Smoking vs Vaporizing: Sinus dryness

How much does vaping help with sinus dryness compared to smoking?

• A little

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bit

• Enough

• A lot

• Total voters

1800yolk

I live in Nevada, which is a pretty dry place, so one thing that smoking herbs does to me is dry out my sinuses. Sometimes, to a degree that is quite painful.

I have vaporized before, but don't remember how my sinuses reacted to it. Do you guys notice sinus dryness when smoking or vaping? Does vaping dry out your sinuses less than smoking does? By how much?

Thanks for answering! I'm shopping for a vape, and this is a pretty important factor, of whether I will get a vape, or simply convert to baked goods.

1800yolk,

1800yolk

Also re-reading my poll question, the wording isn't so great. I know smoking in any form doesn't help with sinuses, I'm just seeing how harsh vaping is compared to smoking

1800yolk,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Your poll only has the option of more harshness with vaping, i find it less harsh and less dry than smoking.

vorrange,

scottio19

scotty
no dryness at all when you vape through water! it's still better than smoking when you hit a vape dry (no water)

scottio19,

Greenscreen

Your poll doesn't have the option for my answer ..
I personally never had any sinus issues when i used to smoke... the problems began when i started vaping.. i have tried water filtration and lower temps and I'm yet to work out why my sinus's occasionally flare up due to vaping but something triggers it.. it just depends on who you are i guess cus there's plenty of people who've had the opposite to me (sinus problems when smoking but stopped when started vaping)..

Greenscreen,

Kief

Medicated
Without water filtration, vapor will dry out my sinuses more than any kind of smoking... it's the nature of the beast. I have allergies all year and normally have to deal with sinus infections if I get any kind of virus or bad allergy attack. Since I have been moisturizing my vapor, the sinus problems have disappeared making vapor much better for me. When you add that to the feeling of clear lungs and the fact that I don't stink like ass anymore... I can't go back. I would recommend a water pipe with some good diffusion and don't blow it out your nose.

Kief,

stroh

errl enthusiast
+1 for water filtration, makes a huge difference, i hardly ever vape without it anymore

stroh,

1800yolk

Thanks for the replies! I didnt even know that water filtration was a thing.. Unless you're referring to hooking up a vape to a bong with water.. I'll read into it.

1800yolk,

1800yolk

Right, using a bong or bubbler or other (i've seen some elaborate setups..) seems like the way to go, with a vaporizer. I was looking at portable vapes before, like the vapor blunt, and I suppose I could use something like that with a bubbler, though I'd have to ditch the bubbler in on the go situations.

1800yolk,
Top Bottom