1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Supreme V3 gongs

Discussion in 'DIY' started by PeteSeattle, May 11, 2017.

1. PeteSeattle

PeteSeattle Well-Known Member Accessory Maker

Oh, I'm glad they made it over! Thank you for your feedback. I love crowdsourcing ideas for improvement.

@subway13029 I would but I don't want to monkey around with @VAPEHUNTER's SV. I don't want to break it!!

2. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

yeah, they made it over no problem, thanks again :tup:

...they did however go missing in the local post office for 24hrs... when I first took the card to collect them yesterday they were nowhere to be found :mad:

Fortunately that had turned up again by today :party:

GreenHopper and PeteSeattle like this.
  3. PeteSeattle

@biohacker ... did it get through the border?

biohacker likes this.
  4. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

ya bro i left a review in the supreme thread, lol

GreenHopper likes this.
  5. PeteSeattle

Aw geez ... jumping around the forum too much and too much on my mind. Lol! Dang I need to chill for a moment. :mental:

6. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

ok feedback time...

My bubbler and J-hook are both 18mm, so have been using my gong with a 14mm -18mm adapter. Makes it a little sturdier to stand up too :tup:

[​IMG]

The silicone tube section is for two reasons... firstly it gives you a cool place to hold when you're handling the hot gong
    It also stops the tube sliding into the supreme too far and leaves that small gap between the top of the gong and the heat exchanger plates (for air flow)...

...now as it happens, that point is just where the indent is pushed into the glass tube to stop the load falling down. Now as it also happens, the tube won't actually push any further past that point into the supreme, due to some deformation or (more likely) slight widening of the tube at that point due to the pressure pushing the indent...

Now imo this is not an issue at all, but needs to be built into the overall plan :science:
    In my (humble :D) opinion, you should aim for the indent to be pushed into the tube as close to the formed joint as possible, then go for appx 47mm of straight tube after that.
    This would make the gong more compact, and you could always add a handle/dots to stop it rolling at the same point as the indent, which won't add any real length overall :tup:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  7. PeteSeattle

Thank you so much for your user experience review and mods. And the photo really helps.

@VAPEHUNTER is sending the S3 up my way again with the thermometer working so now I will be able to test new modifications.

I do have to apologize that I'm loving time off the grid way too much and haven't been home. I do plan on hopping back on this and the VC bodies soon. The heat in Seattle is just off the charts so I've been slacking going into an extra hot studio.

I hope summer I going well for you all!

8. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

how do I get one of these mutherfuckerz?

9. PeteSeattle

Hey all. I'm still here. Just going through a rough time in my life. I'll bounce back soon enough.

10. biohacker

We have all the time in the world for you, our friend!

Curious though, were you able to try the sv3 yet?

VAPEHUNTER, Morty and Gray Area like this.
  11. VAPEHUNTER

VAPEHUNTER Well-Known Member

Yeah, He got to try it. I changed the battery and sent it back to him so he can try it. I think he had a good couple of weeks with it. And being a true gentleman he is he returned it when he said he would.
    :peace:

12. biohacker

What a class act, and a true gentleman yourself for lending it out! :tup:

Hogni and Gray Area like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors