Something I wanted to share

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
As some of you know back in September my 24 year old brother Matt unexpectedly passed away after falling in the shower in his NYC apartment. Matt was an amazing man, full of life and spent his time on earth enjoying every minute. Even 16 years older than him I found myself envious of his life style at times. Recently my family received his autopsy report from the state of NY. As it turns out Matt didn't suffer head trauma from the fall. He had cocaine in his system. No, he didn't OD, it was barely enough to be considered a lethal dose. What was explained to us was that Matt had taken his ADD medication that day, and although it very rarely happens there is always a very small chance that mixing the drugs can prove fatal.

I know that many of us engage in activities that some may not approve of. I myself had done things in my life that make me look back and thank the stars that I am here today. May of you here are what I consider true friends and I want you all to share this as someone may be touched by my story and just like the choice I make here and now - promise to think twice before I make decisions on mixing. By no means do I want to be a hypocrite but in fact some one who cares enough to bring up something so close to my heart.

Matthew Adam - may you rest in peace my brother, you will forever be in my heart.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
My condolences mvapes. That medication reaction is not intuitive at all. I remember being kinda freaked out when I had to take a really strong drug to suppress my immune system. They warned me, no grapefruit of any kind, and its true, you could die. Alcohol is probably the most dangerous mixer of all, it fucks with your entire metabolism and just about every drug you take. Plus it impairs judgment . . . I am truly sorry this happened to you, I lost my brother in law recently to a drunk driver. He is survived by a wife and two beautiful children . . .

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
So very sad. I'm so sorry for both of your losses.

It just shows how mixing drugs can be so dangerous, especially pharmaceuticals and street drugs. But, even Red Bull and vodka can be a dangerous mix; it's like doing a speedball. It pulls your heart in two different directions. Under the right circumstances (and when mixed with over the counter drugs), it can trigger a heart attack.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So very sad. I'm so sorry for both of your losses. It just shows how mixing drugs can be so dangerous, especially pharmaceuticals and street drugs. But, even Red Bull and vodka can be a dangerous mix; it's like doing a speedball. It pulls your heart in two different directions. Under the right circumstances (and when mixed with over the counter drugs), it can trigger a heart attack.

Thanks mom, excellent point as well, these new energy drinks are starting to cause problems as their usage has gone up, and kinda like meth, people use them to party harder and longer . . .

Enchantre

Oil Painter
If you are taking any medication, consult with someone (MD, Pharmacist, ND, etc.) before taking any other drugs OR any herbs.

Many common herbal remedies can adversely affect someone if they are also taking certain drugs or other herbs.

My brother committed suicide in 1996. I have no answer for your pain, except my own. Peace.

I'm so sorry for your loss mvapes,tragedy can come out of nowhere and strike even the best and brightest.
Please remember my bro that nobody is really gone as long as they are remembered.
I never knew him,but if he was your brother he had to be a pretty good guy.
A toast to Matt,he will not be forgotten.

lost nebula

Always Vaping
Wow, a shocker like that always hits to the core. My deepest condolences to you and your family as it's never easy news to get.

lost nebula,
Reactions: mvapes

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
good vibes your way mvapes, stimulants fuck with my heart too much so I haven't taken up any offers to start on Adderall or any of that stuff. Did he have any known heart problems? A lot of the time they slip under the radar and they're something you would have to be looking for to see. Perhaps that played a role. I myself have been shied away from certain foods before due to enzyme contradictions. I hope the tox report doesn't taint the memories you have (and cherish, of course) of your brother. Stay strong for everyone, but especially for yourself. hug

lwien

Thanks for sharing this guys.

Like you, mvapes, I mixed just about every drug under the sun and i have no idea at all why I'm still here.

It really is a game of Russian roulette.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
man i'm sorry mvapes.. years back, i used to have a bad drugs problem for a good while. iv'e had a number of close calls.. i always took for granted how easily something like that could happen so suddenly.
I'm so sorry for your loss mvapes,tragedy can come out of nowhere and strike even the best and brightest.
Please remember my bro that nobody is really gone as long as they are remembered.
I never knew him,but if he was your brother he had to be a pretty good guy.
A toast to Matt,he will not be forgotten.
couldn't say it better

Buildozer,
Reactions: mvapes

Tweek

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have a few brothers of my own, and the thought of losing them is so very painful. If it helps in any way, the Buddhists don't believe in the cessation of life and therefore, don't believe in the concept of death. The very essence of your brother will continue to live on, not only in memory, but in every inch of this world he touched.

As to mixing drugs, I encourage anyone who chooses to use a drug, whether it was prescribed by your doctor, or something you got off the street, to educate yourself and not take any chances. And remember that no matter how experienced you may be, you are not immune. I had a very scary experience myself once,...I simply took the pill my doc prescribed to me, and foolishly had a glass of wine and a blunt a couple of hours later...lets just say, it was not a pleasant experience in any way...

Tweek,
Reactions: ShipDit
Top Bottom