SSV Ceramic Heater touching glass cover?

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
I've noticed that the heating element on the SSV is slightly pressed up on the glass cover.
Is this alright?
I've also noticed that the ceramic rod is SLIGHTLY wobbly, it doesn't move around, but when I touch it, it's pretty easy to move.

Shipwreck,

Nycdeisel

this again? :lol:

The ceramic element on my DBV is a bit wobbly as well, no worries, that seems to be quite normal.

It shouldnt be touching the glass. Pushing it down that low could also make it hard to remove/adjust in the future.

Nycdeisel,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
How do I pull it up?
Do I pull it from the bottom metal part or do I physically grab the rod?

Right now the tip of the rod is as tall as the bottom hole of the air path exit.

Shipwreck,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
Nycdeisel said:
:uhoh:

Pull up the HEATER COVER, so its not touching the ceramic!

I'll get a picture up but I've done that.
I push the heater cover down to the screws but the ceramic is still touching.

Shipwreck,

Nycdeisel

Dont push the heater cover down so much? I dont know what to tell you....

Nycdeisel,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
You could also pull off the glass heater cover and gently push the ceramic rod or heating element in a little. I pulled mine out a little further to get a bit more heat out of it when I just got it.

edit: I should read before I type.

OhTheAgony,

Shipwreck

SSV Fanatic
It WAS like this but I pulled the heating element up a bit to make it look like Tokin's.
I was scared I would have hurt the rod but it looks like it's fine.

Looked like this:
IMAG0288.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0289.jpg

After I pulled it up:
IMAG0293.jpg

It's pretty centered with the bottom hole.

Shipwreck,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Or when the SSV is unplugged and cold, push the heater back in the middle, through the bottom airpath hole, with a thin tool (stirring tool for example).
I've done that once (my heater was heading west), never touched the HC, and the heater has not moved again ever since...

FLskwat,
Top Bottom