Styrene in Marijuanna

Troi

I randomly read this article today:

http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/a...can-cancer-societys-scary-new-report/19556272

Where the 1st blurb caught my attention:

========================================================
1. Styrene

Styrene, and its chemical compound colleague styrene-7,-8-oxide, threaten to be a stoner's worst nightmare. Although only weakly linked to cancer in humans, there's enough evidence in animal studies to earn the compounds a spot in the top 20.

Where will you find it? Cigarettes, marijuana and leeching into your midnight munchies via foam food packaging.

How can you avoid it? If you eat, this is one urine test you're doomed to fail. Styrene was detected in the urine of 87 percent of study participants during a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention trial last year.
========================================================

I am trying to find research on this that even supports this fact, and I'm having trouble. Also anyone agree that it is not even explained here how Marijuana poses a Styrene threat?

Troi,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Troi said:
I am trying to find research on this that even supports this fact, and I'm having trouble. Also anyone agree that it is not even explained here how Marijuana poses a Styrene threat?
I think they just put marijuana on that list to add to the propaganda, but I could be wrong.

Vicki,

lwien

The question that I have is, is Styrene found in vapor or edibles? I believe that most of these studies assume that marijuana is being smoked.

lwien,

hydrophilic

Damn n00bs. How can we expect people to do studies on bud when they don't even have any idea how it is consumed.

hydrophilic,
Top Bottom