Suggestions for a better home vaporizer

Tonyscoop

HELP MEE PLEASE!
Hey guys, I’m an 60 year old-time smoker and newbie vaper! I quit smoking at 21 and started again 59. I have a medical card now. I bought the DaVinci Miqro-c as my first vaporizer, I never even used one before. The build quality sold me. It took me about 3 weeks to start impressing me, with the cleaner, longer lasting high finally within my grasp. Once in a while I’d get a mouthful of tiny grains or have a bad pack here and there, but I could always count on at least 4 decent hits when stirring a bit in between. I know a 10mm screen fits, but my hands get tremors making that annoying as hell.
Now the Miqro’s pulses/buzzes are acting up and sometimes one or two happen soon after the turn on, with a shorter heat-up time and/or complete turn off within a minute or two. I’m in the process of making a video for a warranty claim and because it actually works fine occasionally, it’s been hit or miss. I will proceed though with a claim, because it does turn-off about 50% of the time. Also, it is great for portable use.
I’m ready for a better home vaporizer that is efficient and easier to clean. I need 2-3 sessions a day, with at least 4-5 good hits per. I don’t care if it is portable, as long as it’s no more than $300. The process of using a torch with dynavape products is on the table, as well. I’m hearing these models from friends the most.
-Dynavape
-Crafty+
-Arizer Solo 2 Max
-Potv Lobo
-Davinci IQ2
-Flyt Lab
-Volcano (take me longer wait to save)

Thanks anybody!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
You might enjoy the solo or lobo (definitely more practical for home use and more capable than miqro) although you will get more out of a setup that is more involved at home (cloud connoisseur omega or vapvana screwball) so could be worth the investment

MTpromises

I think the Lobo or Crafty are pretty good. They make dosing capsules for both, and you can buy loading trays for the capsules that makes packing them easier. S&B has their own for the Crafty, 3Ddeltastudios makes one for the Lobo. You can probably go on Esty and find more options for loaders.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You might enjoy the solo or lobo (definitely more practical for home use and more capable than miqro) although you will get more out of a setup that is more involved at home (cloud connoisseur omega or vapvana screwball) so could be worth the investment
@Tonyscoop, this is good advice. If you really don't care if it's portable, then you can find a home device under $300 US that should give you a much better experience than most portables.

I recently found a nice home device for $200 US that I use daily (see this thread) but there are other options such as the two mentioned above for starters. You can find out more in the plug in section of the forum.

howie105

I am sure by now you have heard “get a ball vape” and I may end up doing the same suggestion. However, my take on ball vapes is different from some and so is my type of use. I wanted better controls than I was getting on my analog devices, as well as better taste. That led to s PID controlled Elev8r (quartz heater body, rubies and a glass bowl) which gave me just what I wanted at that point in time. To address some points in your post, some baller vapes can be as fidgety as any other vape just due to similar dimensions, so look into large capacity ones. Desktops aren't restricted to smaller space-saving electronic components, so they can go with a robust selection of parts. Efficiency is very good across loads as small as .013 g to .40 g depending on the vape selected. At $300.00 you should have many good choices. A personal observation, at seventy-three, I find ballers easy to use and maintain. Good Luck.

Vehmic

Bogwood Ent
I would look at log vapes - seems like it would check all the boxes for you...
To piggyback that, a Bamboo Heat Island might be the ultimate budget desktop.

You can safely leave on and many use this style of vape with smart plugs to turn it on and off automatically. Easy to maintain. It's not going to punch like a baller, but you will get top tier convection flavor.

https://toasty-top.com/home.html

Last edited:

Tonyscoop

I have to learn more about ball vapes…thanks. I was hoping that a desktop vape wouldn’t be too large, maybe no bigger than 6in x 6in flat surface area. Also, can you turn a desktop vaporizer on with a fresh medium sized bowl and hit it a few times then turn off. Then be able to do that again without stirring?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I have to learn more about ball vapes…thanks. I was hoping that a desktop vape wouldn’t be too large, maybe no bigger than 6in x 6in flat surface area. Also, can you turn a desktop vaporizer on with a fresh medium sized bowl and hit it a few times then turn off. Then be able to do that again without stirring?
You described a log vape perfectly here.

All of my log vapes take up about 2-3 inches square, with a little more for the power supply. You can definitely stretch a bowl out over a long period. Since nearly all log vapes are pure convection, nothing is heated while you aren't using it.

Traditional log vapes operate naturally for long sipping sessions. New generation log vapes, like the CouchLog can also finish a bowl quickly (1-2 hits) when needed.

Ball vapes are great too, but I would say you sound like you want a log.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Also, can you turn a desktop vaporizer on with a fresh medium sized bowl and hit it a few times then turn off. Then be able to do that again without stirring?

You're not going to want to turn it off, most of these are equilibrium desktop vapes, that take time to warm up, sometimes they take time to recover after a hit as well... They are also rated safely to leave on 24/7 for the most part, so you just wouldn't turn it off in between, you would leave it on, then return with your bowl or a fresh bowl whenever you are ready... There are some instant on plug-in options but they are more few and far between currently, so then it would be a battery-powered or butane torch-powered instant on demand option if that was necessary if that was necessary

Tonyscoop

Now the log vapes you mention are being investigated by me as we speak…lol…
‘The ball vapes seem to be “try first kinda“ vapes, for me anyway. My daughter recommended the Airvape Legacy Pro which I believe can be bought for $169 + $30 for capsules.
I actually don’t think the cleaning would be too much for me…I’m a bit particular on stuff.

I know I was leaning desktop but this one is kind of good looking.

lauri melissa

Happy Fairy
Dear TonyScoop, the V-Tower or the deluxe version ExtremeQ or Ex-2 Table vapes maybe the answer. Arizer is a trusted name in vaporizers and made in Canada. A bonus, they are under $300 and most under $200.
I have used my V-Tower for the last 12 or 13 years and still in great shape!! Also, I use a Legacy Pro, either OG or the SteamPunk, daily. I suffer from CPTSD and spinal damage and too many surgeries! I have arthritis and tendonitis.
It is a bear getting old (64), but I don’t want to miss out on life. So, make some adjustments and don’t forget to state your needs. There are a tremendous amount of us “Boomers” around. And we are adjusting to being “them”, instead of “us”. Those years serve as wisdom’s gift, now! Now, I understand what it means to be a senior citizen and disabled. Darn, I really felt immortal at 18 years old…….😂.
Sorry for being long in the tooth. Another one of those wisdom things! Good luck in whatever you choose. Namaste

cosimo

Now the log vapes you mention are being investigated by me as we speak…lol…
‘The ball vapes seem to be “try first kinda“ vapes, for me anyway. My daughter recommended the Airvape Legacy Pro which I believe can be bought for $169 + $30 for capsules.
I actually don’t think the cleaning would be too much for me…I’m a bit particular on stuff.
Yes, and ALP would be a nice portable. If you do go that road, a charger and an extra battery are also a good addition.

hoptimum

Stirring isn’t essential, but it’s the best way to extract the most cannabinoids from your bowl.

hoptimum,

Tonyscoop

Are the AVLP capsules for sale on the website v1 or v2?
Is a 15mm screen suggested for using without the caps?
Is a fine to medium grind the way to go ?

bellona0544

@Grass Yes and @coolbreeze any reason for a preference of log vapes vs the Da Buddha? I am planning on one of the two as my first desktop, and I am leaning toward the DBV with the baller mod since a decent number of back-to-back-to-back bowls are done in my house and I am not sure if a log vape would be able to retain the heat as well or if it would need a little time to get back to temp.

@Tonyscoop, the AVLP from what I have heard (have never tried it) is a great portable but I really do wonder if a desktop device would be the path to go for you. The AVLP requires a little bit of maintenance especially if you are not using dosing capsules (although you mentioned you would be) and depending on your use and your tremors that may or may not be a downside. It is a pretty premium device from all the reviews I have seen, and you can see some great reviews both in this forum and on reddit that cover all of the benefits and all of the potential concerns.

Something like a log vape is pretty low-maintenance and I imagine easy-to-use even with tremors or other dexterity concerns. They are also like the size of a soda can. I'll let people with more experience weigh in more.

Also, 4/20 is right around the corner--there will almost certainly be some great deals! It may be worth waiting to purchase a device until the sales start so you can get more bang for your buck.

coolbreeze

@Grass Yes and @coolbreeze any reason for a preference of log vapes vs the Da Buddha? I am planning on one of the two as my first desktop, and I am leaning toward the DBV with the baller mod since a decent number of back-to-back-to-back bowls are done in my house and I am not sure if a log vape would be able to retain the heat as well or if it would need a little time to get back to temp.
Well, flavor will be better with a log as there's a lot less vapor path, but the DBV is surprisingly good with flavor given the pathway. Some will find the whip cumbersome or unpleasant for flavor; it's never bothered me (to me it's just a longer pathway with more goo). Both can be left on, hit at will, or used to space a bowl over time with little add'l degradation of the herbs. Most logs will need some recharge between big hits, but the DBV I think would never run out. The log has a smaller footprint both in actual terms and in terms of the gear you tend to use with them. The CouchLog XL might be a good option. I haven't seen many words on it yet but I think I've read that it does retain more heat and need less recharge. If not, the Baller DBV is really a blast. I'd recommend considering a glass pathway modded with cooling dimples for peak DBV.

simba

@weedanwine

I've found Enano XL doesn't require waiting between hits, just keeps on pumping out great vapour. The one thing to remember with the Enano XL is that you need to purchase the jodaglass WPA, the stock mouthpiece and WPA are terrible compared.

Top Bottom