Sun Butter

SnidelyWhiplash

So, I have been making my own makeshift sun ovens. A little trash and 20 minutes and you have a 280 degree chamber.... But what I have noticed is that liquid sealed in a mason jar, is holding 200-220 degrees, comfortably, all-day. Makes for some seroiusly extracted tea from the herbs growing in my garden. Really cool.

So, I am going to use my vitamix-lethicin technique this way. I will decarb in the sun-oven (in a dry, sealed mason jar) for 15 minutes at 200, and let cool completely before opening. Then I will dump in in my vitamixer with water and lethicin, turning it into a green liquid. Next I will rejar it with cocoa butter, seal it, and leave it in the sun oven for an entire day. (keeping the temperature around 205 if at all possible. However, it WILL be sealed so if anything does evaporate, it should recondense RIGHT???)

From there, cheesecloth filter, and freeze to separate, fan the cocoa butter to remove the moisture and finally make into tempured chocolate. (with ground coffee, ginsing, ginger, and tumeric).

Anyone see anything wrong with this logic? I've basically mastered doing this exact technique on a stove, and I've never experienced any edibles that can even take a swing at this level of concentration, clarity of high and taste. A nibble will stun a veteran. Using the sun - I think it will be the next level. Also my house wont stink!

SnidelyWhiplash,
Reactions: Nycdeisel

mephisto

Logic looks solid, can't wait to hear your results. I have always gotten my ass kicked
by any edibles I have made. Self-testing is a bitch, maybe this recipe will yield a
better control and a more manageable "lift". I am getting too old for the white-knucklers....

mephisto,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Man this is cool. So your sun oven is it just like a box and tin foil and plastic wrap that sorta stuff?. Vita mix is like a blender right not some sort of vitamin supplement? I would think the only draw back that you would get of too much heat for a long period of time in your sealed container would be maybe some degradation of the thc into cannabinoids with a more sedative effect. Cool idea though man I love the idea. Theoretically you should get a long extraction at low temps allowing for an oil that should be very bioavailable. Particularly with the liposomal encapsulation. Let us know how it comes out, excited to hear your results man.

Mind sharing what other kinds of herbs your extracting currently?

Puffers,

SnidelyWhiplash

You need 2 Bigger boxes, one smaller, one glass picture frame about the size of the smaller box, tinfoil, and styrofoam peanuts.

Basic oven is like this: Take 2 big boxes and one smaller one. In the first big box, put in a layer of styrofoam peanuts. Line the inside bottom of the smaller box with black construction paper, and he inside sides with tinfoil. Place it in the larger box on the peanuts. Add more peanuts to the sides. They are your insulation. Next place the glass picture frame over the smaller box. Almost done, chop of the remaining bigger box into 4 long pieces, and cover them with foil. Now place them around the outside of your smaller box. Tilt the whole complete oven towards the sun, and make sure the shadow is at the rear, evenly spaced on both sides.

The tea i made today was homegrown chamomile, lavender and Jaogulan. I was sick a couple weeks ago and ( a cold) NUKED it by making fresh olive leaf tea from my tree this way.

SnidelyWhiplash,

SnidelyWhiplash

Ok, so it begins. I took 18 grams of donated Chronic, jarred an sun baked at 200 for 15 minutes to decarb. After cooling to room temperature I pulverized it with filtered water and 3 TBSP of organic lethicin powder. Next I added it to 2 quart mason jars with a 75 grams of kind-ass-chocolateering cocoa butter PER JAR (total of 150 grams. I put them in the sun oven with a 3rd jar filled with water and thermometer rammed through its lid (to keep track of the internal temperature).

After extraction I will AIR dry the cocoa butter then temper it into 350 grams of chocolate to (25 percent extracted cocoa butter).

I'm thinking more herb would be better at this ratio, but you never know.. it IS good herb.. but I could fit 2x as much herb keeping the same form-factor....

So, I'll report back with strength in a couple days. I will say, so far, the smell has been eliminated (its sealed in a jar!)

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
This is sounding awesome, I'd like to try this one day.

bleak,

SnidelyWhiplash

Day 2. This is unreal... So the temperature inside the oven held 230, but the liquid temp held 200 perfectly. I had to remove the jars and shake them every couple hours as the oil is sitting up top. But NO smell escaping. A far cry from the satanic-skunks-bunghole that my house used to smell like during this process. So I decided to go for 2 days (total of about 10-12 hours of low heat) Last night I put it in the fridge to solidify, then baked again today. Now its out cooling off from the 2nd day of baking. Ill extract tonight...

SnidelyWhiplash,

SnidelyWhiplash

So, interesting, I only managed to pull out 100 grams AFTER DRYING (out of 150). Not sure if it disappeared or just lost weight drying in front of the fan or if I didnt squeeze good enough through the cheesecloth. Mind you it was well over 150 when I pulled it... Anyway, onward ho, I tempured it into 300 grams of chocolate with some ground up traditional medicinals nighty night tea.

I licked the spoon and bowl that I tempured the chocolate in... Slept like a ROCK.

I think this is less potent then my previous batch, but only due to using less herb..

Ill test it for strength properly today. The technique worked really well. No smell, clean perfect cocoa butter, perfect chocolate. I have 40 grams of Banana OG ready for test #2.

SnidelyWhiplash,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Thanks for keeping us updated I'm really interested in your progress this looks like a really cool technique.

Puffers,

SnidelyWhiplash

Well, the chocolate is great, tastes great, super potent... BUT.. I have made it 2-3x stronger before.. Thats the genius of using the vitamixer - you can pulverize any concentration you want. So, next batch will have 2x as much herb...

P.S. what is the easiest way to post photos anonymously?

SnidelyWhiplash,

SD_haze

Well, the chocolate is great, tastes great, super potent... BUT.. I have made it 2-3x stronger before.. Thats the genius of using the vitamixer - you can pulverize any concentration you want. So, next batch will have 2x as much herb...

P.S. what is the easiest way to post photos anonymously?
You dont want to post pics directly from your camera as it'll have personal info.

The best website that removes this data (and best free image uploading site period) is
www.imgur.com

No ads, no pop ups, etc
Simple, easy, but has all the tools you could ever want to edit the picture.

The Maj

This is a great idea and those our the perfect temps for extraction using butter, def interesting in repeating this myself

The Maj,

SnidelyWhiplash

It works perfectly. I did a 45 gram of flower batch to 200 grams of cocoa butter, 4 tbsp lethicin... Insane strength. No smell until you open them. Last chocolate turned out to be very enjoyable. This batch is just absurd.

I think I just might make an e-Book with video...

SnidelyWhiplash,
Reactions: bleak
Top Bottom