Smoking vs vaping when it comes to pesticides

nomadicsoul34

That's an interesting subject ! I was also wondering about this potential chemical/pesticide issue.

I'm also not trusting the source of my weed...

I was told that we can put the weed in water for sometime. Let it soak and then retrieve it and let it dry. As the THC/CBD are hydrophobic you won't lose effect.
I really doubt of this story and I've never tried.. But I want to share that story with you, in case someone know this method and confirm it is working ?
That's would be a nice little weed cleaning method :) (but far from being ideal in term of efficiency !)

I agree on this.

Let's say cyanide, to be extreme and demonstrative, what's the result when you combust it ? Is there still any trace of it or is it gone in a whole smoke/carbon ? Because if this is true, we can say it's less deadly to inhale cyanide when it's first burnt.

That could be the same with weed, some molecule could be simply destroy with the high temp and thus avoid potential toxicity.

The only things we need to know are:
- what are the potential molecule we can find into weed ?
- what are the potential quantity ?
- what is the vaporization temperature of each of this molecule ?

I'm not a chemist at all, just wondering :)

Hydrogen cyanide and carbon monoxide are products of ALL combustion.
If you combust you poison yourself . END OF STORY
Im not a scientist either , simply a firefighter . I dont need to inhale any more smoke thank you !

nomadicsoul34,
Reactions: Squiby

C No Ego

Hydrogen cyanide and carbon monoxide are products of ALL combustion.
If you combust you poison yourself . END OF STORY
Im not a scientist either , simply a firefighter . I dont need to inhale any more smoke thank you !

check out the research from Robert Tashkin about smoking and look into phytocannabinoid and the endocannabinoid system

C No Ego,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Hippie Dickie,
Reactions: grokit

C No Ego

they have found that stuff in all honey from America. the bees don not discriminate on flowers and plants but just go right up to them regardless if man was pumping on the pesticides. I feel so bad for our children and their future but hopefully the children will be able to stand up to these jack wads in charge

AK47 AMI

Hi All, this is a very interesting thread, I live in a illegal city too, and am worried that I'm vaping pesticides? Is it really better than smoking as if smoking it would be burned and at higher temps more likely to be destroyed before going into lungs etc?? Any more info on this issue, please let me know? Thanks

AK47 AMI,
Reactions: C No Ego

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
As far as I know, every study of the health impacts of smoking cannabis has come up negative in terms of major diseases like cancer. Since most of the test subjects were using pre-legalization dope, probably from mafia or cartels who couldn't care less about our health, it probably isn't that different from the OP's weed. And this was for smoking, not vaping. So if smoking weed with all the garbage doesn't appear to cause major negative health impacts, than vaping should be even more benign.

Nonetheless, I love having legal states that thoroughly test all cannabis products on two of three of our decriminalized state, and same for Canada where I spend a lot of time.

Polarbearboy,

AK47 AMI

As far as I know, every study of the health impacts of smoking cannabis has come up negative in terms of major diseases like cancer. Since most of the test subjects were using pre-legalization dope, probably from mafia or cartels who couldn't care less about our health, it probably isn't that different from the OP's weed. And this was for smoking, not vaping. So if smoking weed with all the garbage doesn't appear to cause major negative health impacts, than vaping should be even more benign.

Nonetheless, I love having legal states that thoroughly test all cannabis products on two of three of our decriminalized state, and same for Canada where I spend a lot of time.

Yes, you're very lucky indeed! I wish I could 100% state that ours in the UK were not sprayed with any pesticides etc. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I'm just thinking if smoking mini pure joints of herb with a filter, rather than mixing with bits cigarette, then that would burn the pesticides off completely? Rather then inhaling pesticides at a lower temp which could be worse? What do you think? @ginolicious I see that you're saying too, I'm just going off all the years were combusting and they prob had pesticides and suffered no issues, but it makes sense that if something totally incinerated would destroy something rather then just heating it and inhaling?which seems to be worse... I'd love to hear everyones thoughts on this? As yes I'm no scientist either lol @Cheebsy @Shitsnacks what do you think too?

AK47 AMI,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yes, you're very lucky indeed! I wish I could 100% state that ours in the UK were not sprayed with any pesticides etc. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I'm just thinking if smoking mini pure joints of herb with a filter, rather than mixing with bits cigarette, then that would burn the pesticides off completely? Rather then inhaling pesticides at a lower temp which could be worse? What do you think? @ginolicious I see that you're saying too, I'm just going off all the years were combusting and they prob had pesticides and suffered no issues, but it makes sense that if something totally incinerated would destroy something rather then just heating it and inhaling?which seems to be worse... I'd love to hear everyones thoughts on this? As yes I'm no scientist either lol @Cheebsy @Shitsnacks what do you think too?

Hey bud, I can't say I have any idea about this, fortunate to live in California, and even before I had reasonable stuff supply, but I still never really knew how it was grown or what exactly it was etc... Need to do it yourself or get from a direct source you trust to know for sure, someday I do want to go down that rabbit hole... Anyway I would never smoke again, I can't imagine the trade-off for smoke carcinogens and pesticide makes any kind of difference, like you say you could combust to destroy the pesticide but you are then inhaling the smoke so how is that helpful really?? It is true that vaping with a good vape can make you realize how crappy your weed is unfortunately, but I have no interest in ever smoking anything ever again, total waste of the weed in my opinion!

Shit Snacks,
Top Bottom