Stand for stems 'n' stuff: looking for a (custom) storage solution

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I bought the following stand from aliexpress a while ago:

This thing is incredibly useful and is perfect for easy storage of stems, bangers, WPA's and whatnot:

The black insert is made of silicone, can be removed from the white shell and is therefore easy to clean under running water.

My problem is that this white plastic shell makes it really ugly and so I don't like having it on my wooden table. However, it would be very convenient to have just such a solution on the table, for example to place your stem on after a session with the TM2 - it just has to look nicer than that plastic thing.

Does anyone have any idea where I could buy such a stand with something like that silicone insert, but in a nice design (for example, something like the design of the wooden DV stashes, just bigger), preferably made of wood? Or is there someone in the community who could make me a custom wooden shell for that silicone insert (note: I'm based in the EU)? I'm just imagining that the wooden shell could be made even bigger and, for example, have indentations for a Vapman and a TM2 as well as some strong magnets for some DVs and the upcoming Tempest.

I really, really need a nice stand! I have SAS! Stand Acquistion Syndrome! Not funny at all, I can tell you that.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

cannasoor

There are a lot of people on Etsy who make things like this, usually with drilled holes of specific sizes rather than the black rubber insert.

But I may have seen something more like this, with the rubber, somewhere on there … <searches> … . Hmm, I tried searching under "vaping stem stand" and found a few things, but not what I remembered. (When I tried "vape stem stand", it insisted on changing "vape" to "vase" :lol: .)

Well, there are a lot of crafters on Etsy who cater to dab and vape enthusiasts, and there might be someone who uses those liners … but I bet that there are a few who would be happy to work with you to craft something from wood to fit the liner, as a replacement for the white "shell" it came with.

Hmm, having some luck also with searches: "vape box", "wooden vape box" and "wood stand" ( <== those are links). The "box" searches aren't quite "on the nose", but they can lead to makers who make vape organizers and accessories.

OK, finally: this shop ("CooCoShop") makes a lot of very nice-looking stash boxes, many with holes for stems. I bet they could make something for you, possibly with a few more features. Also try "wood stash box" for similar results of varying styles.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with! (If you get someone from Etsy to work with you, I might be interested in something similar.)

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
There are a lot of people on Etsy who make things like this, usually with drilled holes of specific sizes rather than the black rubber insert.

But I may have seen something more like this, with the rubber, somewhere on there … <searches> … . Hmm, I tried searching under "vaping stem stand" and found a few things, but not what I remembered. (When I tried "vape stem stand", it insisted on changing "vape" to "vase" :lol: .)

Well, there are a lot of crafters on Etsy who cater to dab and vape enthusiasts, and there might be someone who uses those liners … but I bet that there are a few who would be happy to work with you to craft something from wood to fit the liner, as a replacement for the white "shell" it came with.

Hmm, having some luck also with searches: "vape box", "wooden vape box" and "wood stand" ( <== those are links). The "box" searches aren't quite "on the nose", but they can lead to makers who make vape organizers and accessories.

OK, finally: this shop ("CooCoShop") makes a lot of very nice-looking stash boxes, many with holes for stems. I bet they could make something for you, possibly with a few more features. Also try "wood stash box" for similar results of varying styles.

Good luck, and let us know what you end up with! (If you get someone from Etsy to work with you, I might be interested in something similar.)

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback! :tup:

I have already looked on Etsy and used the search terms you suggested. Since I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, I asked the question here.

However, I didn't know about this CooCoShop, which looks very promising. I also didn't know that you can write to the suppliers on Etsy for custom work - I'll be happy to try that out, thanks for the tip! :clap:

If I find someone who can make me something nice, I'll be happy to give a feedback here.

Last edited:

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
You can also try your luck finding a local wood crafter...
You're totally right, it would really be nice to support a local artisan. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone here in Switzerland who would do that (although there is a lot of craftsmanship here and I'm sure there is someone out there). So if anyone knows a wood artisan from Switzerland, I would be enormously grateful for a tip.

@doug@futo makes wooden stands of various types though none with a rubber insert

I just had a quick look but already see they have very nice stuff! :love:Thanks a lot, I'll check it out.

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
So I ended up buying a wooden stand with 18mm holes from Futo (https://www.etsy.com/listing/863029305/futo-schusselstander-bocote-halt-x4-18) and a metal stand from ScruffyWoofers (https://www.etsy.com/listing/1443200585/dreifacher-kuhlstander-fur-dynavap-dani).

This is not the custom solution I was looking for, but I am now very satisfied and happy with the setup. The free port in the metal stand will hopefully be filled with a Tempest at the end of March. Thank you all for the helpful tips here in the thread - you've helped me a lot.

cannasoor

So I ended up buying a wooden stand with 18mm holes from Futo (https://www.etsy.com/listing/863029305/futo-schusselstander-bocote-halt-x4-18) and a metal stand from ScruffyWoofers (https://www.etsy.com/listing/1443200585/dreifacher-kuhlstander-fur-dynavap-dani).

This is not the custom solution I was looking for, but I am now very satisfied and happy with the setup. The free port in the metal stand will hopefully be filled with a Tempest at the end of March. Thank you all for the helpful tips here in the thread - you've helped me a lot.

Great looking kit! Glad you found stuff to your liking!

I believe all you have left to do now is abide ;) !

vapefritz

Good keywords to find stuff like this on ali etc is "test tube holder". You will find stuff like this:
Sb8ffe4b6df484626a40c5bb886a75b99y.webp

d0e1b515-2eef-45a3-a051-fea0f10e71e7.jpg

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
I commissioned a stand from HeadyBlokCreations (Etsy). I needed a solution for storing stems, accessories, and the MH Reload, so I had very specific ideas about the size of the holes and their arrangement. I made a drawing for the implementation, could choose the wood and inlay (the color was specially ordered for me), and Zack beautifully implemented everything according to my specifications:

I am truly very happy with the stand and can definitely recommend HeadyBlokCreations! :tup:

Top Bottom