[suggestions?] I would like to buy my 2nd vape...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex314

Hi guys, nearly a year ago I purchased my first vaporizer: A VaporStar. I love it, I mean... literally :lol:.

Anyway, I found that there are times when I get too lazy (or too stoned...) to keep doing the right lighter technique to get the best (and all) the vapor that the herb have to give.

So... I'm looking for a second vape, to use at home, this are the features I'm looking for:

- Healthy air path (I can accept steel, but I have fear from plastics in the path)
- Efficient (get all the vapor a herb can give without burning)
- No consumable parts (like the volcano bag, I want to spend money only one time)
- Electric / battery powered
- Easy to use: Just load the herb, turn on, and inhale
- Max budget: $200 US dollars
- World wide shipping

It would be nice if the vapor can be humidified in some way, with my VS I use a diffuser into a water pipe to make it more friendly to my throat.
I don't care if it has a temperature control or not, as long as it can take all the vapor in the herb.

Well, I thank you in advance for any hint. :peace:

alex314,

DaProfessor

A log style vape sounds like something you be interested in. Getting them shipped overseas...that's a problem though. Maybe you could pickup an LSV. I would suggest a whip vape, but it has plastic (tubing) in the airpath. At least with the LSV, you could use the direct inhalation method which eliminates the plastic tubing.

DaProfessor,

alex314

Hi guys, thank you for you replies.

I don't have enough experience with vaporizers, I looked the video demonstration for the LSV and when it was turned on my first thought was: The temperature knob will break after playing with it for a while. Anyway it's a good option.

Do anyone has another suggestion?

Do you think that my no-plastics in the air path requirement is a non sense and I should relax it?

alex314,

max

Out to lunch
Do you think that my no-plastics in the air path requirement is a non sense and I should relax it?
Aside from Vapir models, which aren't likely to get recommended, plastic in the vapor path isn't common. I hope you're not concerned about whip tubing. The temp has dropped enough by the time vapor has reached tubing, so that it's not an issue. If you're still concerned about that issue, you can always buy some silicone tubing, which has very high temp limits. The iolite uses two different high tech plastics, one for inside and one for the housing, and there's no 'danger' issue with this model either.

I'd strongly consider the DBV. It seems to meet all your criteria, and I can't think of a direct draw vape I'd rather have in this price range. It's a proven design with a 3 yr. warranty. Efficiency, with a good brand name vape, is more dependent on how you use it, than which model you're using. Don't crank up the temp too soon, or take bigger hits than you can handle, and the DBV can be very efficient.

max,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
My vote is for the EQ. Under $200 and it does everything. I use it with my glass and it is just perfect. But you can also do bags if you want. I have 4 vaporizers and out of the four, the EQ is the one I would give up LAST.

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

The non sense part is the one about not wanting a knob or dial, that rules out quite a few vaporizers....

but its ok to not want plastic, you will want like a Supreme or LSV.

However, regarding your list, theres going to have to be some trade offs, you cant have one vaporizer that does everything. You may look into other vaporizers down the road, like many serious vaporists do.

Your biggest obstacle will probably be the overseas shipping.

Nycdeisel,

MG23

Relaxin'
You should -really- look into Purple Days or Myrtlezap. They match everything you are looking for for $180 and $155 respectively. I had pretty much the same criteria for my first home vape and these are where it's at.

No worldwide shipping is the only problem. =/

MG23,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom