Sweet taste after clean PAX...anyone else? ISO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman5280

When I clean my PAX I soak the mouth piece and screen in 70% ISO. I then rub ISO with a Q tip on everything until clean. I will then wait at least 30 minutes and heat up the pax a few times to burn off any remaining ISO and any small cotton fibers that the pipe cleaner and Q tip left behind...After 30 minutes of heating and cooling off, I blow any remaining crap out.

After letting it dry, I get this sweet taste and I think I am tasting ISO...is that possible? I thought ISO, even at 70%, would evaporate in minutes...Or does it take longer? Maybe a clean pax just tastes weird?

*is inhaling this tiny amount of residual ISO bad?

Last edited:
Jman5280,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Don't know for sure, but maybe try a higher percentage ISO?

70% still has a lot of water in it

Delta3DStudios,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Yeah, ISO is a pretty strong taste, even just the lingering fumes.

Either dry longer or place a fan running over it to draw ISO vapor away before using. I switch to another vape, but probably dry for two or three hours. A quick distilled water rinse at the end should leave things sparkly good.

syrupy,

Jman5280

Yea I rinse the mouthpiece and screen with water...

This is dumb but maybe it's just the smell of the vaporizer that gives off the sweet smell...it's not harsh like taking a smell of ISO, but it's also not straight bud smell either...I get the smell when I first turn the pax on too...I also get a sweet taste with my first few packs...is this a normal thing? Or is this sweet taste ISO?

Wouldn't 70 percent ISO take 2 hours to dry? I know it has more water so it might take longer to evaporate but for the most part it's visibly dry within minutes. I heat it up several times to burn off any remaining ISO...but I still get this sweet sharp scent and taste with my first few packs .

Maybe I'm tripping, I'm sure I clean it way more than most people due to my OCD.

Last edited:
Jman5280,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom