wasn't cleaning as well leading to chazz.
I also found I could go lower temps. Anyway, I'm convinced sapphire is a better surface....

I've only cleaned my sapphire once, when I wasn't using 2 q tips. Having reviewed the various different cleaning techs here, and only having bicarb in house, that's what I used. Thick paste and left for 20 mins. Rinse and as good as new. Cheap and safe.....

John Lewus

Well I have been using my new T-bucket for a couple weeks now and am in love with it. I never had a dab setup before but the great advice from this forum and my own experience with controlled breathing has gotten me close to a near perfect experience. I have been experimenting with temperatures and techniques and am getting close to having it perfectly dialed in. I have both the SiC dish and Sapphire, and I would say the Sapphire is a bit better in taste and also cleaning. I can see better if it is dirty. I've been doing the q-tip trick for a few weeks and the dish only has a very slight, but pretty, tan hue from whatever I missed. It should be easy to clean with iso. Would anyone have concerns about using PBW with it? PBW is how I get my glass pieces sparkling clean but I don't know if Sapphire would react. I've had good luck using PBW on metals and glass in the past and don't see any reason why it wouldn't work good in this setup too.

I am trying to think if there is anything about my setup I wish I could improve on. If the carb tool was just a bit longer that would be nice. I find it sometimes gets too hot or warm. I've figured out a clever way to hold is semi-suspended on its side so that it doesn't touch either its top or bottom. I always have a little bit of sticky oil on both sides so if I set it in a stand or on its side on my metal tray it leaves sticky residue everywhere which is annoying.

I would be interested in everyone's favorite breathing technique for using the T-bucket. At first I waffled between trying to do everything in one hit or take a few hits to finish it off. With flower I am pretty good and slowly exhausting the flower but dabs are a whole different animal. I take tiny chunks of shatter and even then usually can't finish the entire thing in a single hit. At first I was taking medium sized chunks (no idea how to weigh but I can try) but then I could never finish it in one hit. I would have some residue left over and you would see a small amount of vapor come off the dish. I would cover it with the carb, catch my breath, and then try to finish it off with a wispier second and/or third pull. Those second hits never tasted as good and were a bit more harsh.

My new technique is to have the temp somewhere between 480 and 600 (usually 520). Now I take the carb tool and try to get a really small piece of wax/shatter on there. This next part is what I am really working to perfect. I try to melt paint the shatter all over the glass dish spreading that tiny amount over as large of a surface as possible while very very slowly breathing in to minimize any vapor lost. I paint with both sides of the carb tool all over the dish to get a nice thin melted oil/wax layer on there. I then put the carb tool on it and start taking my big rip. One day I oticed the hole in the carb tool actually points to the side. If you turn the carb tool while you breath in it directs air at different parts of the dish. As I take my huge one hit breath I slowly turn the carb tool so it shoots an air stream over every part of the surface area of the disk. I am careful to keep the carb tool pushed down and sealed to the dish although it doesn't have to be perfect. Usually I can make it around in a circle twice while I am breathing in. By the time I am running out of breath, my lungs are completely filled, I then pull off the carb tool, set it suspended on its side, and then do my best to hold the breath in deep for 4 or 5 seconds. I always blow out the tastiest most awesome clouds ever! I keep a pillow in that room on the floor because it often sends me to the moon for 20 or 30 seconds and I need to lay down while the brain punch is incoming. I get the biggest most massive tastiest hits I ever had and the cough is not the usual harshness from burnt material but rather the THC tickle. A few minutes later I use one end of a q-tip to get what ever tiny amount of burnt oil is left until nothing comes off anymore. Often one hit is enough for me, but sometimes I try to do an even smaller second hit with just crumbs of shatter.

If anyone has suggestions on how to improve on this technique I am all ears. I've experimented with different temps and don't notice too much of a difference yet. I think my technique works very similar even over a 200 degree temp spread.

Side note: I nearly had a heart attack on my third day of this because I was trying to carefully push my cranberry drop bong water up the stem the T-bucket is on to give it a wet layer that prevents the oil from sticking. I pushed just a hair bit too hard and about 3 or 4 drops of water back flowed into the sapphire dish and started sizzling like crazy! Fortunately I only had 500 degrees set so it didn't crack the dish. I really felt like I could have but got lucky.

RustyOldNail

Well I have been using my new T-bucket for a couple weeks now and am in love with it. I never had a dab setup before but the great advice from this forum and my own experience with controlled breathing has gotten me close to a near perfect experience. I have been experimenting with temperatures and techniques and am getting close to having it perfectly dialed in. I have both the SiC dish and Sapphire, and I would say the Sapphire is a bit better in taste and also cleaning. I can see better if it is dirty. I've been doing the q-tip trick for a few weeks and the dish only has a very slight, but pretty, tan hue from whatever I missed. It should be easy to clean with iso. Would anyone have concerns about using PBW with it? PBW is how I get my glass pieces sparkling clean but I don't know if Sapphire would react. I've had good luck using PBW on metals and glass in the past and don't see any reason why it wouldn't work good in this setup too.

I am trying to think if there is anything about my setup I wish I could improve on. If the carb tool was just a bit longer that would be nice. I find it sometimes gets too hot or warm. I've figured out a clever way to hold is semi-suspended on its side so that it doesn't touch either its top or bottom. I always have a little bit of sticky oil on both sides so if I set it in a stand or on its side on my metal tray it leaves sticky residue everywhere which is annoying.

I would be interested in everyone's favorite breathing technique for using the T-bucket. At first I waffled between trying to do everything in one hit or take a few hits to finish it off. With flower I am pretty good and slowly exhausting the flower but dabs are a whole different animal. I take tiny chunks of shatter and even then usually can't finish the entire thing in a single hit. At first I was taking medium sized chunks (no idea how to weigh but I can try) but then I could never finish it in one hit. I would have some residue left over and you would see a small amount of vapor come off the dish. I would cover it with the carb, catch my breath, and then try to finish it off with a wispier second and/or third pull. Those second hits never tasted as good and were a bit more harsh.

My new technique is to have the temp somewhere between 480 and 600 (usually 520). Now I take the carb tool and try to get a really small piece of wax/shatter on there. This next part is what I am really working to perfect. I try to melt paint the shatter all over the glass dish spreading that tiny amount over as large of a surface as possible while very very slowly breathing in to minimize any vapor lost. I paint with both sides of the carb tool all over the dish to get a nice thin melted oil/wax layer on there. I then put the carb tool on it and start taking my big rip. One day I oticed the hole in the carb tool actually points to the side. If you turn the carb tool while you breath in it directs air at different parts of the dish. As I take my huge one hit breath I slowly turn the carb tool so it shoots an air stream over every part of the surface area of the disk. I am careful to keep the carb tool pushed down and sealed to the dish although it doesn't have to be perfect. Usually I can make it around in a circle twice while I am breathing in. By the time I am running out of breath, my lungs are completely filled, I then pull off the carb tool, set it suspended on its side, and then do my best to hold the breath in deep for 4 or 5 seconds. I always blow out the tastiest most awesome clouds ever! I keep a pillow in that room on the floor because it often sends me to the moon for 20 or 30 seconds and I need to lay down while the brain punch is incoming. I get the biggest most massive tastiest hits I ever had and the cough is not the usual harshness from burnt material but rather the THC tickle. A few minutes later I use one end of a q-tip to get what ever tiny amount of burnt oil is left until nothing comes off anymore. Often one hit is enough for me, but sometimes I try to do an even smaller second hit with just crumbs of shatter.

If anyone has suggestions on how to improve on this technique I am all ears. I've experimented with different temps and don't notice too much of a difference yet. I think my technique works very similar even over a 200 degree temp spread.

Side note: I nearly had a heart attack on my third day of this because I was trying to carefully push my cranberry drop bong water up the stem the T-bucket is on to give it a wet layer that prevents the oil from sticking. I pushed just a hair bit too hard and about 3 or 4 drops of water back flowed into the sapphire dish and started sizzling like crazy! Fortunately I only had 500 degrees set so it didn't crack the dish. I really felt like I could have but got lucky.

Some SAPPHIRE dish cleaning tips, start at link, read down:

RustyOldNail,

John Lewus

Some SAPPHIRE dish cleaning tips, start at link, read down:

Thanks for the tip. I've used SGC in the past and have some at home. I actually have a year old solution of it in a big tub that I put hydratubes in after a few uses to keep mostly clean between sessions. That semi diluted solutions works ok for in between cleans and eventually I use PBW to get those pieces sparkling. I hadn't thought to try a concentrated solution of SGC on the smaller parts. Unfortunately PBW is too short of a search term to use on FC to find out if others have had luck with Sapphire glass and PBW. I am debating whether to take the risk. Probably the worse that would happen is some discoloring. I am having the hardest time searching "PBW and sapphire" to find out if others have tried. It works so well cleaning my glass and metal container. My coffee mugs need a good PBW wash so putting the sapphire in there is so tempting. I imagine it would discolor the SiC dish more than the sapphire.

John Lewus,

RustyOldNail

Thanks for the tip. I've used SGC in the past and have some at home. I actually have a year old solution of it in a big tub that I put hydratubes in after a few uses to keep mostly clean between sessions. That semi diluted solutions works ok for in between cleans and eventually I use PBW to get those pieces sparkling. I hadn't thought to try a concentrated solution of SGC on the smaller parts. Unfortunately PBW is too short of a search term to use on FC to find out if others have had luck with Sapphire glass and PBW. I am debating whether to take the risk. Probably the worse that would happen is some discoloring. I am having the hardest time searching "PBW and sapphire" to find out if others have tried. It works so well cleaning my glass and metal container. My coffee mugs need a good PBW wash so putting the sapphire in there is so tempting. I imagine it would discolor the SiC dish more than the sapphire.

Well, you know how fragile the sapphire dish can be, so I’d soak that separately.
*I’ve never tried PBW on my sapphire dish, but considering it’s a 9 on the MoH scale, one less then a diamond, I DOUBT PBW would adversely effect it.

RustyOldNail,

John Lewus

Well, you know how fragile the sapphire dish can be, so I’d soak that separately.
*I’ve never tried PBW on my sapphire dish, but considering it’s a 9 on the MoH scale, one less then a diamond, I DOUBT PBW would adversely effect it.
We think alike! After a little more research I decided to do the soak. Both of my stainless coffee mugs were getting coffee stained so I am using one for the sapphire dish and the other for all the metal parts. I also put the SiC dish in a even smaller glass with just a tiny bit of PBW to soak the bottom to see if it discolors it. So far so good so I added more water to soak it. At first I got scared with the sapphire because a minute after pouring my near boiling hot water from the faucet into it with the PBW I noticed a hair line crack on the sapphire dish. After closer observation I realized that was actually the burnt in oil on the dish separating from it into a long hair like structure. It is kind of mesmerizing to look at.

I'll let it go a few more hours and see if I can get some pics. I took some before pics. TBH my dish wasn't that dirty compared to some pics I have seen in this forum.

John Lewus,

RustyOldNail

We think alike! After a little more research I decided to do the soak. Both of my stainless coffee mugs were getting coffee stained so I am using one for the sapphire dish and the other for all the metal parts. I also put the SiC dish in a even smaller glass with just a tiny bit of PBW to soak the bottom to see if it discolors it. So far so good so I added more water to soak it. At first I got scared with the sapphire because a minute after pouring my near boiling hot water from the faucet into it with the PBW I noticed a hair line crack on the sapphire dish. After closer observation I realized that was actually the burnt in oil on the dish separating from it into a long hair like structure. It is kind of mesmerizing to look at.

I'll let it go a few more hours and see if I can get some pics. I took some before pics. TBH my dish wasn't that dirty compared to some pics I have seen in this forum.

Next time, put the sapphire dish in a Pyrex cup, with room temperature water, and heat them SLOWLY together, AVOIDING the potential for THERMAL SHOCK, then add your PBW. I’m happy with the cheap SGC, which should NOT be heated, as it degrades it. On the other hand, Dark Crystal Glass, needs to be heated to be effective, it’s more expensive, but if not too soiled, is reusable. All of these cleaners have their place, as well as good old ISO. Cleaning anything is a lot easier and shorter if done MORE OFTEN.

Here’s a SGC soak, usually I use a real tiny 50ml glass cup, that the dish just sits into, using the least amount of my gallon of SGC.

A2ECD5EF-B672-439E-9EF1-6357DFE06457.jpeg

thevapist

Does anyone know if the old carb cap style works with this? It looks like only the new universal cap works?

thevapist,

Thick Vape

In the Ballpark
I wonder if anyone has gone back from the sapphire to the SiC dish, or uses both for different reasons?

It is pretty dead in here too, I just remarked...

Last edited:
Thick Vape,
Top Bottom