1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

strain allergy?

Discussion in 'Vaporizables' started by little maggie, Jan 6, 2017.

1. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I bought a new to me strain at a local dispensary and I've concluded that I must be allergic to it. The first time I had a reaction I thought I was just getting sick. But every time I've used this particular strain (only 3x) I end up with a headache which then spreads through my body so that end up hurting all over. It's not a muscle ache so much as a nerve ache.
    The most recent time I forgot that was the herb in my grinder until I started getting those symptoms.
    Has anyone heard of someone being allergic to only 1 strain?

CarolKing and Squiby like this.
  2. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

Perhaps a bug killing additive or plant food not properly purged?

DDave and Squiby like this.
  3. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I have a friend that has had headaches from certain bags of weed. He's not sure if it was the particular batch or the growing methods or the specific strain, as his herb is from the black market and who knows what you are getting.

I would take note of the strain and the genetics. If it's the strain, it would be as easy as avoiding it and the strains it comes from. If it is pesticides or the fertilizer for example, sticking to organically grown might be the solution.

Amoreena likes this.
  4. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Thanks. It is from a dispensary and is organic. I'm going to note the lineage of this strain and stay away from it. I just looked on leafly and although strawberry cough is a very popular strain where I live and it's used for pain, anxiety and stress but negative side effects can be headache and anxiety. I must be more sensitive to the negative aspects.

Squiby likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors