So what's the safest vap on the market?

DOOM

I've looked in the search and narrowed it down, also some of the post are from awhile back. Not sure if there's anything new on the market.

I'm asking because I come from a family of lung disease, it's obviously environmental since they smoke tobacco (but not much) and yet they still have COPD at an early age. I've been tested for genetic markers and Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency and was clear. Still 7 members of family have COPD who are cig smokers. I know my uncle is a heavy MJ smoker but he also smokes tons of cigs. Myself, I only touch MJ. Luckily I do not live with them so was never exposed to 2nd hand smoke.

Any recommendation for a safe vape for a heavy user? I understand I cant control my shitty genetics and I'm aware that smoking/vaping anything in your lungs is not 100% safe. But is there a vap on the market I should look for for a heavy user? glass on glass?

My current setup is a UD with glass attachment and love it. Same with SOLO and gong.

Thanks

Also edibles are good but only on my days off or else I cant function.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I would think vaporizing with a water tool would be safe but I'm no expert of the safest vaporizer. A lower temperature isnt as harsh. I've read where the temps upwards to 400 F aren't as healthy to vaporize.

Last edited:

howie105

hoptimum

I've looked in the search and narrowed it down, also some of the post are from awhile back. Not sure if there's anything new on the market.

I'm asking because I come from a family of lung disease, it's obviously environmental since they smoke tobacco (but not much) and yet they still have COPD at an early age. I've been tested for genetic markers and Alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency and was clear. Still 7 members of family have COPD who are cig smokers. I know my uncle is a heavy MJ smoker but he also smokes tons of cigs. Myself, I only touch MJ. Luckily I do not live with them so was never exposed to 2nd hand smoke.

Any recommendation for a safe vape for a heavy user? I understand I cant control my shitty genetics and I'm aware that smoking/vaping anything in your lungs is not 100% safe. But is there a vap on the market I should look for for a heavy user? glass on glass?

My current setup is a UD with glass attachment and love it. Same with SOLO and gong.

Thanks

Also edibles are good but only on my days off or else I cant function.

AFAIK, the Volcano is the only vaporizer that has been approved for medical use anywhere.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The safest vape is nearly impossible to quantify but you could say the Volcano Medic and AroMed are the safest overall. The Volcano Medic is certified for medical use in Canada, and while AroMed is still working on medical certification, in Europe six insurance companies will refund its purchase.

Vaping is much safer than smoking, it's less about the vaporizer and more about how you use it. If you are concerned about safety make sure to stay below 392f, I would recommend no higher than 385f. Water filtration will also help but is probably unnecessary.

Convection vaporizers may be safer. While browsing this site, https://www.pharmasystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3811, I noticed this text:
The Volcano Medic vaporizer is designed to utilize pumped hot air where most vaporizers rely on electrically heated plates (convection vs conduction) - this process has been shown to produce less methanol and acetic acid when used with standardized herbal cannabis
After digging a little further I found this page, http://www.ccic.net/index.php?id=132,743,0,0,1,0, with this text:
The Volcano Medic Vaporizer is designed to utilize pumped hot air, some other vaporizers are designed utilizing electrically heated plates. Available research compares the Volcano Medic Vaporizer with smoked cannabis. Only one report employs the Volcano Medic Vaporizer as well as a hot plate style vaporizer, for standardized herbal cannabis the Volcano Medic Vaporizer seems to produce less methanol and acetic acid than the hot plate style vaporizer, and yields similar amounts of other low molecular weight by-products (Bloor et al, 2008).
And here is the study cited at the end, unfortunately it's behind a paywall: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18705690/

stickstones

Vapor concierge
From a safety standpoint, I have no problem with a lot of vapes. But when I know the air path of a vape is made up of glass and/or, aluminum, stainless steel, ceramic or teflon I am fine with it. For those that are comforted by lab testing, the only vapes I know of that have subjected themselves to independent lab testing are the Volcano and the MiniVap, and they both came out looking good. Hope that helps.

Top Bottom