Soda Pot ...

SundayVaper

I'm so tired of special interest group's interest anymore... I wouldn't really give a shit if they put the KoolAid man on the bottle.

That being said, I live in Indiana, I use medicinally, and would like for that to have mmj as a legal option (although I'm so anti-establishment I could see myself staying black market.

I can see the concern over the labeling. I saw it on the news a day or two ago and the bottles DO look a little ... toy-ish. I just don't see what the problem is with having packaging like that in an environment only suitable for adults.

To end my rambling, who's calling the news to cover this? Manufacturer? And if they did (and potentially sabotage others like myself who would like mmj to be an option some day in hour neighborhood) why is there no fear of federal prosecution?

SundayVaper,

Gunky

Jikaboom123 said:
Sure it might hurt the medical community, but honestly it should be legal for recreational use as well. So I say fuck it, let it rain cannabis soda.

+1

Gunky,

lwien

Jikaboom123 said:
Sure it might hurt the medical community, but honestly it should be legal for recreational use as well. So I say fuck it, let it rain cannabis soda.

Yes, I agree that it should be legal for recreational use as well, but in my opinion, if something could potentially hurt the acceptance of MJ for medical use, than lifting the laws to allow for recreational use will be that much harder.

To think otherwise, I think is a bit myopic, eh?

lwien,

Gunky

You are no doubt right Lwien, but I feel a certain resentment toward the press over the whole thing. These sodas and similar novelties have been around for a long time. They are not cheap and it is doubtful if anyone is actually consuming the soda on a regular basis. More likely heads pull the bottle out to amuse friends, etc. The existence of these things is not news. But some thrusting young reporter got a doctor's letter, went to a clinic, saw those sodas and decided this could be slanted to give it legs and was a ticket to visibility... and fuck all if somebody's livelihood gets ruined.

Gunky,

lwien

Gunky said:
You are no doubt right Lwien, but I feel a certain resentment toward the press over the whole thing. These sodas and similar novelties have been around for a long time. They are not cheap and it is doubtful if anyone is actually consuming the soda on a regular basis. More likely heads pull the bottle out to amuse friends, etc. The existence of these things is not news. But some thrusting young reporter got a doctor's letter, went to a clinic, saw those sodas and decided this could be slanted to give it legs and was a ticket to visibility... and fuck all if somebody's livelihood gets ruined.

I know this is going to sound harsh, but when I first saw this story, I was hoping that this guy, who is obviously out to make a quick buck without giving a rats ass about the potential negative consequences it would have on the legalization efforts, would have second thoughts about putting these bottles with the current logo's out on the market. I still feel that way.

When I first saw these bottles, and saw the face of the guy behind it, the first thought that came to mind was, "What a fucking douch bag". If you're going to introduce a new edible or drink to the medical MJ community, do it with a bit of fucking class rather than doing this shit.

This product, as labeled, would be fine for the legal recreational market, but the legal recreational market doesn't fucking exist yet.

lwien,

Gunky

lwien said:
I know this is going to sound harsh, but when I first saw this story, I was hoping that this guy, who is obviously out to make a quick buck without giving a rats ass about the potential negative consequences it would have on the legalization efforts, would have second thoughts about putting these bottles with the current logo's out on the market. I still feel that way.

When I first saw these bottles, and saw the face of the guy behind it, the first thought that came to mind was, "What a fucking douch bag". If you're going to introduce a new edible or drink to the medical MJ community, do it with a bit of fucking class rather than doing this shit.

This product, as labeled, would be fine for the legal recreational market, but the legal recreational market doesn't fucking exist yet.

The "legal recreational market" in California is about the same thing as the "legal medical market". I would guess that by now the overwhelming majority of those visiting the clinics with doctors notes are in fact recreational users. The whole thing is a grey area now and even "legal" users still have to go about their business as if they were "illegal". As far as your animosity toward the guy producing the soda, it is awfully misplaced - the sodas aren't going to make an iota of difference, as you well know. But the news story will for sure screw with this guy. I don't know him but it seems very likely that he has parents and siblings and a wife and children like most folks. He is from Santa Cruz. In case you didn't know this is one of those little islands like Eugene, Oregon where the sixties are still going strong. Santa Cruz early on decriminalized small amounts of pot. In the context of where he lives, the sodas, the logos on the bottles, etc all make sense. And if you think he is the only one (or even a major one) trying for quick profits off this phenomenon may I suggest a visit to the optometrist?

Gunky,
Top Bottom