Starting a Vaporizer Company - Name the company and get a free vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple-Days

Yes, indeed. :) And at molecular levels at > boiling temps there may be little difference between the two. We are showing our geekiness. :D

Purple-Days,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Sublimation is a phase transition process that can occur for a compound at temperatures/pressures below its phase triple point (please refer to any typical phase diagram). Some compounds sublime at high temperatures and low pressure thats low enough to enable the molecules to come off the solid state.

Some compounds sublime at low temps (ice/snow, i.e. - freeze drying), some at standard temp/presuure (CO2), some with gentle heating (Iodine), and some at higher temps (arsenic/carbon based compounds, [THCs] ).

As we heat our bud in a vapourizer, the partial vacuum (or lower pressure) created in the bowl by either drawing via the whip or forcing air via a a pump can provide the conditions necessary for sublimation to occur, imo.

nicelytoasted,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Vaporstartup said:
I am in the final stages of completing the prototypes for a next generation vaporizer. The only thing that is missing is a great name for the company. I would like to get feedback from all the experienced vaporists in this forum on a potential name for the company. The winner will get a free vaporizer and all the goodies that come along with it. Let your imagination run wild and let me know what you guys come up with!

Thank you very much!
"Happy Trails"

jeffp,

rayski

When you take a draw from a vape there are changes in air pressure. Couldn't this change the sublimation and boiling points. Would it lower both the same? No difference? I say not enough to matter.
Still trying to figure-out what the heck decarboxylation is, then you guys start with the sublimation/phase diagram stuff, so I just wanted to throw in another variable.
Seriously though, you could probably vape things that would normally combust if you could lower the herb chamber pressure. Do any vaporizers do this?

rayski,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
Rayski:

Decarboxylation is the process of removing a carbon-oxygen-hydrogen group (COOH) from a compound, usually in the form of carbon dioxide (CO2) and water. This can be accomplished through heating or enzymes.

In the case of our favourite herb, it naturally contains ?9-Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid which must be heated to decarboxylate it to its psychoactive compound ?9-Tetrahydrocannabinol.

Luckily, the bond is fairly weak and decarboxylizing is accomplished at ~ 100C.

nicelytoasted,

rayski

nicelytoasted said:
Rayski:

Decarboxylation is the process of removing a carbon-oxygen-hydrogen group (COOH) from a compound, usually in the form of carbon dioxide (CO2) and water. This can be accomplished through heating or enzymes.

In the case of our favourite herb, it naturally contains ?9-Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid which must be heated to decarboxylate it to its psychoactive compound ?9-Tetrahydrocannabinol.

Luckily, the bond is fairly weak and decarboxylizing is accomplished at ~ 100C.
It sounds like something you go away to do. Thanks for the helpful explanation.

rayski,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
why do you think we call him scientist in chat? :lol:

company names:

Thoughtpoint vaporizers (company name...just like the 7th Floor is with the SSV/Da Buddha)
Tru-tech
Tekworks (might want to play with different letters) :shrug:
Agiva

vape names:

Genix
Brightlinks
Flashsphere vaporizer <------- My personal favorite! it might have to be with flash technology tho :brow:
Digiware
Buzzpad

:2c:

Hennessy1414,

rayski

Nicelytoasted, One more question: Is decarboxylation causing the color change or is it just oxidation or something like that.

rayski,

marcuss

above the clouds
Vapor farm for the company....good for your community style!

Nebulator for the vape itself...actually it is my nick at MJ.com forum but you can use it as you like....or the more italico Nuvolator if you prefer...Fog King also!

marcuss,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Vaporstartup said:
I am in the final stages of completing the prototypes for a next generation vaporizer. The only thing that is missing is a great name for the company. I would like to get feedback from all the experienced vaporists in this forum on a potential name for the company. The winner will get a free vaporizer and all the goodies that come along with it. Let your imagination run wild and let me know what you guys come up with!

Thank you very much!
The Szarfark

jeffp,

purplechango

Aire Nuevo (new air in spanish pronounced eye-reh new-eh-vo)

Respire (breathe in spanish pronounced Reh-spee-reh) <--dont hold that "spee" too lon, makes it sound stoopid

for now.....

purplechango,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
rayski said:
Nicelytoasted, One more question: Is decarboxylation causing the color change or is it just oxidation or something like that.
The colour change (green to brown) is the result of applying heat, which thermally oxidizes the herb, including its' pigments (ie - chlorophyll). As we increase the air temperature, the degree of oxidation and degradation of the plant increases.

nicelytoasted,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I liked delta 9, too bad its already taken

Monkey Vapes (i'm aware there is a company called ApeVape)

stonemonkey55,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom