1. Get your entries in for the fourth and final VaporWarehouse VB Eleven caption contest!
  2. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
  3. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Sweet taste after clean PAX...anyone else? ISO?

Discussion in 'ABV' started by Jman5280, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jman5280

Jman5280 Active Member

When I clean my PAX I soak the mouth piece and screen in 70% ISO. I then rub ISO with a Q tip on everything until clean. I will then wait at least 30 minutes and heat up the pax a few times to burn off any remaining ISO and any small cotton fibers that the pipe cleaner and Q tip left behind...After 30 minutes of heating and cooling off, I blow any remaining crap out.

After letting it dry, I get this sweet taste and I think I am tasting ISO...is that possible? I thought ISO, even at 70%, would evaporate in minutes...Or does it take longer? Maybe a clean pax just tastes weird?

*is inhaling this tiny amount of residual ISO bad?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  2. Ratchett

Ratchett Delta 3D Studios Designer Accessory Maker

Don't know for sure, but maybe try a higher percentage ISO?

70% still has a lot of water in it

3. syrupy

syrupy In the ooze

Yeah, ISO is a pretty strong taste, even just the lingering fumes.

Either dry longer or place a fan running over it to draw ISO vapor away before using. I switch to another vape, but probably dry for two or three hours. A quick distilled water rinse at the end should leave things sparkly good.

4. Jman5280

Jman5280 Active Member

Yea I rinse the mouthpiece and screen with water...

This is dumb but maybe it's just the smell of the vaporizer that gives off the sweet smell...it's not harsh like taking a smell of ISO, but it's also not straight bud smell either...I get the smell when I first turn the pax on too...I also get a sweet taste with my first few packs...is this a normal thing? Or is this sweet taste ISO?

Wouldn't 70 percent ISO take 2 hours to dry? I know it has more water so it might take longer to evaporate but for the most part it's visibly dry within minutes. I heat it up several times to burn off any remaining ISO...but I still get this sweet sharp scent and taste with my first few packs .

Maybe I'm tripping, I'm sure I clean it way more than most people due to my OCD.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors