Still getting vapor with an empty bowl, and do brass screens vaporize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee H. See

So I own a vapor brothers NON-hands free whip and the other day I tried something weird and got a result that I never expected. When there are greens in my bowl, i get a steady source of light tasty green vapor. But when my bowl is emptied, I get an even heavier source of vapor. Now, obviously there is gummed-up THC resins on my screen and probably some left over kief stuck in the screen so I understand that I would get some vapor from vaping the wand empty, but it just seems like I'm getting more vapor than I would if I had a packed bowl.

So this started to worry me... I have a brass screen in my bowl and I was wondering if part of the brass screen is vaporizing along with the gummed-up tHC and resin in my screen. When I exhale the cloud and I smell it, it smells like hash vapor, which is apparent since theres hash-like resins in the screen, but does anybody know if the brass screen could possibly be also vaporizing and adding to the clouds? I wouldn't really want to be inhaling vaporized brass :(

Tee H. See,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I wouldn't be worried. To me it sounds like your just vaping off any THC condensation that has accumulated in your whip.

DevoTheStrange,

vap999

Tee H. See said:
So this started to worry me... I have a brass screen in my bowl and I was wondering if part of the brass screen is vaporizing along with the gummed-up tHC and resin in my screen. When I exhale the cloud and I smell it, it smells like hash vapor, which is apparent since theres hash-like resins in the screen, but does anybody know if the brass screen could possibly be also vaporizing and adding to the clouds? I wouldn't really want to be inhaling vaporized brass :(
If for some reason, brass is your concern, you can always use stainless steel or copper screens.

Otherwise, applying a little common sense, brass screens have long been and continue to be used with pipes (combustion) and are still generally recognized as safe for this use. This is despite pipe-users repeatedly blasting their screens with matches/lighters/flames easily at least 800-1000?F higher than vaporizer temperatures, yet the brass and other metal screens do not melt or even deform, much less vaporize. Is there even any metal that vaporizes at vaporizer temperatures (which are just wimpy home oven baking temperatures, below plant material combustion temperature)? None, not even lead, would vaporize, as far a I am aware. This is one reason why, even if what you might consider funky materials are involved, vaporizing is safer with its way lower temperature, compared to much hotter combustion.

vap999,

RancidPain

This is very interesting. What is the difference between the screens? Is one safer than another?

RancidPain,

RancidPain

WOW...:o Thanks Iwien. I think that thread both informed me and confused me. :ko: I'm gonna stick with stainless steel only because it's used in cooking so why not vaping. This is my personal preference and not anything else.

RancidPain,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom