Sublimator or "a log" your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anasrzi

Really having a hard time with this conundrum right now, yesterday I had a bit of good news as I recently broke my leg have been working hard to get back to my best and more still back to work. My fiancé keeps telling me to "treat myself" more as I'm a bit of a tight arse and hate to spend money at the best of times but I do see her point I save money as often as I can and rarely indulge myself.

Currently own (and love) a RBT Milaana and omni vapcap both have there pros and cons, both great portables but I normally vape at home very very rarely do. Have a Dabbie and oil pen as well which get less use.

I feel I'm need a home unit so I'm after some input and advice. Years ago I had a volcano which I enjoyed for many years but it broke and the bags were doing my head in as well. Next was a EQ which was ok but didn't last long, finally the lotus came to me, loved it but was still quite hit and miss at times and terrible for non vapers to use.

I'm torn between either a sub (big treat for myslef) and getting a log based vape like homegrown log, e nano etc. I'm big on flavour but want something that hits hard, single hits ideally with little need to stir if any, weed being the primary use and a little bubble possibly as well.

Worries with the sub is having a hunk of hot metal on the table side, internal timer being a pain to keep on top of etc but saying this as I'm told often "nothing hits like a sub ;)" however how does a log compare, any one have both or feels they can advise me here? Sub has many good points along with any log based vape, can you see why im having issue picking my next purchase.

anasrzi,

YungLeaner

I would get a log for sure. They aren't really comparable but I think the Sub is a safety risk. There are people who use it safely but that doesn't make it a very safe vaporizer. And if you want to drop money on something the cloud evo is a lot less dangerous and a lot less money for probably 9/10ths if not all of the extraction capabilities. The underdogs are awesome and they come with a lot of free stems. I would get a voltage keeper to get the most out of any log.

anasrzi

Thanks for the advice guys is can see me getting a log, I mean what sled styled vaporist doesn't own a log of some kind :). The sub and the extraction it gives made me want one but the timer, hot metal, long heat up time etc do put pay to getting one. Can see many love there logs so there much be something in it plus they are by far the cheapest option and gives very good extraction albeit not using huge amounts of herb, not a bad thing in my book.

Evo was another choice I sort of overlooked, I used one before but after I hit the sub so the sub took my breath away and I felt slighty let down by the evo, I'd imagine it would be the other way round if I'd hit them visa versa. My fiancé loved the evo too much more so than the sub (it was just to strong for her). Evo being cheaper too if I got the standard kit as I have water tools already.

Any more input?

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Cant go wrong with a log vape.
Now you just have to decide low voltage 12v underdog/HI/ Homegrown and soon eds tnt vapor bomb or high voltage 110v an Enano all are great just personal preference. I own both and like them both the nano cord is a little stiff. I just leave that one in the kitchen. Underdog next to recliner.
Might want to check out the Errlectric herb nail similar to the sub very heavy hitter snd self stirring convection.
I'm one of the few not blown away by the evo but is definitely an awesome vape.
Good luck

MinnBobber

HI,
you may want to consider the miniVAP. Superb flavor and efficiency of herb. It has a unique loading system of tiny wire baskets with a silicone cover (the Flexicone). Great for micro-doses or pack it full.
It can be a desktop AND a portable with the AC power puck and the battery (longest lasting battery out there).

I very briefly had an EVO but it's in same niche as miniVAP and preferred the miniVAP. EVO has huge following and is a great piece but my negatives were: glass internals which are delicate (somewhat) and I did not like the ELB loading system compared to the miniVAP Flexicones which IMO are the best thing out there. EVO is well built but plastic outer looks cheap. mV has superb look and build quality.

Both are top tier and subject to personal preference.
Are you in Europe? miniVAP is out of Spain.

Vapefeind miniVAP review

At home you can use with the AC puck OR the battery. Super easy to use with mouthpiece, whip, hydratube, or bubbler.

Last edited:

anasrzi

Even more good advice thanks guys :) I'm glad I'm not the only one not overly blown away by the evo @Melting Pot i mean I did like it but the sheer power of the sub sort of made it obsolete, taste was excellent as well which surprised me in a good way, do feel a log is a better bet overall tho.

A good while back I very nearly ended up with a minivap @MinnBobber i enquired to vapefiend about getting one in, he stated he wouldn't be stocking them ever again because of problems with the internal cores glass ones especially I'm aware things have gotten much better now thankfully. I'm in Europe yes in the uk :)

lazylathe

Almost there...
My suggestion would be the Supreme 3!
It is a vape that requires a butane/propane torch to heat the exchanger.

I asked someone on the Supreme forum to comment on how similar it is to the Sub and the responses were really good towards the S3! Apparently it hits like a sub can and it is a super potent vape!
Amazing flavor and HUGE clouds!!
Some videos i made at different temps to see vapor density:

And this excellent one from member @IAmKrazy2

anasrzi

Let me look into the supreme 3 @lazylathe i did see it before along with the herborizer too but felt they were either to fragile (herborizer) or too difficult to work with (supreme 3) maybe I'm very wrong on both fronts? I enjoyed the lotus very much but it was harder to handle for those uninitiated or me doing it for them half the time I'd burn there load and hit to perfection my own.

Much to consider for sure I thankyou for the comments and advice, still no one recommending a sub I see maybe there's something in that? You I will you busy are supposed to be narrowing my wish list not growing it haha :tup:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
The supreme is a hunk of hot metal on the desktop, much like the sublimator. For me, that's not cool.

I'm using a log style vap, and it's pretty awesome. I'll say this, the little aluminum bowls that fit down into the heater cover (not compatible with enano) are really just one hitters in my experience. Works great for me.

j-bug

I have an underdog and it's my absolute fave and I'll always return to it. That said I really wanna pick up a sublimator at one point or something else similarly beastly. Read a bit into the various wonderful log options we have and I'm sure you'll find one that's right for you. I'm partial to underdog and will eventually pick up more so I can have one everywhere. I'm also eagerly following Ed's logs and those are sure to be fantastic pieces of functional art. For me that's what pushed me to underdog over e-nano as those were kinda the biggest difference from my perspective. A mass produced carbon copy e-nano, which is because of how artfully designed they are in the first place quite beautiful and certainly could be considered functional art, but the one of a kind character and slight artistic variance from unit to unit of the Underdog along with the underdog team just utterly charmed me.

hillbill

Underdog with buck/boost can be finely adjusted and will give extreme taste to extreme punch. I like the small hit loads. One or two hits, three or four for private stock! Most stingy on weed as anything. I clean my nylon stems every couple weeks for peak performance. Using Flowermates a lot these days. Old Vapor Genies still hit hard! I do wonder about inhaling hydrocarbons though.

hillbill,
Reactions: anasrzi

anasrzi

Having looked into the supreme v3 I really quite like it, not the form factor it's one strange looking beast but it's a beast non the less looks like sub style hits with far less time, heating and generally keeping on top of. The Sublimator is still in the race as my fiancé feels I should splash out and enjoy myself for once, I see the point I suppose by why spend extra when you don't have to.

Ideally I'd like the vape to perform well when using compressed hash (high grade bubble ;)) can the supreme 3 handle hash as well as herb @Melting Pot and @lazylathe ? Further more another plus for the supreme is its price point but it's out of stock right now according to the website, I may ask when (if) they will be back in stock and take it from there.

The log is still on the table btw can see a lot of love for those wooden wonders :)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Having looked into the supreme v3 I really quite like it, not the form factor it's one strange looking beast but it's a beast non the less looks like sub style hits with far less time, heating and generally keeping on top of. The Sublimator is still in the race as my fiancé feels I should splash out and enjoy myself for once, I see the point I suppose by why spend extra when you don't have to.

Ideally I'd like the vape to perform well when using compressed hash (high grade bubble ;)) can the supreme 3 handle hash as well as herb @Melting Pot and @lazylathe ? Further more another plus for the supreme is its price point but it's out of stock right now according to the website, I may ask when (if) they will be back in stock and take it from there.

The log is still on the table btw can see a lot of love for those wooden wonders :)
Why not get a log and the Supreme? Best of both worlds and cheaper than the Sub. Leave the log on all day everyday, use the Supreme for when you really need those big hits, or for special occasions.

She did say treat yourself! :tup:

anasrzi

Great minds think a like @Melting Pot and @Vapor_Eyes can certainly see where your both coming from best of both worlds and I highly doubt I'll ever need another vape ever again after that lot (we always say this tho don't we VAS is such a pain :D).

Have you tried hash in the supreme @Melting Pot? You seem very clued up on this little beast. I've emailed supreme and will let you know what they come back with, hope they actually bother to get in touch.

I'm seeing the great points laid out, get a homegrown log for starters £99 all in ;) then see if I can acquire a S3 when they are back in stock, perhaps a log will be enough for me and I'll save some doh sorry can't help myself penny pinching :2c:.

lazylathe

Almost there...
@anasrzi

I have used pressed hash a few times in the Supreme 3.
I usually do a load of herb and crumble it slightly, aim for a slightly higher temp than the hash.
This is because i do not want to really taste the herb, only the hash.
I then load the hash on top of the ABV and heat up to hash temp, dependent on hash and flavor you are after.
Large clouds with great taste!
Last hash i had was some Cotton Candy and it was sublime!

I am also after a Sublimator one day... Just cannot justify the cost when a cheaper vape almost performs at the same level! And the 90 second heat up time really is nice! The Sub must take a while to heat up to operating temp but once there i imagine it is a beast as well!
For me, a few tubes in the Supreme and i am good! Sometimes only 1 will do the trick!

anasrzi

I'm glad it can work with hash @lazylathe i don't always use it but when it's there I like to toss a bit in to add that extra clout ;). I'll post up about getting a supreme if there is someone looking to sell instead of buying in new, can you see I'm still trying to save money haha.

I totally understand where your coming from with regard the Sublimator, it's a great vape very powerful but has so many drawbacks which you have to take into account price again being a very big issue, it's fucking expensive nothing else to say. Add to that the fact it needs 30 mins to heat and up and has a internal timer to keep pressing per hour (not a massive drawback but it's another potential issue to contend with).

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
@anasrizi

The S3 eats through hash/wax/etc like it's not even there.. Pretty much, anything you put in that chamber is going to get vaporized :rockon:

I agree that you should totally go for an S3 and a log.. If I had to pick 2 vapes, for me it would be a S3 and a log.. I personally prefer the S3 to the Sub, the performance is pretty comparable though IMO.

anasrzi

Think the sub is out of the running to much work and to much expense (yes it still boils down to money haha) shown the homegrown log and s3 to the better half she loves the log look so think I'm onto a winner there but the s3 fills her mind with danger because of the torch, heat given off by the heat sink etc. We don't have kids but have a dog and a carpet to think of, I get where she's coming from I suppose but hitting that thing would be epic :).

Aesthetics shouldn't come into it but I'm afraid it does to a point, I'd sooner have a plug in s3 but I'm not sure if they are available, thought ed was in the process of creating one that plugs into a wall and looks a bit more "normal"

lazylathe

Almost there...
but the s3 fills her mind with danger because of the torch, heat given off by the heat sink etc. We don't have kids but have a dog and a carpet to think of, I get where she's coming from I suppose but hitting that thing would be epic :).
"

You can make a FREE cardboard cover for the heat exchanger and slip it on after use.
This eliminates the danger of the hot heat exchanger being exposed.

All you do is cut out some thick cardboard in the shape of the S3 exchanger and use electrical tape to tape it all together. I use mine occasionally but do not see the need for it anymore.
Planning is always a factor for me when vaping.
Making sure glass is far on the table, hot parts are away from me etc... Forms into a habit very quickly!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I have never experimented with hashes in the sv3, but I have put my fair share of shatter on top of a stem.
Although in my opinion its not really necessary with quality flowers sv3 hits like a beast.
I don't think the torch is a big deal it heats up in 30 to 40 sec.
She's not pretty but wow on effects.
Also imo sv3 is very stable not very tippy

The Errlectric heats up in about 2 min & has a programmable timer mine is on about 12 hrs a day. Max setting 420 min
It depends on med stock wether it's the t1 of the herb nail. But always on.
Nano & underdog always on as well

Always wanted a sub ended up with the Errlectric couldn't be happier.
Good luck hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom