1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme Vaporizer 4

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by biohacker, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Hogni

Hogni Honi soit qui mal y pense

Well done, Ed - bring the good stuff to the 3rd vape world of Europe!

Single S3 rules! HTF needs a dually? What for?

Still waiting for a sturdy adapter for the bowl tubes. These fucking o-rings give such a wobbly seat - I hate it. All my accidents with the S3 happened cause of that wobbly seat - thanks universe for no serious consequences. It wouldn't get a TüV certification for sure ;)

2. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

I never use those crappy o-ring grommets.... only 18/14 glass reducer adapter direct to the silicone. But I use a claisen so I carb. Might be trickier to insert/remove due to seal, but still better than those stock grommets IMO.

JCat, Alexis and Hogni like this.
  3. Mr. Whitewall

Mr. Whitewall Well-Known Member

:cry: AMEN

@ Distribution companies: THERE IS life beyond Volcano and Extreme Q, you know?

Customers know what they want & they'll keep on buying it OVERSEAS until you realise there is a market!
    Please stop trying to sell us the stuff YOU want because you bought a warehouse full! Especially that China shit like it is solid gold FFS :zombie:... 3rd rate vapes that no sane consumer would even touch with a pole if he knew!

(Rant over)

I'd love to get one of those bad boys (preferably a dual?)! But 216E seems pretty fair :tup:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    JCat likes this.
  4. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

I'd go with the singular, as I received confirmation from Ed this morning that there are no more Singulars. Like I said, Ed sold out to Europe! :lol: So, that single is basically a collector's item unless Ed changes his mind and starts making them again. Who knows the reasons for his decision making.... he certainly doesn't seem to be listening to us?

As for Ed's customer service.... well, that's a good question because now ethics are involved, and I just initiated a PayPal dispute. :bang: I just want my money back so I can move on with my life. I'm done with Ed and the SV4. Sorry Ed, you did this to yourself.

5. Hogni

A decision I can't understand. Why doesn't he give his customers what they want - at least to choose?
    Haven't tried the S3 dually but I also can't see any sense in this construction. What shall be advantages?

Using two bowls at the same time? It can't really work regarding different lenght of air path while in use with a water tool bc you nearly always need extensions for a proper connection and therefore there is a different underpressure.

Also I don't need it. One big bowl is more than enough to give me the efx I'm searching for. Why a 2nd one?
    During a sesh I can swap the bowls in seconds if necessary. I guess that's faster than fiddling with the connection of the two bowls to use them the same time.

So please tell me what's the dually making better!?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  6. scion34

scion34 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it isn’t for you, either, @biohacker. Had a feeling about this one.

7. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

What a sour thread.. hope this gets figured out..

8. CheeseSandwich

CheeseSandwich Well-Known Member

Wow! That sucks @biohacker Sorry to hear of your headache. Totally sucks when these largely anticipated releases are a mess...

Alexis, biohacker and JCat like this.
  9. hoyo77

hoyo77 Well-Known Member

Sad thing is none of his other releases went like this...I remember one of the biggest complaints about SV3 is that it was so ugly and then after folks started hitting it and getting that milk and became the best thing since sliced bread. I hope Ed gets it together, my invoice for my SV4 is still on paypal waiting for me. I just cant purchase it right now. I will get it eventually, i just do not feel like paying 300 plus bucks to be a beta tester!!!

10. Dubmonkey

Dubmonkey Well-Known Member

Bummed for you @biohacker.i learned a lesson to slow down my VAS. Nice to try first but think I wished I waited. Will move on and it is looking like I will have to gift the SV4 to move it

ew91, Alexis, CheeseSandwich and 3 others like this.
  11. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Thanks fellas, appreciate your kind gestures. Ed thinks something happened to the PID during transport and the wants ME to file some sort of insurance claim even though i'm in Canada and it originated USPS. I've been through something like this before, and the shipper had to do the entire process. Regardless, no refund, no return shipping address, so i've had to escalate this. Pisses me off slightly for my efforts to open this thread, spread the word, increase sales, etc. And then he says that JCat's E-Mod isn't as good as the SV4! :mental:

steama, highasakite, ew91 and 13 others like this.
  12. Morty

Morty Well-Zoned Member

Sorry to hear this @biohacker. This is the kind of stuff that leaves a bad taste in one's mouth, regardless of performance.

How would he know unless he compared the two ?

:wave:

steama, highasakite, Hogni and 5 others like this.
  13. shaolinmilk

shaolinmilk Well-Known Member

Sigh this really sucks. I really really like the SV3, but the way Ed is treating some of his first and most loyal customers is quite disgusting to me. Did Ed provide a reason why JCat's E-Mod won't be as good as the SV4? I seen JCat's videos and from what I see, he has a working product whereas Ed is still in the beta phase. Sucks you opened up this thread to promote a product you believed in and the creator bites you in the ass. And like I stated in my first response, the price is way too high for something like this IMO.

steama, just_the_flu, Hogni and 8 others like this.
  14. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

More efficient energy transfer via a weld with the SV4. I disagree.

I completely agree!

In all fairness, I think he's just confused on the process, and thinks the controller was sabotaged. Obviously he should stick with the SV3 and leave the electronics alone....way too much of a hassle to deal with warranties etc. Shame he didn't consult with some of the community on this project. I guarantee it would have had a much bigger jump outta the gate!

If it was the absolute bomb, well worth it IMO. But the way it is now, I feel like I should have paid zero and have been thanked for testing it for him. Shit literally was a major fire hazard IME.

I still feel that the SV4 has great potential, but I can no longer support it for my own reasons. I'll only post again when I have a resolution to my case.

15. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

+1 on that one... :nod:

This thread could have been SO different :doh:

16. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

ROFL, sorry to heard all this shit about this so anticipated electric Supreme ....:uhoh: My hope to have a new electric Supreme toy is gone !! :rip::rip:

steama, KidFated. and biohacker like this.
  17. Hogni

Why that? Just buy one of @JCat 's S3 electrickery mods!

BTW @JCat , any revisions of construction meanwhile?

steama, KidFated. and Razshiro like this.
  18. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

Yes, sorry totally forgot this awesome Mod !! I keep an eye on this , keep it up your good work @JCat and thanks @Hogni for remember me this Mod.

steama, KidFated. and Hogni like this.
  19. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Check-out the SV3 Electric Conversion Kit thread for ongoing updates, but production is going well. This is a picture of the final model (I have one mounted on my SV3 now and have 2 others built as I'm perfecting my process before doing the batch of the rest of them for the pre-orders)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Genius folks look at the world differently then the rest of us. Eventhough I love my Sv3, I always felt that Eds business model was a disaster. I hope everything works out, but I’m keeping my Sv3.

Hogni, KidFated., Alexis and 3 others like this.
  21. LAWTHEONE

LAWTHEONE Active Member

Lets see that bad boy in ACTION!!!:rockon::drool:

22. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

23. LAWTHEONE

LAWTHEONE Active Member

24. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Since this is the SV4 thread and there seems to be no conversation about it, i changed my mind!

Talked with Ed via email for a while and i decided i still wanted to try one.
    Except i went the bare bones version.

My SV4 has been shipped and i am on the hunt for a flat coil.
    Need to call a few stores tomorrow and see what they have otherwise i will just order the Auberins one and use my RDK-200.

I will post pictures of the unit and what electronics will be used.
    Also may just wait for it to arrive and take with to check fit of different coils, once i find out if i can buy a coil locally.

The SV2 and the SV3 have both been excellent vapes for me!
    I am hoping to get the SV4 to be in rotation for daily use!

Should be here in about 2 weeks!

JCat, Andreaerdna, mixchu69 and 6 others like this.
  25. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Ordered a flat coil today so it should be here by the time the SV4 arrives!
    It will also be used to test with my SV3, more in that thread.

JCat, Alexis, PPN and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors