Some secrets to good Qwiso

debaserrrrr

Do you guys have any experience doing QWET extractions? Could I use the same method with PGA? I have heard that PGA may not purge properly, but I have heard conflicting reports.

debaserrrrr,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Do you guys have any experience doing QWET extractions? Could I use the same method with PGA? I have heard that PGA may not purge properly, but I have heard conflicting reports.

I assume you mean pure grain alcohol, like 190+ proof ever clear? If so yes that's fine look at QWET guides because the extraction times are like 3x as long depending on the temperature IIRC.

Puffers,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Looks good! Make sure to purge it properly :)
IMG_07001_zps850ec3db.jpg

Wind dried no sun.

darkrom

Great Scott!
My shit starts off looking like absolute shatter. Like the quality stuff you guys have posted. Then when I fold it on top of itself on the oil slick, instant black color. It was translucent goldish, then black once folded. Any guesses why this is? Due to living area I can't heat it in the oven or on an electric hot plate or anything. Its all evaped over time in a sealed off drawer, no fans or anything. It takes WEEKS to evaporate this way. I'm wondering if that is why it is turning black, but again its translucent until I clump it all together :/

Moisture still left in it or something? I only have 91% iso, and everclear isn't legal to buy in this state. Anyone know a place to buy everclear online and have it shipped here? I really want to try everclear. If not I'll have to order 99% iso online.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My shit starts off looking like absolute shatter. Like the quality stuff you guys have posted. Then when I fold it on top of itself on the oil slick, instant black color. It was translucent goldish, then black once folded. Any guesses why this is? Due to living area I can't heat it in the oven or on an electric hot plate or anything. Its all evaped over time in a sealed off drawer, no fans or anything. It takes WEEKS to evaporate this way. I'm wondering if that is why it is turning black, but again its translucent until I clump it all together :/

Moisture still left in it or something? I only have 91% iso, and everclear isn't legal to buy in this state. Anyone know a place to buy everclear online and have it shipped here? I really want to try everclear. If not I'll have to order 99% iso online.
If you can get 99% on line get it!
I just wanted to try Everclear since I can buy it at the LIQUOR Warehouse.
CVS sells ISO 93%
Hopefully the Everclear will not give any off flavors.
I use this oil to make POLLEN PELLETS (HASH LIKE)
The oil works has a binder.
I already made a few and good for night time only.
During the day time a little to strong!

The dark color or pigments is from the chlorophyll.
I strain the herb in less than one minute of making contact with the ALCOHOL.
We will see how the color turns out with this batch?
We want the Essence of the Cannabis not the pigments of the plant.
I normally just trow out the ABV.
However using it to make PELLETS works great.
Amost ready!

Two more hours until dry enough to scrape!

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Due to living area I can't heat it in the oven or on an electric hot plate or anything. Its all evaped over time in a sealed off drawer, no fans or anything. It takes WEEKS to evaporate this way. I'm wondering if that is why it is turning black, but again its translucent until I clump it all together :/.

Have you ever done a warm water evaporation? Much like yourself, I don't have the luxury of going the more "professional" route when it comes to these things. I take a large bowl that my scrape plate can sit on, fill with microwaved water, then, I hurry up!... and wait.. for about 4-5 hours. Water is removed then reheated every 30 minutes or so.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Have you ever done a warm water evaporation? Much like yourself, I don't have the luxury of going the more "professional" route when it comes to these things. I take a large bowl that my scrape plate can sit on, fill with microwaved water, then, I hurry up!... and wait.. for about 4-5 hours. Water is removed then reheated every 30 minutes or so.
My setup is pure hacker.
It takes 18 Hours with my method in a dry climate!
Scraping some oil after dinner!

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
My setup is pure hacker.
It takes 18 Hours with my method in a dry climate!
Scraping some oil after dinner!

Very nice! Do you happen to cover the dish during your evaporation period? Doing so would prevent any dirt from getting into your runs. A breathable fabric(like pantyhose) would work best.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Very nice! Do you happen to cover the dish during your evaporation period? Doing so would prevent any dirt from getting into your runs. A breathable fabric(like pantyhose) would work best.
I like the pantyhose ideal.
With the fan blowing it helps evaporate the EVERCLEAR.
18 hours was my target and I hit it!
It took some time however I did not use heat in this abstraction.
I started with 12 grams of ABV'd.
One cup EVERCLEAR.
I'm curious to weight my actual yield!
Last dry pass:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My shit starts off looking like absolute shatter. Like the quality stuff you guys have posted. Then when I fold it on top of itself on the oil slick, instant black color. It was translucent goldish, then black once folded. Any guesses why this is?

Even being careful I had similar results.
12 grams ABV
1 CUP EVERCLEAR
14" OVAL PUREX
18 Hours under FAN for drying
Yield 2.1 grams

Like I said in a earlier post this is used as a binder for my POLLEN PELLETS for my HERCULES.
For this use it's pretty practical however never would I consider loading it in a OMINCRON Cart.
I like SHATTERS and BLONDE WAXES. (I will leave this to the experts)

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
think you'll want to reduce the time you have the material in the iso/everclear... try really short times like 15 seconds, that should pull less chlorophyll

i'm not sure if you'll get "shatter" with AVB though

vaporonly,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
think you'll want to reduce the time you have the material in the iso/everclear... try really short times like 15 seconds, that should pull less chlorophyll

Thanks!

ataxian,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
in the future you could also water cure the AVB before putting it into everclear/iso, this would remove a lot of the water soluble stuff beforehand.

there is a stickied thread in this section where a guy reviewed a bunch of methods.

good luck

darkrom

Great Scott!

I should have been clear, mine was made with both trim and bud seperately. With ABV I expect a black goop and love my ABV goop.

With the fresh buds it goes from shatter to goop just by sticking it all together with itself. Driving me nuts!

darkrom,
Reactions: ataxian

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
Just did a full QWISO extract, evap, and scrape in under an hour! Has a hard taffy consistency and boils away to practically nothing(some contaminant, need to improve filtering). Didn't really weight beforehand but I estimate about 6 grams in and 1 gram return. Not too shabby, and that is only the first run on the bud :evil:.

TheCrusher

Analog Man / Digital World
Just did a full QWISO extract, evap, and scrape in under an hour! Has a hard taffy consistency and boils away to practically nothing(some contaminant, need to improve filtering).
What temperature do you evaporate at / Descriptive post somewhere?

TheCrusher,

VaporEyes

Vaporization Aficionado
Accessory Maker
What temperature do you evaporate at / Descriptive post somewhere?

Heated 3 cups of water for 5 minutes in a microwave(no temperature taken, I'd say around 160-200F, bubbles just beginning to form and slightly visible steam). This water is placed in a bowl that sits below my evaporation plate. The plate "foot" and the inner rim of the bowl match up and make a good seal(may be very important). QWISO is made, filtered, and poured onto the plate at this time. To reduce pooling, the plate is shifted now and again to ensure even evaporation. Water is refreshed when needed.

VaporEyes,

itschad

Lots of good reading in this topic, thanks guys! Especially purple; going to try a qwiso run when I reup in a couple days and load it into my omicron if it comes out nice and clear enough.

Do you guys do anything with your plant matter after extraction? With BHO I usually just ..throw it away. Didn't know if the same should be done with iso washes, though I imagine even if I let my buds sit out and dry for a few days they wouldn't really be something I'd want to smoke.

Even being careful I had similar results.
12 grams ABV
1 CUP EVERCLEAR
14" OVAL PUREX
18 Hours under FAN for drying
Yield 2.1 grams

Like I said in a earlier post this is used as a binder for my POLLEN PELLETS for my HERCULES.
For this use it's pretty practical however never would I consider loading it in a OMINCRON Cart.
I like SHATTERS and BLONDE WAXES. (I will leave this to the experts)

What are pollen pellets and do they work well in your hercules v2? I've got a v1 that I can't take the best advantage of with flowers as my material just never seems to be dry enough so i'm looking to use it a different way maybe

itschad,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Lots of good reading in this topic, thanks guys! Especially purple; going to try a qwiso run when I reup in a couple days and load it into my omicron if it comes out nice and clear enough.
What are pollen pellets and do they work well in your Hercules v2? I've got a v1 that I can't take the best advantage of with flowers as my material just never seems to be dry enough so I'm looking to use it a different way maybe
I do not recommend QWISO for a OMNICRON CART.
Stay with BLONDE CONCENTRATES for CARTS is the formula that works for me.
QWISO is great for making POLLEN PELLETS.
QWISO exaction for maximizing your medicine.
However pretty awful stuff after the first run.
It's done!
I use the HERCULES V1 for QWISO.
The SR-71 (V2) would even be better however:
POLLEN PELLET through an existing HERCULES will put you in a SIC (SELF INDUCED COMA)!

Formula:
3 Parts Dry (KIEF and some FLOWERS well ground)
1 Part Wet QWISO or (PURE CONCENTRATE)
POLLEN PRESS

ataxian,
Reactions: itschad
Top Bottom