1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Vaporizer 4

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by biohacker, Feb 8, 2018.

1. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Naw, you just don't have Canadian Customs officers sabotaging yours "because our laws are not working for us" :rofl:

It means that the cover isn't tamped to be able to pull the coil out. Is the coil snug or does it move at all? Not sure how that would all work without a snug secure fit. Be careful!

@invertedisdead :rofl:It's true! Science! :D

I definitely agree with you there, however it's something I have a feeling will be improved on very soon, with better materials! ;) I have the patent if you're interested :lol:

Appreciate it bro! There are now 3 SV4's in the wild. Mine blew up and was sent back, yours working perfectly, and @Dubmonkey not liking his and practically trying to GIVE his away for nothing!

2. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

I have been looking at all the SV4 posts on here and other forums and have to say that i have a Unicorn!
    If you look at EVERY single image posted of the SV4, you will notice that the flat coil pocket is on the right hand side. Every single picture.
    I emailed Ed about it and his short answer was there are no such thing as left or right handed SV4's.

Why would my coil be on the left hand side??
    I know i am not crazy because i have it in front of me!
    As a reminder, here is my SV4, direct from ED:
    [​IMG]
    Quite clearly, it is on the LEFT.

Here is a picture that @Mister G took of his SV4, the coil is on the RHS.
    [​IMG]

I am waiting on a reply from Ed as i supplied him with all the images online.
    Unless everyone reversed their images? Hard to believe that though...

JCat, Alexis, Mister G and 2 others like this.
  3. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Paasssss the coil on the left hand side! :)

[​IMG]

@lazylathe maybe yours was meant for Australia! I think their toilet water spins the opposite way too!

JCat, Alexis, lazylathe and 2 others like this.
  4. lazylathe

Yours is also on the right hand side!
    Am i a dutchie??
    Let's get some good tunes going at least!
    Click to play YouTube Video

JCat, Alexis and biohacker like this.
  5. szai

szai Well-Known Member

Your's also didn't starting glowing red and going to 999 and or not producing vapor?

I think you're lucky! You got ansv4 from a nearby brane! One which works, doesn't blow up and wasn't made by our universe's Ed! He said so himself!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  6. highasakite

highasakite Well-Known Member

Does he not know what you’re talking about or does he really have this little attention to detail? Hard to believe, wow.

steama, JCat, Alexis and 2 others like this.
  7. lazylathe

Not sure, I was very specific in explaining how I look at them and orientate the pocket.
    It's technically not left or right handed but the side the pocket is on does make it easier for righties if it is on the right.
    No worries it will work as intended, I just ask too many questions...

I have some ideas about mounting a thermometer or thermocouple to it as well without nodding anything... TBC!

JCat, Alexis, highasakite and 2 others like this.
  8. Boden

Boden Aspie polymath

What does the other side look Like? Just curious.

JCat and szai like this.
  9. lazylathe

Check my earlier post... Shows all sides and only one pocket on left.
    Pretty simple to me...
    My unit
    [​IMG]

@Mister G SV4
    [​IMG]

Other side again...
    [​IMG]

It's not rocket science...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    MoltenTiger, JCat, Alexis and 5 others like this.
  10. just_the_flu

just_the_flu they say im crazy but i have a have a good time

....correction....

[​IMG]

:cheers:

11. lazylathe

High Five coil arrived from @PlanetVape , ordered Friday AM delivered a few minutes ago!

Coil slips in easily and falls out just as easily...
    Going to have to spend some time with it to get that "intimate connection" going.
    Even if i just hammered the 2 points to retain the heater there is still a 2mm space between the coil and the SV4.
    Definitely NOT a vape you can buy and install a coil and away you go...

Looks like i need to find a thick stainless steel washer now.

Testing on hold till this issue is sorted out...

Edited to add a picture i sent to Ed.
    [​IMG]

ANOTHER EDIT!
    Found a stainless steel washer t hat fit perfectly, so i have the washer against the welded pocket and the coil pressed against the SV4 body. It works quite well but obviously not ideal for everyone, especially since this costs almost $200...
    I rewired the High 5 to be compatible with my China controller, quick and easy as you just need to swap two wires!
    Set it to 620 as suggested and waited.
    Once heated i loaded a tube and inserted, the temp did not drop and hit it.
    Thick vapor formed almost instantly! Taste was off due to the heat being too hot, top was black but not burnt. So much vapor!!
    More testing and experimenting and then i will get some videos up!
    Also want to try it with my Auberins controller, so another rewire!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    Hogni, szai, highasakite and 9 others like this.
  12. lazylathe

Small update!

This thing has some serious power!!
    I more than halved my daily consumption yesterday just using the SV4.

The SV4 is a total different vape to the SV3, it hits harder and for longer.
    That consistently heated exchanger is able to deliver so much heat to the air as it passes over the fins, it extracts like crazy.

The bowl system is a fail on this vape for me and i no longer use it, after 1 day.
    Since i removed all the supplied silicone tubing and replaced it with my own, I was unable to get the bowl to be inserted correctly easily. I would recommend leaving some of the original silicone to hold the bowl correctly.

I now have a thin ring of silicone tubing over the heat tube and use my Vapocane bowl for FULL convection hits! The awesome thing about this setup is that i can tailor the distance of the heat tube from to herb.
    I am currently running at 585F on the controller.

For a stand i am using the base of my DNail Lotus glass stand with my OG New Vape FP 14/18mm bowl!
    The stem of the SV4 fits the hole perfectly!

Already thinking of modifying the TC as @JCat did for his SV3 coil mod!
    I think the initial hotter running of the coil and then just maintaining a lower set temp will be better for the coil as opposed to running at 585F. Need to figure out a neat way to do it.

MoltenTiger, Hogni, Alexis and 6 others like this.
  13. szai

szai Well-Known Member

Do you have a JCat mod on order too?

lazylathe, biohacker and KidFated. like this.
  14. lazylathe

No, if i ever mod my Sv3 I will do it myself.
    Awesome mod and kit though and if it performs like the SV4, then it is a sure winner!!

Hogni, JCat, Alexis and 3 others like this.
  15. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

It actually performs even BETTER due to that TC/coil hack @JCat did! Imagine how JCat's new vaporizer design will be! :o

JCat, Alexis, highasakite and 2 others like this.
  16. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

:brow:

17. lazylathe

One would need to test the SV3 Mod against the SV4 and to my knowledge this has not been done, so that is a bit of a far stretch at the moment.
    Even with the TC mod the coil is still just as hot in order to read the temp at the normal SV3 TC position.
    Same heat exchanger, same coil should perform similarly.
    The only difference I see is the extra bulk for a heatsink, which the SV4 clearly does not need to perform well.

18. Alexis

Alexis Peace keeper, fun maker and 3/4 time vaporist.

I knew I could count on you Lazy to maks me jealous damn you!:argh:
    I have gotten over all the amazing toys you have that I can't use. I was happy with things after months/years of consoling myself and working on being thankful.

NOW- once again I feel like I am missing the party. Oh well, Im sure I will come to terms with it. Especially if I can tolerate Jcat's Ti/quartz masterpiece vape coming soon.

But one great thing about these green eyed feelings you have stirred up in me- I caved in yesterday and ordered the rdk-300 and coil for the Elev8r. I felt a little guilty as I have spent too much lately and am still trying to build funds for the Digi-Ti as soon as I can get hold of it.

But now I realise that ordering the Auber was totally the right thing to do and will help me cope with my VAS torments as I surely watch the reviews we originally expected to start rolling in.
    I can just enjoy the show now while maintaining my own little paradise.:)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Gray Area, lazylathe and KidFated. like this.
  19. szai

szai Well-Known Member

There's an electric mod for the elev8r too?

20. Alexis

Yeah check out vapecritics live stream from Saturday. He begins the stream with the Elev8r and coil and explains all about it, he's loving it just as much as Sub, GS, FP etc you name it.

Maybe a little more? Check it out anyway. Certainly some exciting developments going on in the vape world right now.

highasakite likes this.
  21. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

:rofl:
    It's not a far stretch... @JCat explained why in his thread! It's due to the way the TC and PID work together and control the temperature. I didn't mean because of the heatsink, although I think perhaps even that helps? I honestly wouldn't want it the way Jcat originally had it, and actually cancelled my order until he revised and hacked that coil! Complete game changer for me!

@Alexis you're now bringing your Elev8tr E-mod crusade to this thread? :goon: Weren't you already warned in the FP thread? :brow::cool:;):rofl::luv::tup:

22. Alexis

:tinfoil::lol:

Have to spread my wings bro! I actually see it as a good thing to spread a little word of developments around in other threads, too many good things come from members catching wind of things they otherwise would miss. As long as it is kept minimal, appropriate context and in good taste, with due respect for the appropriate thread and the members there of course.:nod:

Such exciting times right now with developments across the board, and it's all related as we strive to take vapes, and vaping, to the next step.

Really am happy though to see Lazy getting his SV4 working so well. Can't wait Bio to see what you get your own hands on, the Jcat mod it is? Hasn't he saved the day for you at what could otherwise been a time of "Supreme" disappointment which otherwise might have made it hard to find a focus for a little while, after SO MANY disappointments and dead ends over the years and recently.

I know the feelings at those dead ends where you have to back up, not sure where you are goiing to drive next, because I have been there myself. So we both share this kind of journey and experience, with individual differences of course.

BUT- I have some clear and positive focus and direction myself now, with Digital Ti on map, and Elev8r mods (note- no "T", @Morty is STILL borowwing it remember?);):rofl:

I was just thinking today how cool it will be when we can ALL be more content than ever before with our vape lineups. I am closer than ever before now. Just need continued improvement with health and allergies, and eventually (one step at a time in current conditions) I definitely wanna join you on that Rosin and bubble.

Morty, highasakite, mixchu69 and 2 others like this.
  23. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

@lazylathe hey bro keep me in the loop on the SV4 testing...i may break down and get the barebones model and config my own nail and controller.

lazylathe likes this.
  24. lazylathe

This is the SV4 thread guys...
    Not the SV3 Mod thread...
    Not the ELEV8 thread...

Maybe someone should start an SV3 compared to SV4. Still not sure how someone can claim there mod works better than a product they have not tried?

Last thought on this subject:
    When you heat the SV3 with the torch, how hot does the side you heat get?
    How long does that heat take to travel to the heat sensor until it starts to register heat?
    I know all the answers, damn hot for the first one and a while till the sensor starts to read the temp going up.
    This is EXACTLY the same as the mod... Heat the side hot till the temp sensor, now removed from the coil starts to climb.
    I can bet you that the actual coil temp is not what the TC now is reading!! 100%
    It takes a lot of energy to keep the block heated, as noted when torch heating and drawing, the temp goes down, a unique feature that only the SV3 seems to be able to do.

If i had to do that with my SV4 would it make it better than the SV3?

Let's keep it uncluttered!
    Tried some 4 year old shatter i found using full convection, temp was low as i did not adjust it.
    Nice light vapor that tasted great! Nice effects for early afternoon!
    Off to the gym now!

25. Alexis

@lazylathe , you are dead right, and I am sorry guys- I respect you and your view and will stay on topic bruv. Always such a tease thesw threads I would love to be an active part of, because I can't even tease myself, until Jcat's Ti/quartz evolution arrives.
    I would certainly be up for testing a Ti Supreme, or (quartz if more suitable), to see how my allergies would go with it.
    God I am REALLY REALLY wasted. Im struggling for words here. I just modded (a differerent vape:lol:), and it has blown my head off. I'll be watching you all from the sidelines here, good show so far!:tup:

KidFated., szai and lazylathe like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors