So, is the US Presidential election actually over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay87

So we as a country decided we liked racism, sexism, bigotry, and a loony political know nothing who speaks only in lies better than any other option.

I mean I didn't decide that because I don't agree, but that's what the country said... well that's what ~1/4 of the country said anyway...

It's funny that when you talk about any of Trump's downfalls Trump defenders are STILL talking about Hillary.
Put Hillary away, she's gone, she lost. Trump has major, major issues and anyone defending him and his proposed cabinet are just crazy in my opinion.

When I say people who defend Trump and his ilk are crazy, what I mean is they are basing their opinions and creating their arguments without any amount of factual or real world examples.

If you simply make up your opinions and do not listen to facts I can't have any kind of intellectual discussion.

If anyone is arguing that it's OK for Trump to talk about taking away anyone's citizenship in any way given the campaign he has run, I cannot take you seriously or have a discussion about that.
To make that statement that Trump is right in that sense is simply ignorant.

I cannot take you seriously if you are arguing that guys like Steve Bannon or Jeff Sessions are good picks for any governmental position. The same goes for Donald Trump. There is simply no evidence whatsoever that any of these guys will serve the American people and uphold the American values of freedom. There is much more evidence to suggest that these guys will try to act in ways analogous to Nazi Germany.

The fact of the matter is we had two bad choices and the country made a very bad choice. Now we have to live with it.

Good luck guys. If we survive Donald Trump and his reign with our planet and our freedom still intact there is great reason for hope. :tup:

turk

turk
...dems doubling down on " same ole"...great message...in her statement she referred to her support from the unions...(afl-cio)...same organization which the numbers blatantly show...THEY CANNOT CONTROL the votes of their own members!...and this phenomena has been occurring since Reagan..and when you examine the numbers...it's gotten worse...the whole Afl-cio should resign....don't hold your breath...

turk,

TeeJay1952

I want everyone to feel good about themselves but not at the expense of others. There is widespread ill will because people perceive life as a zero sum game. More for one is less for all. It had escaped me but apparently the rise of political power for sub groups is being felt as diminishing others. Brown and Black rising must mean White falling.
I feel that a rising tide lifts all boats.
Give him a chance but don't give an inch. (Stephen Colbert) I will add especially when it isn't my inch to give. (abortion rights, civil rights, constitutional rights)

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've been reading over the posts in this thread. Some of you are going to get this thread shut down its already happened before. Some of us like talking about Trump and what's happening now in America. Please think about what you post and I will do the same. I reread my post and I sounded too angry - I will try to do better. Sometimes it's hard because we care so much. Let's set a civil tone. I like our group.

grokit

well-worn member
I was listening to npr yesterday; they had a soundbite of pence as his transition team was gearing up for this week's cabinet appointments. He literally used the same phrase I said earlier: "Buckle up!" :whoa::ninja::uhoh:

:spidey::myday:

Last edited:

thisperson

Ruler of all things person
Now that the presidential race has finished and people told me we would have a better opinion of Obama I would like to point you guys to this:

I love Jimmy Dore.

"...Obama talks pretty and so does his wife and they're fucking tool sellouts. 100 percent. He brought you a right wing healthcare plan, big fucking deal, Mitt Romney brought it to boston." -Jimmy

GreenDragon

So we as a country decided we liked racism, sexism, bigotry, and a loony political know nothing who speaks only in lies better than any other option.

I mean I didn't decide that because I don't agree, but that's what the country said... well that's what ~1/4 of the country said anyway...

18.3%
It only took 18.3% of the U.S. population to do this to us and the rest of the planet.

Also, on another note, someone pointed out the uptick in forum participation by trump believers.
He hasn't even taken office yet and the alt-right believers are already feeling emboldened.
I am not talking about intelligent, reasonable Republicans or other parties that voted against their candidates.
I am appalled at the number of people who oppose Good and embrace Evil (I am not talking about party or candidates).
I live in a Democrat leaning state/county/area known for leftism, conservation, healthy eating/lifestyles, hippies, etc.. I was shocked at how many people were openly displaying signs, shirts and acts of cultural and social backwardness. Sometimes it is just outright spewing of ignorance and hate.

I am glad that people felt comfortable enough to let their freak flags fly.
I pay attention and welcome the knowledge that these individuals are willing to share with everyone around them. This is a rare opportunity to see what is in the hearts of your friends and neighbors.

What used to be shameful and hidden, is now proudly proclaimed for all to witness.
Most shocking of all are the evangelicals and other "good christians" who can somehow ignore or "forgive" trump's behavior and his minions' histories. Shocking but not surprising. Religious freedom is only for those with the "right" religion.

The "Silver Lining" in all this - some of the hidden evil have crawled out and exposed themselves. Pay attention. Never forget who was a proud destroyer. Think for yourselves. Be careful where and how you gather your information. Truth is dead and "Facts" need to be researched.

After Americans get four years of alt-right style government, the pendulum will swing again.

I am an angry old white guy. I am part of the demographic that enabled this step backwards.
I am unable to comprehend any thought process that believes this path is good for America or it's Allies or business partners.

They want America to be like "The Good Old Days".
Which "Good Old Days"?
Even an angry old white guy like me is afraid.

TeeJay1952

It took 81.7 % of us to get us here.
My Dad was Madison Ave Don Draper type so to rebel I was Hippy.
My Kids had to be Disco to shock me. (Look Dad, Gold Chains!")
After 40 years of integration it seems racism is what is needed to "Shock the World"

TeeJay1952,

grokit

well-worn member
The ushering in of trump's administration may be remembered as the worst part of obama's legacy :2c:

Last edited:
grokit,

Tranquility

I am appalled at the number of people who oppose Good and embrace Evil (I am not talking about party or candidates).
So am I. Yet, I suspect we are talking about wholly different people and beliefs.

90458c1323e2babfec0400280e04212d.jpg

Last edited:

Tranquility

29906170001_4633072226001_thumb-newslook913257.jpg

The truth?
That's a cylinder in both cases...
As Trump is undeniably an bigoted, lying racist, who's wholly unfit for the role of President of any nation.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/worst-trump-quotes_us_5756e8e6e4b07823f9514fb1
Do you think he will get a higher or a lower percentage of the Black vote if he runs again?

Do you think he will get a higher or a lower percentage of the Hispanic vote if he runs again?

I suspect both percentages will be higher. Won't argue it. We'll see.

Tranquility,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I suspect that will depend a lot on how he behaves and what he actually does, as opposed to what he says. Somehow I can't imagine his "Fuck You I Won" tour is going to get him any friends he doesn't already have, but it is clear that I don't have much insight on the heartbeat of the hinterland so what I think doesn't much matter.

CarolKing

@OldNewbie theres a lot of unknowns right now how our next President Elect will do. Yes time will tell. I'm just an observer I feel at this point. It's really difficult to even guess how things will go among the minority population. You really went out on a limb and are really optimistic. I wish I had your attitude but I don't. Many of us have a lot of anxiety about our next president.

It's hard enough in our day to day lives let alone having to wonder if this man is up to the job. It's a worry that I wish I didn't have to deal with. Trump's supporters were yelling "lock her up" last night. I'm so tired of hearing that and Trump needs to have his supporters stop doing that but he doesn't. He already said he wasn't going to "lock her up". It's a circus side show.

If stop and frisk is an indication as to how he wants to go about things I have my doubts that the black or brown citizens of our country will agree with you. I've never had black skin and only can imagine how that would make someone feel. Maybe Trump made that part up just to make his supporters happy? Doesn't everybody think it's OK to stop and frisk someone just because of their skin color? Obviously the Trump supporters think so. No, they arent racist at all.

He's made up so much I'm having a hard time keeping track. He lies 78% of the time, it's been documented and kept track of. A president that is a habitual liar. Sorry if I'm getting angry again.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that Giuliani or Sessions won't end up being sec of state but I don't know if any of them look any good.

I was temporarily thinking I was in the other thread about Trump. I'm getting mixed up.

Edit
Far as Carrier is concerned it's the tax payers of Indiana that will help pay for that. I live in WA state we have been trying to keep Boeing here so the governor gave them huge tax breaks. That's nothing new. Why Pence couldn't have scored that deal on his own? Boeing moved part of its work force and building to North Carolina because wages are lower and so is the cost of doing business. That is something states and business deal with all the time. I think that's great that a 1000 people kept their jobs. Only 700 jobs are going to Mexico.

Trump doesn't have what it takes to unify the country IMO. He will say something about unifying then will say something totally opposite and devisive for the nation. He needs to show leadership with strength, thoughtfulness and character. I haven't been hearing a lot of that.

Last edited:

grokit

well-worn member
Yes time will tell.
I just posted this in the political cartoon thread, but it addresses this uncertainty so here it is again:

12-2-16.jpg

Trump doesn't have what it takes to unify the country
No but he has exactly what it takes to break it apart, especially with rombot as sos. My worry is they will let the us break up into smaller pieces, and sell them for pennies on the dollar. "Privatization" on steroids.

:myday:

Last edited:

CarolKing

This picture looks so ridiculous. Trump rubbing his victory in Romney's face. Romney eating crow. Three rich guys eating dinner together. Where are their wives? Sitting at a different table? Maybe they weren't invited? Most of Trump supporters have never eaten at a 3 star restaurant. Nothing whatsoever in common with the regular working person.

161129212927-trump-romney-exlarge-169.jpg

All three of the men had chocolate cake for dessert.

Last edited:

Deleted Member 1643

On topic, on topic. Ah - not only is the election over, everything might soon be over!

03trump-master768.jpg

Trump Speaks With Taiwan’s Leader, an Affront to China

"President-elect Donald J. Trump spoke by telephone with Taiwan’s president on Friday, a striking break with nearly four decades of diplomatic practice that could precipitate a major rift with China even before Mr. Trump takes office."

"Initial reaction from China about Friday’s telephone call was surprise verging on disbelief. “This is a big event, the first challenge the president-elect has made to China,” said Shi Yinhong, professor of international relations at Renmin University in Beijing. “This must be bad news for the Chinese leadership.”

"Among diplomats in the United States, there was similar shock. “This is a change of historic proportions,” said Evan Madeiros, a former senior director of Asian affairs in the Obama administration. “The real question is, what are the Chinese going to do?”

Who would have thought that international diplomacy requires experience and aptitude?
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/02/u...-leader-a-possible-affront-to-china.html?_r=0

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
not only is the election over, everything might soon be over!
Ohhh yes the world is coming to an end . . . its nuclear war or even worse!!! Whatever that might be. All of this fear mongering is just people trying to manipulate others into hate that they feel and want others to feel. Get a grip and give some time so we can see what really happens versus what might happen. As far as China and Taiwan goes, the Chinese are absolutely sure about their position in the world. Taiwan called Trump, not the other way around, because they want to explore business plans that would benefit both our countries. If the Chinese have a problem with that they can negotiate. No one is going to war over business dealings with Taiwan. In fact, if you want a war scenario you better look at North Korea and their nuclear program and China's lack of dealing with that.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The point is that he's an embarrassment.
@Accept - you are a partisan. I am a political atheist. Your name calling, even with pictures, will not deter me from seeing things as they actually happen. I dislike both sides so you will have a problem manipulating me with your partisan hate. Good luck in actually presenting something relevant to the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom