Swollen lips (DBV)?

Qbit

cannabanana
@Kertong Ouch, that's one lousy allergy to have. :(

I'm guessing, though, that what's causing this might not be the actual cannabinoids (ie THC and the other related oils which get you high). So I suggest you try water curing some of your bud.

The weed won't be as tasty afterwards, but then it could be the flavoursome terpenes that you're allergic to. Or it might be something else which gets washed out in a water cure. Anyway I think it's worth a shot, as taking antihistamines every time you want to vape surely can't be healthy in the long run.

Qbit,

hereatlast

FWIW, there are other precautions that can be taken to minimize allergic reactions like kertong's (I share that affliction unfortunately). Vinyl gloves and good filtration go a long way for me; I think particulate is the problem. Hopefully no need to sacrifice taste.

hereatlast,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
wow maybe this is a little more prevalent that we all thought?

akwardsauce,

Carbon

I've never used a DBV but I sometimes get dry even somewhat cracked lips from vaping (not as often as I used to). This was even with water piping the vapor. I think vapor, just as it can be drying on your throat can also affect your lips. Also terpenes in some strains like limonene can irritate the skin and air passages.

Carbon,

luchiano

Carbon, that is true. Just get some boveda packs and you should eliminate that problem with the dryness from the essential oils. These absorb a lot of moisture from their environment and unless you already have moisture in your bud/hash/oil they will take moisture from your mouth or lungs. Using boveda packs with a good filter will keep the vapor smooth and nonirritating.

boveda packs
http://www.bovedadirect.com/

luchiano,

jordam

I can vouch that water curing can take out a LOT of the crap growers add to their buds and many naturally produced substances out of cannabis.
I haven't personally had this problem but it sure is worth a shot.
Go two to three weeks to really leech out most of the water soluble substances (and quite possibly your allergen).

jordam,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
jordam said:
I can vouch that water curing can take out a LOT of the crap growers add to their buds and many naturally produced substances out of cannabis.
I haven't personally had this problem but it sure is worth a shot.
Go two to three weeks to really leech out most of the water soluble substances (and quite possibly your allergen).

wow really? 2-3 weeks!??!?!

akwardsauce,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
6-7 days in water changing it every day .. or twice a day then 2-3 days to dry up :).. and HUGE lost of taste.. If i combusted i would prefer water cure... but i see no sense in wasting the taste...

Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom