state your foods

sour

Iwien your right on serving size being the main culprit, if you halve a burrito with a friend it's not so bad.

this evening's offerings

baked chicken (with shake n bake crumbs)
steamed asparagus (little butter, little seasoned salt)
romaine salad with fresh spinach and 1 chopped egg mixed in(raspberry vinaigrette)
hot green tea

after thoughts:
first time making shake n bake since grandma used to make it, still delicious to me. Still not 100% liking the vinaigrette I bought, it's very sweet and I expected more of a tart flavor. Kinda hard to get used to.
The above preparation of asparagus is DELICIOUS, as recommended today from my friend. Will do again.
Still amazed that I'm cooking for myself, I'm not very experienced but I usually enjoy what I make for myself.
Getting used to smaller portions, stopping when not hungry anymore rather than stuffed.
Amazed at how natural it feels to drink hot tea with my dinner rather than a cold more often than not sugary beverage.

supper was a success!

EDIT: Holy smokes Vtac that food looks ammmmaaazzzing.. I'm aspiring to get on your level! Man that bread looks like a slice of heaven, and that pie, and sandvich all winners!

sour,

ethon123

Da Buddha
I love high quality food when I'm not high but while I'm high all i ever eat is taco bell :( its soo gross while I'm sober but the second i get high all i want is taco bell.

ethon123,

sour

ethon123 said:
I love high quality food when I'm not high but while I'm high all i ever eat is taco bell :( its soo gross while I'm sober but the second i get high all i want is taco bell.
LOL I can definately relate to that!!! or del taco, nasty until your stoned then it's right on point.

sour,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Man Vtac!! Nice photos, what time's dinner normally ready?? I'll be there w/ bells on :D lol

Lo,
Vtac - Your ciabatta bread looks like mine, awesome. I found a recipe at LifeHack that only takes about 1-2 minutes of prep and comes out perfectly every time http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifehack/kitchen-hack-one-minute-ciabatta-bread.html. The other breads are bread machine-shaped so I am betting you love that. I have the Breadman which makes conventional-shaped loaves but they are too big for just me and the missus so I tend to do it by hand lately.

Sour - Instead of Shake n Bake (or Oven Fry) I have found that the good stuff (Panko) is actually more cost-effective than either of the others. Use the plain ones and add your own herbs or flavoring (ranch dressing mix is good) then coat your meat and cook. Fan-damn-tastic!

Howie Feltersnatch,

ethon123

Da Buddha
sour said:
ethon123 said:
LOL I can definately relate to that!!! or del taco, nasty until your stoned then it's right on point.
Yeah, like looking at Vtacs food my mouth is watering now that I'm not high but when I'm high i just want to eat crap.. i do that to my mom a lot, she will make a REALLY nice meal and spend hours on it and i just kinda nibble on it then go and get taco bell she gets pissed haha thats the only reason she doesn't like me getting high because i don't eat her food.

And Vtac DAMN that looks good, wish i could cook

ethon123,

NathanBlades

sour said:
ethon123 said:
LMAO I d the same I'm a good cook and can make almost anything. But when I'm stoned I eat all sorts of stuff I wont eat normally:D I wonder why that is?

Don't even get me started about cooking stoned some wierd things get made :lol: Good but wierd.

NathanBlades,

sour

Howie Feltersnatch said:
Sour - Instead of Shake n Bake (or Oven Fry) I have found that the good stuff (Panko) is actually more cost-effective than either of the others. Use the plain ones and add your own herbs or flavoring (ranch dressing mix is good) then coat your meat and cook. Fan-damn-tastic!
I've heard of Panko bread crumbs before, i'll have to try those next, and being cheaper is always better too lol... thanks!

sour,

sour

tonight I had baked salmon with lemon & herb
baked potato pieces cooked with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
asparagus seasoned with butter and a little seasoned salt

small portions but tastey. After I vaped I ate a sliced apple, then cheated and had 3 oreos.
damn the munchies!

AH darn it, I didn't realize I was the last one to post from a couple days ago... apologies I didn't mean to bump the thread like that.

sour,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
SkeletonLips said:
Damn, Vtac, looks scrumdidlyumptious. What's that sandvich of yours composed of?
Was a long time ago but from the looks of it, turkey, roast beef, lettuce, tomato, bacon, banana peppers, mayo, and special herbs.

lwien said:
That all looks good, vtac, but that beef pot pie looks a little too.........um..........shall I say..............shiny?
That's the flash, I'm no photographer. I do remember that being some very choice beef though. Very tasty with the homemade pastry.

Regarding bread crumbs and panko. If you have some good flavorful bread that's a few days old, chop it up into cubes and allow to dry overnight then toast them in the oven and throw in a blender, leave some big pieces. Far superior to the store bought stuff- so much flavor.

Thanks for all the nice comments, it's really stuff that anyone can do though. Just follow the recipes.

img4129w.jpg

Pot roast with sourcream gravy.

img4100v.jpg

Salmon steak with brandied carrots

img4095w.jpg

Breaded chicken breast fillet with fresh steamed spinach. (Using breadcrumbs mentioned above. Just dredge the filets in salted/pepper/flour, dip in egg and coat with breadcrumbs/Parmesan.)

img4093b.jpg

Arctic char shrimp-Meuniere and broccoli with Gruyere cheese sauce

img4034j.jpg

Pork shoulder chops with white wine-mushroom cream sauce

img3947f.jpg

img3950bf.jpg

Strip loin with mushroom-sherry sauce

img4265pl.jpg

Pizza with dry Italian sausage and dry cured double smoked bacon

img3993n.jpg

Shrimp Creole

img4258h.jpg

img4264m.jpg

vtac,

Lil Dragonfly

vapor fetishist
Gonna pig out on ice cream later...very bad girl!!!

(The sugar keeps me awake during valerian trips)

Lil Dragonfly,

Cappella Sistina

I woke up kinda late today, so no breakfast. I diid however head over to the beach and had a blackened grouper sandwhich, fruit and salad.

The margarita's were tasty also.

Cappella Sistina,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey Vtac.... What time's dinner :D Man, your dishes look divine!!

Lo,

TheVaporDaddy

get a cup put about 2-4 tablespoons of water in there crack an egg in there cover it with plastic wrap( oh yeah i forgot to mension poke the yolk with a toothpick before cooking to prevent it from exploding in the microwave ) microwave from 20 seconds to a minuite experiment with diferent times and different amounts of water . and to be honest this is the BEST thing i have eaten out of the microwave this also goes great on toast please share other simple recipies

TheVaporDaddy,
Top Bottom