Discontinued Supreme Vaporizer

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
One question to @Morty and the other guys who have experiences with the Vapolution 2.0 9 mm bowl, please. Do you shorten the stem to the length of the regular bowls?

I intend to fetch my vapo bowls from VDNM (4 for 16,50 € ;)). In their neighborhood is a glassblower who I intend to ask for shortening the bowls.

highasakite

Both sides filled and closed:
Yep, I've to make my leather wrap asap, I know
Sweet setup, I don't think this thing has left my house though. Might consider something like this.

One question to @Morty and the other guys who have experiences with the Vapolution 2.0 9 mm bowl, please. Do you shorten the stem to the length of the regular bowls?
Yes, I have cut down 2 of them. VAPEHUNTER explains best - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/supreme-vaporizer.317/page-108#post-1072009 It doesn't fit quite as much as a stock stem, because the part below the "screen" is a mm or so longer (you could leave a mm or 2 longer up top, then cut down the part below the screen 1mm, but too much work for me)....and the glass is thicker than the metal stems.

Good idea I will try!
I never pull the bud out of the stem until I get no more vapor. I get 6-8 good pulls per stem, with up to 3 separate heat-ups. I start around 150-155C, then 160-170C, then 185-190C. It's efficient as hell, not sure how people are only getting 1 or 2 rips.

biohacker

It's efficient as hell, not sure how people are only getting 1 or 2 rips.

What does being able to crush an entire bowl (.1-.15g) have to do with efficiency? That's like saying i'm not sure how people take 6-8 rips to finish a bowl? :brow:

Anyways I prefer 335-350, and rarely ever re-heat. it's the re-heat that causes much more conduction (I insert stem about halfway through the heating process but have a super strong and fast heating torch) and harsher hits, especially if it's RE-heated, and flavour will suffer.

If it's taking 6-8 rips to finish your bowls, why not just load smaller? Torch time?

I've been having a blast with my sv3 and flowers over the past 2 days after my lungs got all irritated and fucked up from a dab that was just a touch too massive and pushing over the 200c mark. It's going to be VERY interesting when my Glass Symphony shows up this week! Just something about NEVER having to grind with the sv3 is just on another level... can't wait to see what coarsely ground in the GS at low/moderate temps compares to the flavour and comfort of hand broken nugs in the sv3!

Last edited:

Hogni

Sweet setup, I don't think this thing has left my house though. Might consider something like this.

Yes, I have cut down 2 of them. VAPEHUNTER explains best - http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/supreme-vaporizer.317/page-108#post-1072009 It doesn't fit quite as much as a stock stem, because the part below the "screen" is a mm or so longer (you could leave a mm or 2 longer up top, then cut down the part below the screen 1mm, but too much work for me)....and the glass is thicker than the metal stems.

Thank you very much, Sir! That was all I needed to know.

Hogni

Please report about! But is it suitable for hands free use? They say nothing about.

Last edited:
Hogni,

biohacker

I use my brule torch hands free by just placing the sv3 1" up (I use a small box), so i'll probably have to adjust but still planning on hands free heating. This beast is 10"! My present torch can work like a flame thrower it's so powerful so it will be interesting to see how this better quality newport stacks up.

Morty

It's going to be VERY interesting when my Glass Symphony shows up this week!
Very! :evil:

something about NEVER having to grind with the sv3 is just onanother level
This is why I still wanna try the Vapo 3. Seems like way more conduction, but w/ the way I like to heat up the Supreme from a cold start, who knows.

Though, to be honest, any future vaporizer I purchase will need to do concentrates & bud well together. It definitely cuts down on consumption of both. True 1 hitter quitters! The Sup & FP have definitely spoiled me in this regard.

Last edited:

Hogni

Bought my Vapolution 2.0 9mm bowls at VDNM today. I ordered 4 bowls but got 4 packages with 2 bowls each for 17 € in total. Do you've talked about prices per bowl or per package? If they were per bowl price of VDNM really is a steal.
They still have some packages!

Pics will follow.

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just picked up this new toy for my sv3! I can't stand those thin weak flames that take forever and a day to heat up, so this should be similar or better than my current brule torch!

http://zoneutopia.com/smoking-accessories/jumbo-torch-lighter-from-newport-10-inch/
You should get 2 of them. One to heat from each side!!!! That's what I do with my cheap iroda pro torches ($27.50 CAD on sale at Cdn Tire @ 50% off) ... takes <1 minute for sure to heat up ... I pull one torch off @ about 150 ... shut off, by then need to remove 2nd torch and turn off because it's @ 160, pick up Supreme and start hit (it's at 175-180) ... climbs to 185-189 (I aim for 185), I get 1 big massive rip, it drops to maybe 175, then I get another decent rip and it's done. This is very repeatable. That being said, I've noticed if the forced air heater in my shop is going, since it blows air in this direction, it completely messes things up ... following the same process the Supreme never gets much beyond 175 and by end of first rip its at 165 so I have to adjust up by 10deg if the heater is running ... :lol:

biohacker

You should get 2 of them. One to heat from each side!!!!

