Study: Alcohol 'most harmful drug,' followed by crack and heroin

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Funny, I was just reading a similar article in a local paper and thought of posting it. Unfortunately, in this one mj was mentioned as not as harmful, but it was lumped together with ecstasy and lsd. I'm looking for a day when it's not mentioned in the same catagory at all.

momofthegoons,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Cannabis is soooooo innocuous, they don't even mention it in the article.

I absolutely love that. It's about time they put some focus on dangerous drugs for once. Things I believe most of us here have known for quite some time. :)

Vicki,

2clicker

Observer
i thought tobacco/nicotine was the worst.

it kills more than all of the others... combined

2clicker,

rayski

2clicker said:

abolic ster

The chart in the study shows "drug-specific mortality" plus "drug-related mortality" for tobacco as being a little greater than crack, and less than for alcohol or heroine. But there are 16 components which make up the harmscore like harm to the environment and community.

Alcohol:72 Heroine:55 Crack:54 Cocaine:27 Tobacco:26 Cannabis:20 Anabolic steroids:10 Ecstasy:9 LSD:7 Mushrooms:6

rayski,

2clicker

Observer
rayski said:
2clicker said:

abolic ster

The chart in the study shows "drug-specific mortality" plus "drug-related mortality" for tobacco as being a little greater than crack, and less than for alcohol or heroine. But there are 16 components which make up the harmscore like harm to the environment and community.

Alcohol:72 Heroine:55 Crack:54 Cocaine:27 Tobacco:26 Cannabis:20 Anabolic steroids:10 Ecstasy:9 LSD:7 Mushrooms:6

i see

thanks!

2clicker,

danalee48

I read this article first thing this morning and I couldn't help but laugh in triumph. Being a university student I always get judged for cannabis use and for not going out and getting stupidly drunk. I always knew that I was doing the smart thing, and maybe other people will now know too.

danalee48,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
danalee48 said:
I read this article first thing this morning and I couldn't help but laugh in triumph. Being a university student I always get judged for cannabis use and for not going out and getting stupidly drunk. I always knew that I was doing the smart thing, and maybe other people will now know too.

You should print out a copy of this article and share it with those people that judge you. ;)

Vicki,

JSullivan

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone have a link to the study?

JSullivan,

Beezleb

Next week their will be another study that will say something else. Drop for drop I would say the hard drugs got that one but overall impact on society I would agree its alcohol. All a matter how you look at it.

Beezleb,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
JSullivan said:

Yeah, if you want to pay something like $20 to get it. :/

I tried to go to the source of the study, but it wanted cashola for that report.
It may surface somewhere. (Maybe) Ill keep looking

AGBeer,

OO

Technical Skeptical
danalee48 said:
i don't think it is very likely that this one article will be changing public opinion on a subject that has had much misinformation spread by the governing body of the area in which they live.

OO,

rayski

AGBeer said:
JSullivan said:

Yeah, if you want to pay something like $20 to get it. :/

I tried to go to the source of the study, but it wanted cashola for that report.
It may surface somewhere. (Maybe) Ill keep looking

I found the study at http://www.thelancet.com/. I got it free but had to register first. There was a link in the article but not anymore. Probably too much unwanted traffic.

rayski,
Top Bottom