strain taste varies with vaps............not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kifenehma3ak

extremeQist
when i used to smoke weed i used to taste the individuality of each strain i am buying, it was not extremely pronounced but there was a difference, when i started vaping, i could taste the weed better but the taste would not change from strain to strain its always the same. what do u guys think?? and if there is a way to extract as much flavor from the HERB...

kifenehma3ak,

gb902

Vaporog
At high temps, I feel the classic popcorn taste. At lower temps, I can feel a big difference between good and bas strains. Good strains taste sweet, bad quality weed tastes like mint and oregano (very bitter and unpleasant for me).
So I can't find a big difference between strains, if they are good.

gb902,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
there is a definite difference in taste between strains... it is just more subtle than it would be if you were to smoke them.

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I get what I call my tasty puffs early on in a session. The aromatics don't last but I find I love them so much more in vaping than I did in 25+ years of smoking them. I can easily distinguish the strains but I've been vaping a bit now. I would have to say that my best actual flavor (So far as I haven't gone to the clouds yet lol) has been from the Launch Box. Amazingly that little wooden box gives amazing flavor puffs to me at the start of a trench.

From reading the longtime vaporists I would say you might need that all glass experience for your palate. I was looking at the VHW for that but there are other choices like Verdamper. Now I'm waiting for the Xhale Cloud to take me away and that will also be a glass setup where the taste really shines.

Good luck :D

Lo,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
if you really want to taste the difference between the strains... do not let them dry all the way out.. Most of the flavor and the smells will be in the first few hits, after that... the intensity of the flavors will drop off dramatically

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh snap! Devo is spot one with that!!

I stopped drying my herb so much after finding that saved the flavor. I savor the flavor :D

Lo,

Plant

i have no problem tasting the difference with i use de stealth jr digital from vaporfection now . I think it's mainly the quality and the types of strains if i smoke something like sourdiesel or bubba kush or amnesia i deffinately taste a difference between the,m at lower temps i can even taste differences
between different phenos of the same strain they smell the same en when smoked taste the same but when vaped at a lower temp totally different .
and when i just got my vaporizer i tried some leaf waste material i normally use for hash or oil it smelled like dried grass but when i vaped it the taste was phenominal so even crappy shit can taste good
so my advise is if you have crap quality and u want the taste vape at lower temps and with high grade shit start at high temps an slowly lower to keep the taste

Plant,

Plant

and dried or not the taste is good if the grass is cured right imo

Plant,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
kifenehma3ak said:
when i used to smoke weed i used to taste the individuality of each strain i am buying, it was not extremely pronounced but there was a difference, when i started vaping, i could taste the weed better but the taste would not change from strain to strain its always the same. what do u guys think?? and if there is a way to extract as much flavor from the HERB...
Without knowing what vape you are using, I can't really say. I will tell you however that if you use the Extreme, and start at a low temperature you can *certainly* taste the difference between strains,

-Green CRack
-Kush
-Sour Diesel

I started these at a temperature of 140C, collecting a bag and the tastes are dramatically different.

Dunno how much experience you have with vapes (I'm limited to about 4 months), but you get more flavour (or can get more falvour) than from smoking.

Tom

tdavie,

wowthisisrandom

Glass/Vape Enthusiast
I'd say turn down ur temp a lot, and then grind your stuff, you'll find much more of an explosion of flavor when you first vape it. Other than that maybe you should find a all glass vape like was suggested, it'll give a cleaner taste

wowthisisrandom,

reece

I vaped for years and thought the same thing (as OP). First hit was quite flavorful but it was a generic vapor flavor, every strain tasted the same. I noticed a huge difference when I stopped drying the herb. It is a much more complete experience now. I can distinguish between strains and the flavor lasts longer. As long as you can get a good grind I don't see any advantage to drying. I take my herb straight from the freezer, grind it and vape it.

reece,

lwien

Why do you freeze it, reece? I've kept my bud in a dark place in airtight containers and they were just as strong almost a year later as the day I bought it.

lwien,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Man, from my first vape hit, i've always thought the total opposite of the OP. Herb of all sorts of quality tastes great and unique in my vapes. I actually have started getting from more sources just to have the different tastes and experiences from them. The flavor is so much more distinguished and appreciable when it's not smothered by that burnt taste of combustion.

I think the others who've said you're vaping at the wrong temp might be right. If you vape the herb too fast or unevenly you get that ABV taste (which is pretty similar throughout the strains) too early to really experience the flavor. The flavor is released at lower temps, usually even temps so low that you wont even get a visible exhale. It's all about finding the proper technique. Smoking is just fool proof and simple - set it on fire and puiff away. I'd try starting low and stirring often and slowly working your way higher.

Maybe you just need to find new sources with better variety?

steiner666,

reece

lwien said:
Why do you freeze it, reece? I've kept my bud in a dark place in airtight containers and they were just as strong almost a year later as the day I bought it.
I read a few places that it helps with kif collection, which I save for rainy days. I use airtight containers in the freezer. I also pinch a bit off the top of new bags and keep that unfrozen in a dark place in an airtight container and forget about it.

reece,

lwien

reece said:
lwien said:
I read a few places that it helps with kif collection, which I save for rainy days. I use airtight containers in the freezer. I also pinch a bit off the top of new bags and keep that unfrozen in a dark place in an airtight container and forget about it.
Ah, yes. It does help with kief collection.

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom