1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Brick Labs Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Justpassedu, May 25, 2016.

1. WirtDog

WirtDog Well-Known Member

Hi @paehtod ...I appreciate your tip and I will get some of those screens and try them. Believe me, I try to clean these screens but in practice material gets on the other side of the screen and there is no way to clean it. No way to burn it off either. The screen is critical to function of the vape. I'd like to see them use a small thin metal ring to serve as a stop and foundation for the screen and have the diameter of the hole in the wood block better match the screen diameter. Those two minor tweaks would make it much easier to change screens. I am a believer in the basic design of the OG! It is very hard to beat...

2. Kozzmozz

Kozzmozz Infinite realities, infinite possibilities

I use a curved pincet. The narrow design together with the curve make that I can push the screen up from below through the carb with my JR. Very easy once you have a tool to help you, might be something to look into.

Dattisso and Vapeur Rogue like this.
  3. WirtDog

WirtDog Well-Known Member

Good idea and would work better than what I have been doing. I have a Pax 2 with after market thicker metal screen. It easily goes into place after cleaning and drops out easily when emptying. Something like that for the SB OG would be a big improvement. Just would make basic ease of use better and efficiency as well. I am still of the opinion that anyone with grooved butane torch skills and a SB OG would be hard to beat on impact of hits and efficiency vs. all vape comers competition. Very tough to beat!!

IMHO, Sticky Brick is a very solid and effective design for a primarily home unit. Just a couple tweaks would make it killer!!

Kozzmozz likes this.
  4. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Does no one here own a pair of scissors?
    If a screen is too tight, you trim it a bit so it isn't anymore.

Scissors would be a good investment. Makes screen size a non-issue.

5. Whissmu

Whissmu Well-Known Member

The more time I have it, the more fun I have with the :luv::love::luv:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ohmygodimsohigh

ohmygodimsohigh Well-Known Member

I made a review video where I cover (and demonstrate) ALL SIX of the bricks!

Click to play YouTube Video

I also put together a Sticky Brick User Guide

Sawyer, Papi, 6079Smith and 12 others like this.
  7. Dattisso

Dattisso It's all about the flavor!

Now that was fun to watch! Very very pleasant!!! :lol:
    Thank you Troy for this review/six short reviews!
    Also this time it was a big LOL!!! :rofl:
    But... Must say: Don't try this at home...! :ko::freak:

8. Battleship Cuthbert

Battleship Cuthbert Member

Did 2 bowls through my Maxx with you for support

9. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Great review.

Edit: Corrections, great reviewS.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Dattisso and Vapeur Rogue like this.
  10. 204Markie

204Markie Well-Known Member

Hello, I'll be quite new to the sticky brick family! I'll be getting the hydroMaxx, the one thing I wonder is should I get the black glass mouthpiece or the original glass mouthpiece? The difference is less than $4. So the price isnt an issue.

As always 420 in the 204

Vapeur Rogue likes this.
  11. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

they function the same so go with whichever you like the look of more. Only advantage the clear mp offers is the ability to observe the vapor which may be a big benefit if you are new

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    Whissmu likes this.
  12. 204Markie

204Markie Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I do worry a bit about not seeing the vapor. Though I never see the vapor on any of my other vapes unless I use a j hook or water. I think the black will be cooler and wont get all icky looking with use even though I often clean glass. I'll also get a hydrotube! Thanks again.

almost there likes this.
  13. cpk

cpk Brother of the Leaf

I think it would be best to get the clear as you can see the vapor quite a bit. I don't know if the aftermarket glass is as good as the oem. I picked up a black bent stem and it isn't quite as nice and is a little loose with the gasket but still functions. Pickup the black glass and use them for backup and something nice to look at. Good luck with your SBL.

Whissmu, Dattisso, paehtod and 2 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors