SSV manufacturing differences ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

180heelflip

This is my first post to FC, and I have found this site very helpful regarding vape knowledge. I am interested in getting a SSV because of its clean air/vap path. I have an extreme q (mostly whip elbow pack) and am a bit weary about the air path passing by circuitry and even some wiring in the heating element...... I like how the SSV has the air intake hole above all the electronics for untainted hot air. I don't want to be overly paranoid :uhoh: but this seems to be a nice feature of the SSV. I vape because i want my medicinal use to be as healthy as possible and don't wanna chance inhaling anything weird since my lungs are super sensitive...... I liked how the SSV was built in the USA, but after reading the forum threads, i have found they are mostly made of foreign parts and only the final touches are done here. I also read on a thread that a guy from 7th floor said their heating element for the SSV was imported, but NOT made in china. Anyone have any info on this or remember reading this too??

ANYWAY :lol:

I went to my local head shop and they had a selection of 5 nice looking SSVs. I noticed they all had a sticker on the chord that said something like "made with foriegn and domestic parts, tested and finalized in USA. Not sure the exact lingo, but something like that. I then noticed they had one with no sticker on the chord and I flipped it over and on the bottom their was a sticker that said " designed and built in the USA." This was also the only one in a red case, while the rest where in hemp colored case. The guy at the shop said they came in all together from his distributor, but thought it could have been an older one due to the sticker........ I know this is just a sticker and the 7th could be using up their old stickers too, but was excited to think this also could be an all USA SSV (if they existed at one point?? did they??)

Does anyone know when they switched production on the SSV to using foreign parts and do you think this unit could possibly be an older " all USA" unit? If so, are their any reasons why the newer units are better (any revised features or diff heating element??? ) I would LOVE an all USA unit, since for some reason it seams more reassuring that it is safe to use. I am sure the import ones are safe too because of the great design and would buy one if their was a better reason to like a newer design or element.

Can anyone chime in if you have any info or thoughts........ Also, what sticker is on your SSV and how long have you had it ???? Has anyone got an SSV recently with the sticker on the bottom ?

180heelflip,

max

Out to lunch
I would LOVE an all USA unit, since for some reason it seams more reassuring that it is safe to use.

"SSV DBV and LSV components are produced in China, they are manufactured to exacting standards that we have set forth, the factory only produces the parts for our vaporizers, we have been to the factory in china, are in close communications with the ownership of the factory, and know definitively that the staff are treated fairly, and compensated above what is comparable for the district they operate in. Our heating elements are not produced in china, but for trade secret purposes I am not able to disclose the country of origin. The DBV unit was assembled in the United States, until the time when demand was outpacing what production could handle, at which point we contacted the factory we work with in China to alleviate the work load on our employees. As we receive a Da Buddha currently it is assembled minus the glass components, testing and final packaging. The glass for all units are still made by hand in Colorado Springs, CO. The obvious next question why did we move to China, with the Da Buddha? It just made sense, the original design idea for the Da Buddha was to beat someone else to knocking off the SSV."

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3935&p=2

If you still have questions in this area, ask in that thread. My advice, don't worry about SSV quality. It's high level, just as it's always been, to my knowledge. You're more likely to have a problem with the hand blown wand (made in Colorado Springs) being a correct fit for the 5/8" screen, than any parts made in China.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom