Speech on Legalization

trm11

Hey Guys,

So I'm currently doing a persuasive speech for my Public Speaking Class in the next week or so. I like myself am decently heated as to why there is a ban on cannabis in the first place, and have from time to time looked up facts and news articles pertaining to the topic. For this speech I need an outline with 6 sources, so if anyone has an article or source they have have book marked or just like would you mind posting it to this thread so I can help educate the 30+ undergrads and 1 TA about how great cannabis is, or just like/comment if you approve of the idea :brow:

-TRM

trm11,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I saw a History Channel show once that gave, among others, these two reasons:

1 -- much like cocaine was outlawed because it made black men rape white women, cannibis was outlawed because the industrial revolution was over and we wanted to get rid of the mexicans that were working when things were good but were hanging out growing and smoking dope once the work dried up.
2 -- they also said the cotton industry lobbied hard against hemp for obvious financial reasons. a machine had been invented that was going to make hemp harvesting and production much more economical and the cotton growers went hard to stop it.

You might be able to google these topics for references.

And then there was reefer madness...just more bullshit propoganda of the time.

stickstones,

djonkoman

apparently the first country to outlaw it was south-africa, where aparthead still reigned. but there are different causes for the illegalisation I think, that came together in a bigger force for illegalisation(racism, cotton-industry and wood/paper-industry)

this site tells a lot about the history of cannabis and also has a chapter about the illegalisation(altough I don''t remember exactly what this site says about it, is a few years ago that I read it and I read it mostly for the earlier history)
http://druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/history/first12000/abel.htm

djonkoman,

trm11

you guys are awesome thank you so much! making my college life a lot easier and full of far more vaporrr

trm11,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I enjoyed this video, it is excellent. I also found this document very insightful. Marked for professional use only, the part after the history of cannabis gets VERY interesting regarding professional opinions about cannabis use & misuse. If you can read and understand this document you will know what an entry level therapist is likely to be armed with ;)

http://iacapap.org/wp-content/uploads/G.2-CANNABIS-072012.pdf

trm11

I'm going to murder this persuasive speech, t-dub are you and the guys at vapexhale opposed if I bring up your product line?

trm11,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
trm11, I have nothing to do with VapeXhale, just a happy customer. Can't imagine why they would mind though, and really, moisture conditioned vapor is probably something a lot of people aren't aware of yet. Good luck on your speech :)

t-dub,
Reactions: trm11

trm11

I'm gonna be able to do this speech just based on the stuff you guys have posted ^_^
you guys are the best!

trm11,
Reactions: t-dub
Top Bottom