strain labeled B.H.... what is it?

2clicker

Observer
so recently my local dispensary got in a large batch of a strain labeled B.H., but they do not know what it stands for

does anyone have a clue?

ive looked through strain lists and have seen a few possibles, but not sure

something haze? banana haze?

anyway, just curious if anyone is aware of a strain being labeled B.H.

2clicker,

OC513

Dabaholic
recently in NYC there was some Blueberry Haze going around as well as a strain that was called Blue Headband which was a combo of Blue Cheese and Headband......smelled and tasted like cheese but was also a bit sweet......very strange.

OC513,

2clicker

Observer
OC513 said:
recently in NYC there was some Blueberry Haze going around as well as a strain that was called Blue Headband which was a combo of Blue Cheese and Headband......smelled and tasted like cheese but was also a bit sweet......very strange.

i just went to smell the 4gs ive got to see if i could pick any aromas out specifically and could not

here is a pic... the best i could do quickly on my iphone4
-6-1.jpg

2clicker,

OC513

Dabaholic
2clicker said:
OC513 said:

i just went to smell the 4gs ive got to see if i could pick any aromas out specifically and could not

-6-1.jpg

I no longer have either strain or I would take pics to compare for you. I am currently enjoying some Casey Jones. Gotta love the iPhone 4.......at least I love mine.

OC513,

max

Out to lunch
2clicker said:
OC513 said:

Sorry, but pics are aren't worth much for identifying a particular strain. If it's good, that's all that really matters.

max,

2clicker

Observer
max said:
2clicker said:
OC513 said:

Sorry, but pics are aren't worth much for identifying a particular strain. If it's good, that's all that really matters.

do you mean because the quality of the photo or the lighting or something?

some strains have a very distinct look to them and i would think a photo would be beneficial to the identifying of it... but only of course it was one of those distinct looking strains

obviously in this case it is not so i can see the pic not helping much

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Beezleb said:
Why is your dispensary giving you herb they do not know?

i live in STL

so im not exactly getting from an actual dispensary

thats just what i call them

they get packages with the strain name labeled on them... in this case it only said B.H.

the individual i deal with does not have access to the answer right now, but may or may not be looking into it

i was just curious

and for whats its worth its a nice heady high that lasts a good while

2clicker,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i don't see it being banana haze.
the banana flavor comes from banana oil, a terpene called isoamyl (isopentyl) acetate.
this terpene isn't produced by any strain of pot to my knowledge.

OO,

hereatlast

Aaah but the naming of marijuana strains hasn't been limited to the plant's natural chemicals or terpenes at all. I'm sure we've all heard of banana, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, etc. Wonder how many of those are even close?

As a sidenote: I just got some blueberry recently that smells so much like the real fruit, tastes divine. Got that stashed away (try my best to hide it from myself :lol: )

hereatlast,

max

Out to lunch
some strains have a very distinct look to them and i would think a photo would be beneficial to the identifying of it... but only of course it was one of those distinct looking strains
When you're looking at processed buds or nuggets like in your pic, it's much harder to ID a strain. Most strain pics are of plants before they're harvested. The two buds in your pic look no different than many purchases I've made-not distinctive at all. I've looked at buys I've made of various different strains, comparing several right in front of me, even with a magnifying glass, and the differences have been very minor in most cases. And even if you know for sure you've got a particular strain, if it hasn't been grown and processed properly, it can disappoint.

max,

2clicker

Observer
max said:
When you're looking at processed buds or nuggets like in your pic, it's much harder to ID a strain. Most strain pics are of plants before they're harvested. The two buds in your pic look no different than many purchases I've made-not distinctive at all. I've looked at buys I've made of various different strains, comparing several right in front of me, even with a magnifying glass, and the differences have been very minor in most cases. And even if you know for sure you've got a particular strain, if it hasn't been grown and processed properly, it can disappoint.

true indeed

good points

all in all the strain is good

2clicker,
Top Bottom