Storing decarbed buds

shredder

I started storing dry decarbed buds ground into powder and am storing in glass jars in the fridge for making weed capsules at some point. I already store rosin and feco, and made up capsules in the freezer with no obvious degrading of the thc.

Anyone doing long term storage of decarbed buds? How long? Any problems?

what-is-the-shelf-life-of-decarbed-weed

Last edited:
shredder,

vapeape77

I started storing dry decarbed buds ground into powder and am storing in glass jars in the fridge for making weed capsules at some point. I already store rosin and feco, and made up capsules in the freezer with no obvious degrading of the thc.

I kinda do the opposite with my abv that you are doing, I try to collect cbn converted from thc. I would say your thc is probably transforming to cbn in about 9 months in the fridge.

vapeape77,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I kinda do the opposite with my abv that you are doing, I try to collect cbn converted from thc. I would say your thc is probably transforming to cbn in about 9 months in the fridge.

I think and hope it lasts longer, as in years. But I'll see what happens.

It takes at least 9 months if not more to turn thca to thc.

I know freezing seems to slow the degradation and being dry should help.

shredder,

sickmanfraud

I make a lot of edibles. I decarb and store in the freezer. I have kept tinctures in the freezer for years. I have never kept debarbed bud in the freezer for over 6 months, but I have no reason to believe it could not be stored in the freezer for years.

For serious long-term storage, you may wish to buy a machine that seals bags and removes all the air. I would still store the sealed bags in glass jars in the FREEZER.

Last edited:
Top Bottom