Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mucsusn

60 going on 20
I have 2 evic duals I'm looking to pair with a Z... To say the rxg performed better, is not to say the VTC Dual performed bad? Don't want to purchase any more mods right now
I’m sure the duals will be fine, as they seem to do well with the tubo evic. I have 6 different mods, ranging from a watts only to a dna 200. I use watts only, so your duals will do that as a minimum.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I have 2 evic duals I'm looking to pair with a Z... To say the rxg performed better, is not to say the VTC Dual performed bad? Don't want to purchase any more mods right now
My VTC Dual was used with a Tubo X, which is sold, and has the funkyjunk firmware. I'll try a Z on it again and see how I manage.

@mucsusn is surely right that you have what you need: Ryan uses a VTC Dual or Mini more than any mod I've seen him use.

bossman,
Reactions: Summer

Chandler

@bossman I'm guessing 'Ryan' is the creator. Maybe?

I was just trying to upload myevic firmware to my VTC Dual, but the link was dead. That's the same firmware on my wismec that came with G43.. But perhaps I should use tubo evic?? Is tubo evic the Reccomended choice for Z's?

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@bossman I'm guessing 'Ryan' is the creator. Maybe?

I was just trying to upload myevic firmware to my VTC Dual, but the link was dead. That's the same firmware on my wismec that came with G43.. But perhaps I should use tubo evic?? Is tubo evic the Reccomended choice for Z's?
Yeah, folks like the Tubo firmware, which is what I meant when I said funkyjunk, because it allows autofire or "cruise" mode where you can keep it firing without holding the button down. Arctic Fox does that now too, which is handy for rxg3d owners and whoever else is compatible.

GoldenBud

Yeah, folks like the Tubo firmware, which is what I meant when I said funkyjunk, because it allows autofire or "cruise" mode where you can keep it firing without holding the button down. Arctic Fox does that now too, which is handy for rxg3d owners and whoever else is compatible.
yep, rxg3d can autofire now for 60s max (should be limited in settings for much less in the Z case...) with arctic fox firmware
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/p12-arcticfox-190602.3777/

dzunk

my experience with Z so far, maybe it will help someone new to splinters (i would have appreciated some sum up from someone who has it):

(note that i have only a not very functional mod, which says unit too hot all the time so i am able to take only 1,5 bowl in a row)

Battery life - using 3 batteries, after ive done 9 bowls i still have half of my battery life left. i have been using 35-50W and my abv was almost black in some spots (which i like, dont judge me :D) so the three battery mod might really be little bit of overkill since it might last for around 15-17 bowls (even i as a cbd user dont have to use that much of weed at once).

Batteries - i got LH HG 3, they seem ok, i wasnt expecting nothing special from batteries. i recommend getting nitecore digital charger, it is nice to see the minimum/maximum voltage of your batteries.

flavour - nothing new here. i was expecting flavourful thick vapor and thats what you get. for me its better than my e-nano, cant even compare it to my crafty. i always thought smoking is necessary to tell if some weed tastes good, is harsh or not. splinter can reveal the whole spectrum of your weeds flavour and i have never tasted weed like this before even though i own the e-nano, which is supposed to be flavoursome too. the difference is, that splinter is on-demand, so if you want to take a terpene hit you can and then in another few seconds you can milk the shit out of your weed. and thats not possible with my nano. i can have a terp hit, but then i have to wait another 20 secs for reaching the ''milking'' temperature.

vapor harshness - this is very individual i think, but for me the vapor is cooler then with crafty with much bigger clouds. even at 50W after inserting fresh weed i can take that hit with no problem for a short draw. so xl8r really isn't a must. it will definitely provides smoother vapor and i will get it, but even without is the z nearly perfect.

vape strenght - this is where splinter amazes me the most. it is incredibly strong. i have noticed, that i use much less weed with splinter, even though my abv isnt as even as with my crafty. i did a few 1 bowl 1 hits and with cbd its awesome. this way even those cbd strains with almost none thc are heavy hitting, i havent had this experience with any other vaporizer (not that i have tried many of these novelty vapes). it seems to me much stronger than my e-nano and i can take much bigger hits with it without the vapor being too harsh

pocketability - this is what i don't understand very much. when some ask here about this many people say that splinter is more pocketable than z. well z is very small. what isn't very pocketable is 2 or 3-battery grip and mostly the glass stem, which you have to have in a case for transport, its also good to have some stiring tool. neither a splinter and neither a z i cant imagine being carried in a pocket with the glass stem safely. also its what a would call travel-log-vape so its always open and i dont know how about you, but i dont want to be vaping some shit i have collected in my pockets :D.

wpa - i want to get this asap. i have a small bong and this is i think a must, cause it will be so comfortable to use. looking forward to receiving this very much.

mod - i have reuleux rx gen 3. i have read online it is not very reliable, also i received mine not working and had to exchange it. also i have a mac, which means i didnt want to bother with arctic fox. it is very easy to load myevic though. sneakypete says it is a little bit of pain, but actually its just a matter of connecting it to your mac, installing wismec software and uploading it to your rx gen 3. and thats it. thats also why i bough it again even though i received the first one not working. it is very easy to upload custom firmware and also it fits perfectly in my hand. i will try to load funkyjunky also, it has cruise mod, which i would like to try for sure.

overall - this vape fulfilled my expactations and more. i live in eu, i didnt have a mod and i missed the sale on gwn (by a week, lol). so the total sum for my splinter including batteries was 335 $(140 for z + shipping and 45$ custom fees, mod, batteries, charger 150$). so i wouldnt say it is a cheap vaporizer. but for me it is worth every cent, because its the first vape i really enjoy in every aspect. since it arrived i havend used my crafty and i even would not use my enano if i had a working mod and wpa..

P.S. I got mine in blackwood with smoked glass :)

Last edited:

david8613

I used my Z last night for the first time with xl8r. at first I was just getting lots of flavor and very wispy vapor, I had my mod at 30 watts because that is what I used with my splinter when I had it, With the Z it felt like it was taking too long to heat up, so bumped the watts up to 35 watts and that's when I started to get vapor. I guess having a bigger motor she needs more power? anyway I took about a good 6 hits, and I was done, feeling it! when I checked my avb I still had lots of green in there but I couldn't vape anymore I was good! the Z is powerful, it seriously extracts, and using the xl8r I felt zero harshness, I almost didn't feel the hit in the back of my throat it was so smooth. next time I am going to bump it up to 40 watts and see what it does. what wattage are you guys using? it definitely heats up different than my splinter when I had it.

jbm

I used my Z last night for the first time with xl8r. at first I was just getting lots of flavor and very wispy vapor, I had my mod at 30 watts because that is what I used with my splinter when I had it, With the Z it felt like it was taking too long to heat up, so bumped the watts up to 35 watts and that's when I started to get vapor. I guess having a bigger motor she needs more power? anyway I took about a good 6 hits, and I was done, feeling it! when I checked my avb I still had lots of green in there but I couldn't vape anymore I was good! the Z is powerful, it seriously extracts, and using the xl8r I felt zero harshness, I almost didn't feel the hit in the back of my throat it was so smooth. next time I am going to bump it up to 40 watts and see what it does. what wattage are you guys using? it definitely heats up different than my splinter when I had it.

I do 2 sec of preheat at 42w and then autofire at 35 watts. Get really good results.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
my experience with Z so far, maybe it will help someone new to splinters (i would have appreciated some sum up from someone who has it):

(note that i have only a not very functional mod, which says unit too hot all the time so i am able to take only 1,5 bowl in a row)

Battery life - using 3 batteries, after ive done 9 bowls i still have half of my battery life left. i have been using 35-50W and my abv was almost black in some spots (which i like, dont judge me :D) so the three battery mod might really be little bit of overkill since it might last for around 15-17 bowls (even i as a cbd user dont have to use that much of weed at once).

Batteries - i got LH HG 3, they seem ok, i wasnt expecting nothing special from batteries. i recommend getting nitecore digital charger, it is nice to see the minimum/maximum voltage of your batteries.

flavour - nothing new here. i was expecting flavourful thick vapor and thats what you get. for me its better than my e-nano, cant even compare it to my crafty. i always thought smoking is necessary to tell if some weed tastes good, is harsh or not. splinter can reveal the whole spectrum of your weeds flavour and i have never tasted weed like this before even though i own the e-nano, which is supposed to be flavoursome too. the difference is, that splinter is on-demand, so if you want to take a terpene hit you can and then in another few seconds you can milk the shit out of your weed. and thats not possible with my nano. i can have a terp hit, but then i have to wait another 20 secs for reaching the ''milking'' temperature.

vapor harshness - this is very individual i think, but for me the vapor is cooler then with crafty with much bigger clouds. even at 50W after inserting fresh weed i can take that hit with no problem for a short draw. so xl8r really isn't a must. it will definitely provides smoother vapor and i will get it, but even without is the z nearly perfect.

vape strenght - this is where splinter amazes me the most. it is incredibly strong. i have noticed, that i use much less weed with splinter, even though my abv isnt as even as with my crafty. i did a few 1 bowl 1 hits and with cbd its awesome. this way even those cbd strains with almost none thc are heavy hitting, i havent had this experience with any other vaporizer (not that i have tried many of these novelty vapes). it seems to me much stronger than my e-nano and i can take much bigger hits with it without the vapor being too harsh

pocketability - this is what i don't understand very much. when some ask here about this many people say that splinter is more pocketable than z. well z is very small. what isn't very pocketable is 2 or 3-battery grip and mostly the glass stem, which you have to have in a case for transport, its also good to have some stiring tool. neither a splinter and neither a z i cant imagine being carried in a pocket with the glass stem safely. also its what a would call travel-log-vape so its always open and i dont know how about you, but i dont want to be vaping some shit i have collected in my pockets :D.

wpa - i want to get this asap. i have a small bong and this is i think a must, cause it will be so comfortable to use. looking forward to receiving this very much.

mod - i have reuleux rx gen 3. i have read online it is not very reliable, also i received mine not working and had to exchange it. also i have a mac, which means i didnt want to bother with arctic fox. it is very easy to load myevic though. sneakypete says it is a little bit of pain, but actually its just a matter of connecting it to your mac, installing wismec software and uploading it to your rx gen 3. and thats it. thats also why i bough it again even though i received the first one not working. it is very easy to upload custom firmware and also it fits perfectly in my hand. i will try to load funkyjunky also, it has cruise mod, which i would like to try for sure.

overall - this vape fulfilled my expactations and more. i live in eu, i didnt have a mod and i missed the sale on gwn (by a week, lol). so the total sum for my splinter including batteries was 335 $(140 for z + shipping and 45$ custom fees, mod, batteries, charger 150$). so i wouldnt say it is a cheap vaporizer. but for me it is worth every cent, because its the first vape i really enjoy in every aspect. since it arrived i havend used my crafty and i even would not use my enano if i had a working mod and wpa..

P.S. I got mine in blackwood with smoked glass :)
I'm glad you suffered through the less-than-ideal ordering options and got yourself set up so nicely.

I see what you mean by the enano contrast. The heater on an any log vape is just slowly maintaining whatever 7 or 7.5 means so it's not as capable when it comes to lingering with the terp hits in the first half of a bowl.

And I'm not surprised the Z has changed your perspective on the Crafty. Session vapes are convenient and they have their place. The large surface area heater on demand convection devices are just a different breed.

Your last annoying shopping mission is to add a dna-c mod to your kit. Any of the Splinters will perform splendidly with something like the rxg3d. The DNA250C or DNA75C mods add consistency and precision that I appreciate and really let you ride the flavor as long as possible. Even wattage on a DNAc mod more even with less center hot spot potential. And for TC the HerbieVonVapster ecigprofile makes config easy.

I only add this detail because the Z is such a connoisseur vape. The reality is DNAc mods are scarce and the shopping landscape continues to be miserable. Put it on your radar for an eventual upgrade.

RxPlorer

I do 2 sec of preheat at 42w and then autofire at 35 watts. Get really good results.

what is autofire? Is it like the draw-activated power on the PCKT One Plus? I’d love that.

Well actually that wouldn’t make sense since the entire air path is outside the mod.... no way to detect a draw. Hmm.

Last edited:
RxPlorer,

jbm

what is autofire? Is it like the draw-activated power on the PCKT One Plus? I’d love that.
I click the button on the mod twice and it does 2 seconds 42w preheat then stays on at 35 w for up to 60 seconds until I click the button again. You set the timeout somewhere, don’t remember where right now. In practice most draws are about 10-15 seconds.

I’m running a very recent build of Arctic Fox on a Wismec GEN3 Reauleaux Dual.

jbm,
Reactions: YaMon

RxPlorer

I click the button on the mod twice and it does 2 seconds 42w preheat then stays on at 35 w for up to 60 seconds until I click the button again. You set the timeout somewhere, don’t remember where right now. In practice most draws are about 10-15 seconds.

So you start your draw after the 2 second warmup? If you take a short draw, say 5 seconds, and stop, is the herb basket still receiving enough convection heat from autofire to waste some of the actives?

RxPlorer,

GoldenBud

How do you activate autofire in the latest version? double click?

GoldenBud,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So you start your draw after the 2 second warmup? If you take a short draw, say 5 seconds, and stop, is the herb basket still receiving enough convection heat from autofire to waste some of the actives?

I turn it off mid hit to clear just like holding button and letting go. With autofire you don't have to hold the button (called cruise in tubo)

jbm

It depends. Sometimes I wait, sometimes I pull right away. I generally keep pulling a second or 2 after I click again to clear out any residual heat.

jbm,
Reactions: Summer

GoldenBud

the heating up is just for the glass to get warm abit

GoldenBud,

Chandler

I sent cole@rbt an email yesterday, was hoping he'd get back to me early today, but no response as yet.
I just called the customer service number on the site, straight to voicemail and the inbox is full. Can't leave a message.

Leads me to believe 1.theyre busy, 2. They probably won't respond to my email if they're not checking voicemail 3. If I put in an order, will it process n get shipped? Feeling hesitant

I don't have Instagram on my phone, and I just noticed I can't start a conversation here with RBT.

Can't put in an order until I speak to a representative. A lil disappointed. Any other direct avenues yall may know of to contact RBT?

Thanks

Chandler,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom