Surfboards and Skis and Motorcycles........

lwien

So, for all you old brave hearts out there, name your vintage gear.

The last surfboards I owned was a Jacobs and a Dewy Webber.

The last pair of skis I owned were Hexcels.

And it's been over 35 years since I've been on either one, but I'm really getting the itch again. Kinda like riding a bike. Last one of those I had was a Norton Commando. Once you do these things, they're in your blood forever.

lwien,

jordon23

I hear you. My hubby and I are into dirtbikes, and skiing. I tried surfing a few times but we don't live near the ocean. However, we use to have jetskis and we did wakeboarding for a while. We are now feeling the past injuries in our older age, and all the toys don't come out of the garage much.....

jordon23,

Raf007

Retailer
how did u manage not to surf for 35 y ? I did not touch the water for personnal/professionnal reasons since the 25 of oct (except one hr in march) and my heart is crying every time I think about it.

Do you still have your Webber and the Jacob ? Those are real collectors !

personal quiver right now is... (i don't remember the exact wides and thicknesses, sorry folks, but exept the fishes they are all shortboards style)
6.8 sam egan resin8
6.1 fish quad by Pang from Town and Country custom shape
6.5 Lost , Mayhem custom made on the rocket model (not for me) w. rail stringer in bamboo
6.2 hybrid 5 fins setup from Chronic
6.3 Aloha Surfboards , in Xtc epoxy, quad but short board.
6.1 fish, cole template made in thai... i found this one in Bali.

that's all for right now, but I m going for a Casper surfboard also call Mini-Simmons, based on a Simmons template. This one is retro but works so well !

Ride the big one Folks !
and if someone can ride one wave for me today, i will really appreciate it :D

Raf007,

jumpoff_the_planet

:D

I have been skiing since I was 5 years old and snowboarding since I was ten.

This past winter I worked at a ski resort teaching people to SHRED, loved it.

I bought a sweeeet longboard skateboard a couple of months ago so I can do some carving in the summer!

Within the past couple weeks I also had the oppurtunity to try wakeboarding and waterskiing and that was ridonkulous!

I hav'nt tried surfing yet but Im sure I will love it when i get the chance

:cool:

jumpoff_the_planet,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
My summer activites include plenty of longboarding and wakeskating. Wakeskating is similar to wakeboarding, except it's just a smooth bottomed piece of bamboo with a three stage rocker design and no bindings. You just throw on a pair of shoes and pretend you're skateboarding behind the Sea-Doo! Since we just have a Sea-Doo, wakeboarding gets a little boring because there isn't much wake there. Wakeskating on the other hand is only possible in a small wake so my bro and I rip it up.

I just learned to snowboard this winter too and picked it up relatively easy with all the other 'board' practice I get.

I would love to move to the coast and learn to surf one day. That would be downright amazing.

mattybass,

Derf

1985 Kawasaki GPZ 900 (bike from Top Gun) is my daily summer ride.
In winter I ski, off an on for the past two decades, currently on a pair of Rossy Bandit X (all mountain) since the north east doesn't have a lot of powder.
Spent one winter trying to learn to snowboard - not sure if its for me since I never got used to traveling sideways. Spent one weekend trying to surf while in San Diego, not enough time to be successful but always enjoy the ocean.

Derf,

AreaFour20

Although I have a few surfboards from this last decade, Donald Takayama, Stewart, etc.
The most vintage item is a 1978 Caster Skateboard.:peace:

AreaFour20,

icanreadgood

just got a 6'1 al merrick tuflite flyer. im more on the intermediate side of surfing and just took it out on the water last week, love it, got some carbon fiber fins with it. its super light weight, fun to ride in the smaller socal surf

icanreadgood,
Top Bottom