Discontinued Splinter Z by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Finally got around to putting a ZV2 on the venerable Wismec RX Gen3 Dual and TC performance is excellent from the first try with the settings below. I accepted the .44ohms resistance reading of the cold ZV2 (this is a new one from the $99 combo deal so I don't know if that's similar to the cold reading or where I'd actually set it on my DNAs).

The only thing I adjusted from the V2 it replaced on this mod was to bump the max wattage up from 37W. It wouldn't go past 42W and I've since discovered the max setting is under the Expert submenu and bumped it to 50W.

Lovely clouds and very even with no hot spots in the 370 to 395° range even with just that 42W max. I'm curious how it performs at higher temps and what the sweet spot will be. Max wattage has been a good variable to adjust on these rxg3d pairings without bumping the resistance up (which y'all know is my hack for DNA mods).

Just setting those top three numbers: TCR, temp, and max wattage and letting the mod read the cold resistance was all I had to do for a mod that was already set up for Splinter use. Still haven't fucked with the latest tubo or anything so this is still in myevic with Algo off.

IMG-20200124-163630-2.jpg

Last edited:

BigT2019

Hi, I've just bought the same mod myself and I've never used one of these before. I'm trying to apply the Tubo software and I can't even do that. Any idea how I customise the settings like you have, or even better how exactly I download the Tubo software? I've been onto Lamart's website, and I've tried to download the right firmware but I just keep getting lost! Would really appreciate some help, sorry that I'm new to all of this!

BigT2019,

Jacer

I just set up my Z with tubo_myevic temp mode and I am absolutely loving it! I had a recommendation to turn the ohms .01 down from what they read cold, and after that it was ready to go off the default settings! I've been running it at 365 degrees and it's been perfect.

Hi, I've just bought the same mod myself and I've never used one of these before. I'm trying to apply the Tubo software and I can't even do that. Any idea how I customise the settings like you have, or even better how exactly I download the Tubo software? I've been onto Lamart's website, and I've tried to download the right firmware but I just keep getting lost! Would really appreciate some help, sorry that I'm new to all of this!
http://tubo.lamart.ch/fw/191225-tubomyevic-newsupport-led-tubopower-pwrbar-beta.bin
I got the Tubo software from here, and then downloaded the specific updater software for the RX Gen 3 from here: https://www.wismec.com/software/reuleaux-rx-gen3/ From there it was as simple as plugging the vape in and updating through the software!

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

I just set up my Z with tubo_myevic temp mode and I am absolutely loving it! I had a recommendation to turn the ohms .01 down from what they read cold, and after that it was ready to go off the default settings! I've been running it at 365 degrees and it's been perfect.

http://tubo.lamart.ch/fw/191225-tubomyevic-newsupport-led-tubopower-pwrbar-beta.bin
I got the Tubo software from here, and then downloaded the specific updater software for the RX Gen 3 from here: https://www.wismec.com/software/reuleaux-rx-gen3/ From there it was as simple as plugging the vape in and updating through the software!
I think I this is the one I ended up using:
https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/tree/master/bin

But whichever old abandoned myevic I use is just because it's the one the Wismec updater would accept. I'd first try the Tubo one linked from @Jacer or this one:
https://github.com/MicroSur/sur_myevic/blob/master/git_doc_en/usageandcompatibility_en.md

BigT2019

Thank you for sending me the info, much appreciated. I don't know why but my mod isn't recognised by either firmware when I try to update it. Any idea why?

BigT2019,

Jayvape

Finally got around to putting a ZV2 on the venerable Wismec RX Gen3 Dual and TC performance is excellent from the first try with the settings below. I accepted the .44ohms resistance reading of the cold ZV2 (this is a new one from the $99 combo deal so I don't know if that's similar to the cold reading or where I'd actually set it on my DNAs).

The only thing I adjusted from the V2 it replaced on this mod was to bump the max wattage up from 37W. It wouldn't go past 42W and I've since discovered the max setting is under the Expert submenu and bumped it to 50W.

Lovely clouds and very even with no hot spots in the 370 to 395° range even with just that 42W max. I'm curious how it performs at higher temps and what the sweet spot will be. Max wattage has been a good variable to adjust on these rxg3d pairings without bumping the resistance up (which y'all know is my hack for DNA mods).

Just setting those top three numbers: TCR, temp, and max wattage and letting the mod read the cold resistance was all I had to do for a mod that was already set up for Splinter use. Still haven't fucked with the latest tubo or anything so this is still in myevic with Algo off.

IMG-20200124-163630-2.jpg
Do you keep your .44ohms resistance locked or unlocked?

Jayvape,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Thank you for sending me the info, much appreciated. I don't know why but my mod isn't recognised by either firmware when I try to update it. Any idea why?
Are you seeing the mod connected in the Wismec updater and it's just flashing the firmware that fails? If you can't even get the mod recognized in the updater try a different USB cable. Also Mac or windows? My updater app is on a Mac and I've yet to try it in windows to see if it's any less flaky.

bossman,

Jacer

I have the 3 battery version of the mod and didn't realize there is separate updater software for the dual, so give this software a try if you have the dual instead of the 3 battery version: https://www.wismec.com/software/wismec-tc-software-for-upgrading-reuleaux-rx2-gen3-dual/

Vape mod update softwares can be quite picky lol

Jacer,
Reactions: Summer

Hammahead

@Hammahead you should check out the Nub stem by LaMart.
Ok, I bought the NUB stem and I'm loving it! It totally does the job of the Easy Flow cooler and isn't even half as large, and i'm pretty confident it isn't nearly as fragile. Also the construction looks like it allows for all liquid inside to be tossed out completely when cleaning it with ISO. Just the way smaller size with same effect would have had me want to buy it tbh...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ok, I bought the NUB stem and I'm loving it! It totally does the job of the Easy Flow cooler and isn't even half as large, and i'm pretty confident it isn't nearly as fragile. Also the construction looks like it allows for all liquid inside to be tossed out completely when cleaning it with ISO. Just the way smaller size with same effect would have had me want to buy it tbh...

BTW the nub is not really designed for use with water, it is so tiny I don't think any water would make a difference and just risk spilling into the vape... Or you just mean it doesn't leave liquid behind when shaking dry? Easy cleanings

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Differences between Custom and Z2?
Thicker glass on the custom Zs. Also more of a rustic diy finish on the customs with more grain you can see and feel but also more fading and erosion over time.

Performance is a bit better on all the Chinese Splinters but not by much and it depends how well dialed in they are.

If the question is "are the custom Zs worth the extra money?" my answer is "not really". I think there is some piece of mind with the thicker glass. It's just that the sales are so good on the Chinese Splinters. RBT takes a fair amount of heat for going through the growing pains of finding a Chinese manufacturing partner, but I credit Ryan and RBT for sticking with it and passing the savings along immediately. The last sale was a ZV2 and a V2 for $99. I had four Zs on DNA250C mods already and still got on that shit.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Custom Z uses mica and V has ceramic too. I prefer the exotic woods, and the handcraft build, but the ZV is more polished, the blackwood

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Never sure the best place to share this news but liionwholesale has LG HG2 cells for $3.99 in stock right now. Those are the cells that made all my Splinters hot to death and I just ordered another five to spare any of my mods from fits of jealousy.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
In wattage mode, at 37 w, I can achieve great steam production only by playing with the air holes.
This is always my shot, I never shoot without touching the holes ...

Is there anyone else doing this?
Am I getting the full power of the Splinter out or could I do more? (always in wattage mode)

TiSteamo,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Has anyone heard from @RBTcole lately? I've sent two emails a week apart and also sent a pm on FC the second time but haven't heard back.
In wattage mode, at 37 w, I can achieve great steam production only by playing with the air holes.
This is always my shot, I never shoot without touching the holes ...

Is there anyone else doing this?
Am I getting the full power of the Splinter out or could I do more? (always in wattage mode)
No, I've never covered the air holes. I also mostly don't use wattage. Do you prefer less airflow or what?

bossman,
Reactions: TiSteamo

SquirrelMaster

@bossman
Cole hasn't been on FC lately as I had quoted him a couple times and never heard back. I did get an email response fairly quickly but it looks like you've gone that route already. Cole did post 4 days ago https://www.instagram.com/p/B763X3PBKHj/?igshid=12dqht8gurx8o that the Mi3 would be here soon so maybe they're packaging everything up? I'd send another email after it's been a few days since your last.

@eideal852
Both you and bossman were asking about keeping your resistance locked or unlocked a few posts back. I keep mine locked (0.39ohms when cold) if I'm using TCR mode in my Lost Vape Paranormal DNA250C but if I'm in wattage (which I'm favouring lately) I keep it unlocked and it settles around 0.42-0.44ohms.

@TiSteamo
Do you mean you need to cover the air holes to get good vapour production? I start as low as 32w have used all the way up to 45watts for some big clouds.

TiSteamo

VAPEnsiero... sull'ali dorate...
@bossman
No it is that at 37 W without covering the holes I get little steam.
By covering the holes a little, alternating a bit as if I were playing a flute :D ... then I get big clouds ...

@SquirrelMaster
Yes. Maybe 45 W is a bit too much, on the instructions it is written that the maximum should be 35 ...
Maybe the way I use it doesn't heat it up enough to produce large clouds without covering the holes, on the other hand it seems to me a safer approach for the health of the device ...

TiSteamo,
Reactions: bossman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom