So, who has a bidet?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
No, I live in the U.S. :p

I always have flushable wipes on hand.

Vicki,

LivingInSpin

^^^

Ahhhhhhhh, ass shower! Hard to beat an ass shower on a hot day. In fact, the only thing that could beat an ass shower, is an ass shower with a cold mint julep, some good tunes, and a loving dog to supervise. :D

:lol:

LivingInSpin,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I think one of the 'strangest' bidets I ever saw was on an Iraqi merchant vessel. It was a garden hose.

The shitter itself was on the floor with a spot on each side to plant your feet as you hovered. Suck city having to live there for a week. :(

AGBeer,

djonkoman

I had a bidet in my room in rome last week, we used it to wash/shower our feet after looking at monuments, churches, museums etc :p
it was a seperate bowl btw

djonkoman,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Travelling around India/Nepal for half a year in my late teens toilet paper was a luxury unavailable in rural areas. As were bidets :lol:. I became surprisingly efficient with the Asian version- a plastic jug of water and your left hand. Fond memories.....

Seems strange looking back and I wouldn't do it at home, but as I recollect I though it was great at the time (once you got the technique down :cool:). Truly sustainable :lol:

WatTyler,

crawdad

floatin
wet wipes, great invention. learned about them when i had kids...figured, uh...why not? im fairly high on hygiene but hardly a purist about it, just like to be clean from things that have potential for odor or infection. some take it pretty extreme and wash with anti-bacterial many times a day when its hardly needed, plenty of biological things occur naturally and for a reason, i think.

the only bidet ive ever seen is one never used, seems pretty uncommon in these parts.

crawdad,

momatik

LivingInSpin said:
Ahhhhhhhh, ass shower! Hard to beat an ass shower on a hot day. In fact, the only thing that could beat an ass shower, is an ass shower with a cold mint julep, some good tunes, and a loving dog to supervise. :D

The truth.

AGBeer said:
The shitter itself was on the floor with a spot on each side to plant your feet as you hovered. Suck city having to live there for a week. sad

That's actually better for you. We have a muscle that tries to keep us from pooping our pants accidentally when we are in a sitting position. This muscle shifts when you squat.

momatik,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
A house I'm looking at tomorrow has a bidet. Not a biggie to me, I figure it will end up as a dog watering station (like I could stop them unless I would close the bathroom door when I went to work).

Tom

tdavie,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I would never use a stream of water to clean my asshole. Moisture would just create more mess, I'm a dry kind of guy I guess :D

aesthyrian,

colly

stayed at a hotel with a bidet once. lemme tell ya, I put up a good review of that hotel!

colly,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
i do, and mine's prolly cleaner than yours, haha

the unspoken "feature" to these things is in using them to actually squirt water in thru the anus to clean out the pouch just behind it

i wasn't comfortable with it at first, but have switched from the spray nozzle to the single stream one,

if you have a problem with fecal mater getting stuck in that pouch, due to diet or weight, and dread passing gas when you go out for fear the small particles lodged in your anus will grind and feel like sand-paper until you get home to wash your, by then bleeding, ass...these are a god send. it's a mild enema if you use it the way i do.
i no longer have to fart in fear,

i think our plastic model cost $32, it's not motorized so i have to move into position - those $200 jobs look nice, even blow-dry!

hahahaha 15 replies but none after mine, hahahahahaha

VWFringe,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
WatTyler said:
Travelling around India/Nepal for half a year in my late teens toilet paper was a luxury unavailable in rural areas. As were bidets :lol:. I became surprisingly efficient with the Asian version- a plastic jug of water and your left hand. Fond memories.....

Seems strange looking back and I wouldn't do it at home, but as I recollect I though it was great at the time (once you got the technique down :cool:). Truly sustainable :lol:

i agree. maybe TMI, but if you look in many bathrooms owned by indian people around the world, you may usually find a jug or plastic cup that can be used to fill with water for cleaning, if desired. i encourage you to snoop around the next indian's bathroom you use & confirm what i say!

i think its the way to go but many (american) people that have asked me about this "indian practice" were always disgusted by it. it never made sense to me, however, how people found it acceptable to wash their assholes in certain "sacred locations and times" only (bathtub or shower stall during your bath/shower) and it was unacceptable to do it elsewhere (over the toilet or a bidet after taking a shit). soap works just like soap anywhere you use it (as long as you add water) and cleans just the same when used. just make sure to wash your hands like youre about to do surgery afterwards, which should be the general hand-washing policy, anyways...(in westernized-indian households) the use of toilet paper is not eliminated, just minimized (this is for personal use and also for guests' comfort)...which is better for the environment, hygiene, & your wallet, also. but, in general, many indians find buying toilet paper unnecessary in india (but usually conform to it when they leave india) and feel like they are willingly getting ripped-off when they have to buy it for the vacationing kids of relatives that were raised in america (haha like me!).

left hand is used as a secondary protection because the right hand is used for food & other "sterile" human processes (although, in theory, both hands should be equally as clean).

maybe i should start a website like this one called fucktoiletpaper.com...?

about the hole-in-the-floor toilets that you have to squat over...man, try using those when:

1. drunk
2. severely hungover from cheap indian whiskey, which was drunk the previous night mixed with water (or just straight) out of stainless steel cups
3. if you have bad knees/back
4. if youre not used to balancing like that
5. if youre sharing the toilet with 3 cockroaches about 2 inches long x 1 inch wide each (basically they look like they could beat-up your poops)
6. if youre old & life has made you lazy (...like 65-ish and older maybe? it happens to almost all humans eventually...)
7. anything else you can imagine that might make this just a little more shittier to do...im not even talking about the PUBLIC RESTROOMS yet...this is what it can feel like to take a shit in the COMFORTS OF YOUR OWN HOME!!! (very few people do "upgrade" their bathrooms to western style toilets - more of them that do have relatives that stay in there home that visit from overseas & have become accustomed)

i know some travelers that MAKE SURE that they dont shit for like 2-3 days in order to wait for an encounter with a "western-style" toilet!!! now, that kind of self-control is almost yogi-like!!! its crazy what a human can achieve if motivated enough...mad props!

sorry if the details are gross...i just had to contribute to this one when i read through it!!! hahah it made me laugh!

akwardsauce,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
akwardsauce said:
i know some travelers that MAKE SURE that they dont shit for like 2-3 days in order to wait for an encounter with a "western-style" toilet!!! now, that kind of self-control is almost yogi-like!!! its crazy what a human can achieve if motivated enough...mad props!

sorry if the details are gross...i just had to contribute to this one when i read through it!!! it made me laugh!

:rofl: Too true- I caught a ferry from Calcutta to Port Blair on the Andaman Islands that took extra long because of a storm. It was 3 days. I travelled bunk class (lowest) and I didn't shit at all, simply because of the horror of the "asian style" toilets serving lord knows how many hundred sea sick passengers. And I'm not squeamish- quite 'comfortable' with a stinking portaloo at a festival- but balancing in a squat in a heavy rolling sea over one of these was too much. I simply put all thoughts of defecating out of my mind, and it was actually quite easy- effortless even. Power of mind rather than sphincter. It actually took a while once back ashore and settled in my hotel for the trauma to subside and any inclination to crap return.

But man, what a journey that was- rats and cockroaches like I've never seen in my life. That was in the canteen! And they only cleaned the puke from the seasick passengers once a day in bunk class, at least so it seemed. No entertainment either- just a shop with a coffee machine and biscuits that was only open for an hour in the morning and the same in the pm. And prison like meal times. It was character building, but thankfully the ferry/ship for the return journey was newer and better run and maintained.

WatTyler,

Qbit

cannabanana
I was in South East Asia in 2007 (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Viet Nam, and Yunnan province in China). In all these places (except for Yunnan, I think) toilets had hand-operated toilet hoses, or 'bum guns', as some foreigners called them:

Bum_Gun_Detail.JPG

They worked very well, too. You had to make sure you kept your brown door shut though, as getting the undrinkable local tap water up your clacker could make you ill, so I was told.

Qbit,

Smokey

Cloud Master
I always had and still have a bidet, I simply cannot understand how people manage to live without it. I always thought people would take a shower everytime they take a poo xD
Clean my ass with water and a bit of soap is essential to me.

Smokey,

Qbit

cannabanana
Q: How do you wash your arse in Australia?

A: Bidet, mate.

Thankyou, I'm here all week folks.

Qbit,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
My grandma grew up in Indonesia and she always preferred a bottle of water to wash herself with over TP. I guess we should have bought her a bidet at some point, but the milk rack with water bottles in the bathroom seemed to work just fine for her so we never really thought of that.

On a side note, I do use Grandma's method incidentally when I forget to buy TP and I really see no need for bidets in this world tbh, although, perhaps sometimes they can be handy to wash ones feet in.

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom