Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Texus

This is one brand I just haven't paid attention to as I've had zero interest in using butane. But with 420 sales and getting annoyed with batteries I looked into these and have a Junior (in cherry) on the way. Looking forward to it. Not concerned about the learning curve at all; can't be anymore difficult than getting the most out of my Davinci IQ2, Firefly 2+, and MFLB.

I was interested in one of the more exotic woods like Padauk or Canary but I know some woods can be irritants so I just went with cherry, which I have no issues with. Anyone have issues with any of the more exotic wood choices Stick Brick offers? I'm sure this won't be my first purchase so planning for the future.
You are in for a treat, tho there is a learning curve with these. Videos on torch technique were most helpful to me when I started out.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
You are in for a treat, tho there is a learning curve with these. Videos on torch technique were most helpful to me when I started out.

Absolutely .... many great tips and videos on this thread through the years concerning technique

@cpl5938 ... I found this one the most useful to me and I still do to this day ... haven't combusted since ...

Post in thread 'Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer'

https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/sticky-brick-labs-vaporizer.21661/post-1526748

NYC_Frank

Man, WakeAndVape was the best reviewer/instructor. He homed right in on the stuff you needed to know and could explain it with real concision and clarity. And he took giant frikkin hits.

Absolutely :spliff: ...

Rocky-Absolutely.jpg

Texus

Boy, these recent posts led me to pull out the Sticky Jr tonight. And boy it clearly had been too long since I spaced on plugging the bottom hole.

Speaking of which, where do folks fall on keeping that plugged vs feathering it, etc? I did come across about 5 SBL corks while cleaning up today...

cpl5938

I haven't even received my first Sticky Brick, the Junior, and I'm already thinking about the next one. I like the idea of the Maxx only because I like that you can close it up, so to speak, like the Junior. But I mean it looks huge. I'm thinking the most logical next one to try would be the Runt.

coolbreeze

I haven't even received my first Sticky Brick, the Junior, and I'm already thinking about the next one. I like the idea of the Maxx only because I like that you can close it up, so to speak, like the Junior. But I mean it looks huge. I'm thinking the most logical next one to try would be the Runt.
The Maxx is sort of a platform for whipped glass, hydrotubes, ice chambers, whips, mouthpieces. Great with a Prrl Neo (I hear), Hot Rod or other 18mm injector. It is wider than the OG but smaller in the other dimensions. It's an awesome device and something you can build around. I wouldn't consider it a handheld, but you could use it like the OG (hand held) with the included mouthpiece. You've got one compact already; I'd go large and build in from the extremes (assuming this fits your use style, of course)!

Edit: The regular Hydrobrick functions just the same, of course, but without the built-in storage.

Last edited:

cpl5938

The Maxx is sort of a platform for whipped glass, hydrotubes, ice chambers, whips, mouthpieces. Great with a Prrl Neo (I hear), Hot Rod or other 18mm injector. It is wider than the OG but smaller in the other dimensions. It's an awesome device and something you can build around. I wouldn't consider it a handheld, but you could use it like the OG (hand held) with the included mouthpiece. You've got one compact already; I'd go large and build in from the extremes (assuming this fits your use style, of course)!

Edit: The regular Hydrobrick functions just the same, of course, but without the built-in storage.
Good points. I don't do glass, water etc. It's more that it has a top (sort of); but yeah not sure if it's the way to go in the absence of glass.

cpl5938

Well I went in a weird direction and bought another Junior, this time in Padauk. I also bought a Runt stem to use with it when I can. I like the form factor of the Junior, in particular, the lid. I need the stealthiness for storage, even in the house. Took advantage of the 420 sales to get extra glass pieces, o-rings, etc. just in case stuff breaks. I can also mix and match the woods between the 2 Juniors. I figure in the next round of sales I'll go for the Runt or OG.

GoldenBud

Well I went in a weird direction and bought another Junior, this time in Padauk. I also bought a Runt stem to use with it when I can. I like the form factor of the Junior, in particular, the lid. I need the stealthiness for storage, even in the house. Took advantage of the 420 sales to get extra glass pieces, o-rings, etc. just in case stuff breaks. I can also mix and match the woods between the 2 Juniors.
how about screens? and I wonder tho about how good it would be a SBL device with a glass screen... the taste would be amazing even more
the Junior with Runt MP is a great idea... when needed portable, when needed it as desktop it can be like a Runt...

GoldenBud,

cpl5938

how about screens? and I wonder tho about how good it would be a SBL device with a glass screen... the taste would be amazing even more
the Junior with Runt MP is a great idea... when needed portable, when needed it as desktop it can be like a Runt...
I got a box of 200 screens from Amazon for $5.99.

NYC_Frank

I got a box of 200 screens from Amazon for $5.99.
I've been using these basket screens with my Junior ...

They drop in perfectly and help to keep things a hell of a lot cleaner ... you still use the regular junior screen underneath the basket but it won't get as gunked up requiring replacement as quick. Also the baskets are easy to clean ... haven't had to trash one yet. The basket probably holds a little less flower than you could vape in the Jr. Bowl but still seems to hit just fine to me.

Screenshot-20220414-154303-Chrome.jpg

cpl5938

I've been using these basket screens with my Junior ...

They drop in perfectly and help to keep things a hell of a lot cleaner ... you still use the regular junior screen underneath the basket but it won't get as gunked up requiring replacement as quick. Also the baskets are easy to clean ... haven't had to trash one yet. The basket probably holds a little less flower than you could vape in the Jr. Bowl but still seems to hit just fine to me.

Screenshot-20220414-154303-Chrome.jpg
Great tip, thanks!

cpl5938

The cherry Junior arrived yesterday. I have a Padauk Junior coming next week and will post a pic of both. It's going to take a bit to get the hang of this but I'm on my way. I've a few bowls already to work on technique but that's way more than I typically do. I discovered after the first bowl that the flame was probably too low so I moved it to the midpoint and that helped. A lot of wispy hits but I've gotten some substantial ones too. What seems to work best is to start with just the tip of the outer flame in the intake and as I feel the air getting warmer move it back out. I'm not really feeling hits much as they go in but still getting clouds so it's really smooth. I did combust once that was not fun at all. Took another bowl for the charred smell to dissipate.

I see what people mean about it being a little harder to work with the Junior. It's hard to see and get the flame in the right place. I've already scorched the toothpick! I move the intake about 45 degrees, which helps. For some reason moving the intake to the left rather than the right makes it easier for me. I'm also hitting in front of a mirror for now to see what I'm doing. It will be interesting to try the Junior out with a Runt mouthpiece but I'm fine with the smoothness of the vapor and have no issue with the stock mouthpiece. I debated another Junior vs a Runt but glad I went in this direction.

Another things I've noticed is that this vape gives me truer effects of a particular strain. What I mean is that with all my other vapes (Davinici IQ, MFLB, FF 2+), I don't really notice the effects of one strain over another and the effects are really similar. With the Junior, I'm definitely noticing a difference between sativa and indica strains.

Even when the Padauk one arrives I'm not going to use that one until I have my technique down, so I'll keep using the cherry one for the time being. I want to get to the point where I can use this like I use all my vapes; a hit or two and then put it down until I'm ready again.

NYC_Frank

I see what people mean about it being a little harder to work with the Junior. It's hard to see and get the flame in the right place. I've already scorched the toothpick! I move the intake about 45 degrees, which helps. For some reason moving the intake to the left rather than the right makes it easier for me. I'm also hitting in front of a mirror for now to see what I'm doing. It will be interesting to try the Junior out with a Runt mouthpiece but I'm fine with the smoothness of the vapor and have no issue with the stock mouthpiece. I debated another Junior vs a Runt but glad I went in this direction
Yeah ... felt real clumsy for me at first too. You'll get there.... all feel ...

I go with a 90 degree intake and the longer end of the mp to draw from. I also don't point the torch into the intake but instead across it angled into the inner lip of the other side ... be careful

I stopped trying to see the vapor through the Jr mouthpiece and instead rely on the feel of the warmth begin in the throat... thats the trigger to reduce the heat by pulling the flame back a bit to that vapor generating sweet spot ... and yes ... strong consistent torch flame 🔥

Top Bottom