Been there done that with the Blazers... just couldn't stand the pencil thin flames! Any kind of re-heat would be pure torture. With my brule a 2nd one would be way overkill! :lol: That thing motors like no tomorrow, but wastes 'tane i'm sure...going through a can every 3 days! :D For perspective, I can't even use my bernzo propane torch because it takes longer than my brule, especially once I put a dent in the tank. So, instead of saving pennies, i've opted to save time instead....all those minutes add up.

This is very repeatable. That being said, I've noticed if the forced air heater in my shop is going, since it blows air in this direction, it completely messes things up

I couldn't even use my sv3 out on the patio on a summer evening! :lol: I couldn't believe how quickly temps dropped!

These days i'm inserting the stem after heatup, I usually stop torching around 155 and it will rise to about 175-180. I dislike hitting the sv3 above 190 and try to keep it under 180 for optimal flavour and i'm never grinding but do use my own screen instead of stock (for some reason I find it smoother).

The sv3 has instantly retired my new GS. I guess I just can't tolerate any other flower vape other than the sv3. And it just happens to handle concentrates incredibly too! :rockon:

Last edited:

Alexis

The sv3 has instantly retired my new GS.
Hey bro. I have kept my eyes curiously peeled, I wasn't 100% sure you had received it yet, but assumed you would take some time to test it out first.
I gather the GS is causing similar type of respiratory aggravation as the SH? I hope you are not too disappointed anyway, at least you were kind of mentally prepared for it though hey?

I need to check see if I missed any alerts in the GS thread, I wanna hear some details!

Maybe not the occasion for popcorn now though.
I am pretty sure that the Elev8r is NOT causing me the same type of adverse reaction as the troublesome two.

First night it fucked my chest up real bad- I heated it WAY too long and then hit it WAY too hard. The Elev8r has some serious potential for abuse. For those who can take higher heat it could really fuck you up. I can see that I would have loved that thing when I was a young pup, ditch that nasty bucket bong!:nod:

Yesterday it went much better. Still very hard to judge heating though to sail that line.
I find a 25-30 second heat up is plenty, less for top ups.

I heated it for 60 seconds first go. Mistake, just no need. I can certainly see me keeping tge Elev8r asca nice bit of fun, not a daily driver (as soon as I get my Ti), and I will really enjoy having it as another option to fit the right moment.

Last edited:

biohacker

I gather the GS is causing similar type of respiratory aggravation as the SH? I hope you are not too disappointed anyway, at least you were kind of mentally prepared for it though hey?

Exactly! It's just a grounded flower + convection thing for me.... both amazing devices, just not my preference as I can only use them at low temps. With the GS there was that huge form factor + glass which is a disaster just waiting to happen in the environment where I vape (kitchen with stone counters).
Back to the sv3 and rosin dabs dipped in CBD isolate crystals! :rockon:

MR4YN4r.jpg

Convection dab screen/bowl mod:

EZDzCuP.jpg

My current favourite setup!

mY9VkB8.jpg

Last edited:

Alexis

Exactly! It's just a grounded flower + convection thing for me.... both amazing devices, just not my preference as I can only use them at low temps. With the GS there was that huge form factor + glass which is a disaster just waiting to happen in the environment where I vape (kitchen with stone counters
Same for me, I had to stick to such low temps with both of them that the extraction was far from complete with very light yellow ABV and I was running through material super fast as a result of not getting everything out of the Herb at those temperatures.

And I couldn't even tolerate it slightly at those low temps. With the Elev8r I'm extracting everything without the same type of reaction although it is hard to keep it smooth and cool as I would like of course. Basically like not having the advantage of the thermometer with the Supreme, it's inevitable that you will go over your comfort threshold here and there, and undershoot on other heat ups leading to dissatisfaction.

The Herbo Ti on the other hand allows me to extract everything from the herb on temperatures I can tolerate very well. Just listed my GS finally.
Vapecritic is doing me a solid with some stellar GS promoting anyway, right on time!:rockon:

Thanks for the details anyway bro hope you are having a good day.:)

Last edited:

biohacker

Same for me, I had to stick to such low temps with both of them that the extraction was far from complete with very light yellow ABV and I was running through material super fast as a result of not getting everything out of the Herb at those temperatures.

This sums up my experience with both the FP and GS exactly! Although I must admit, I can't believe the level of medication from both of those devices at such low temp. I think the GS blew through my sv3 tolerance no lie! But probably just a vape siggy thing.

Basically like not having the advantage of the thermometer with the Supreme, it's inevitable that you will go over your comfort threshold here and there, and undershoot on other heat ups leading to dissatisfaction.

I would have no interest in the sv3 if it didn't have that digital thermometer. I can't vape in the dark with temps so to speak, which is why the vapocane didn't interest me, and i'm putting the Elev8tr in the same category. But could one not just use one of those fancy laser pointer thermometers on the Elev8tr glass to at least be able to replicate experiences. Anyways, better for that actual thread!

Alexis

But could one not just use one of those fancy laser pointer thermometers on the Elev8tr glass to at least be able to replicate experiences. Anyways, better for that actual thread!
Yes this did cross my mind. No experience with any such type equipment myself. But I did have a thought on how to elevate the Elev8r- we need a super advanced, reliable torch with IF heat function built in.
I may look into an IF or other type of thermometer at some point. It could work very well actually. One advantage to this approach with the Elev8r is that you can overheat it without the herb being spent or affected and just begin inhaling when you feel the temperature is right, so you could just heat it up a little extra then check the temps and begin your hit when it has dropped to the right level.

biohacker

One advantage to this approach with the Elev8r is that you can overheat it without the herb being spent or affected and just begin inhaling when you feel the temperature is right, so you could just heat it up a little extra then check the temps and begin your hit when it has dropped to the right level.

I do that with my sv3....heat up to 190+, and then insert the stem when the temp drops. 50% of the time i'll take a nice long slow hit that tastes amazing, and the other 50% i'll hit it a bit harder and quickly and do a short reheat. Prevents overshooting easily and gives a nice smooth experience with more convection.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Yes this did cross my mind. No experience with any such type equipment myself. But I did have a thought on how to elevate the Elev8r- we need a super advanced, reliable torch with IF heat function built in.
I may look into an IF or other type of thermometer at some point. It could work very well actually. One advantage to this approach with the Elev8r is that you can overheat it without the herb being spent or affected and just begin inhaling when you feel the temperature is right, so you could just heat it up a little extra then check the temps and begin your hit when it has dropped to the right level.

Infrared thermometers don't work well at all on transparent or shiny surfaces. You would need a K type thermocouple but since everything is enclosed in the Elev8r once the clip is attached I'm not sure where you would insert it to grab a reading. Maybe rectally right through the bowl.

Alexis

Infrared thermometers don't work well at all on transparent or shiny surfaces. You would need a K type thermocouple but since everything is enclosed in the Elev8r once the clip is attached I'm not sure where you would insert it to grab a reading. Maybe rectally right through the bowl.
Thanks for that info. Perhaps it won't work then. It would have to be a wireless/probeless setup or just too impractical for regular use, it's okay for running temp charts etc but not for daily vaping.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Thanks for that info. Perhaps it won't work then. It would have to be a wireless/probeless setup or just too impractical for regular use, it's okay for running temp charts etc but not for daily vaping.

Yeah, I think the other issue is as a convection vape, measuring the standing ambient air temperature won't really equate to the air temp when you are drawing and passing hot air over the load. The lack of temperature control is the same thing that held me off from the Mobius Flowerpot. I still really want an Elev8r/Flowerpot though :rofl: got these deep recurring vapor curiosities here.

Alexis

Yeah, I think the other issue is as a convection vape, measuring the standing ambient air temperature won't really equate to the air temp when you are drawing and passing hot air over the load. The lack of temperature control is the same thing that held me off from the Mobius Flowerpot. I still really want an Elev8r/Flowerpot though :rofl: got these deep recurring vapor curiosities here.
Well I was thinking it would be better to measure the temp of the actual glass, not the air temp. I was just thinking that is you could get an accurats quick way of checking the temp of the glass heater that would be enough to learn your sweetspot and dial in each time.

Maybe there is a way to do this? I have been holding the heater near my chin to get feel for the temp. With practise, I am sure this could be more instinctively tuned for better consistency.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Well I was thinking it would be better to measure the temp of the actual glass, not the air temp. I was just thinking that is you could get an accurats quick way of checking the temp of the glass heater that would be enough to learn your sweetspot and dial in each time.

Maybe there is a way to do this? I have been holding the heater near my chin to get feel for the temp. With practise, I am sure this could be more instinctively tuned for better consistency.

In the dab community, the technique for reliable hits is using a simple timer. Since you aren't really doing cool downs with this, just timing the heat-up might be fairly consistent for you.

And when dabbing it's common to hold your finger over the nail as an auxiliary temperature check, so gauging the radiant heat is a great idea at getting a second temp check.

Top Bottom