Smell Proof Stash bag

shane1

What do you guys use to keep your vape related items in when out of the house? I am looking for a smell proof bag to store my flower, AVLP, Vapman, Torch, Grinder, etc in. There are many out there but it has been difficult finding honest reviews. Any recommendations?

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I have several from Ryot that work exceptionally well as does thier Axe pack. I fairly regularly work with drug dogs and thier handlers and have tested them with my stash on numerous occasions. The handlers have gotten wise to the appearance of my Axe pack but the dogs have yet to alert on any of the Ryot bags. In short, keep the logo concealed some of the cops can read.

I live in a state where it's legal to smoke recreationaly and have out of state officers coming through my facility for various instruction. I mostly teach civilians and Executive Protection but we see a fair amount of Swat, Gang Units and Drug task force members come through as well.

Last edited:

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I travel a lot for work and have been using “Enjoy Native” brand bags off of Amazon for the past several years, they work fantastic for my purposes.

Timps27,
Reactions: bossman

passenger

is this thing on?
I like the bigger Peli cases, they seel tight. For a holiday, it's convenient. For on the go, not so much.

Last edited:
passenger,

Babylon Drifter

Black Taoist
I like the bigger Peli cases, they seel tight.

They get popped all the time, usally because they don't have active carbon helping them out. Those cases usually also have hard surfaces which can retain tiny particles from the owners hands, the dogs pick that up/alert to that with no problem.

Add some active carbon and wash your hands and wipe the bag down with a citrus cleaner before travel to be safest.

Also avoid stickers on the case they tend to trap tiny particles the eye won't notice but the dogs nose will!

shane1

I have several from Ryot that work exceptionally well as does thier Axe pack. I fairly regularly work with drug dogs and thier handlers and have tested them with my stash on numerous occasions. The handlers have gotten wise to the appearance of my Axe pack but the dogs have yet to alert on any of the Ryot bags. In short, keep the logo concealed some of the cops can read.

I live in a state where it's legal to smoke recreationaly and have out of state officers coming through my facility for various instruction. I mostly teach civilians and Executive Protection but we see a fair amount of Swat, Gang Units and Drug task force members ome through as well.
Thanks. Legal here. My wife is not crazy about the smell, so looking for a smell proof case of my stuff and also easy to grab for trips.

shane1,

passenger

is this thing on?
Thanks. Legal here. My wife is not crazy about the smell, so looking for a smell proof case of my stuff and also easy to grab for trips.
Same. It's private and I don't like if the next person walking by knows you're from the tribe. For that, I find the Peli Cases sufficient. Dogs and airports are a completely different topic but that's a matter of legal or illegal in the end. If you got the papers it never matters. I just don't want to stink out the room and some bud is wild.

passenger,

Madtater

I use this one: STASHLOGIX SMELL CONTROL BAG with Combination Lock Smell Free Storage Bag: The Silverton (Medium-Black) https://a.co/d/anoD6pr

It is a hard case with a soft tweedish shell. It works well and holds most of my stuff. I cant smell anything coming out of it and neither can my life boss (the important one). The strain specific flower that doesnt fit in these containers is located in my safe upstairs in a separate smell proof container. It isnt too big. I can just grab it and go if i need to. If something smaller is desired, they have a smaller one. I actually bought that first, but it was a bit too small for what i wanted.

Last edited:

shane1

I use this one: STASHLOGIX SMELL CONTROL BAG with Combination Lock Smell Free Storage Bag: The Silverton (Medium-Black) https://a.co/d/anoD6pr

It is a hard case with a soft tweedish shell. It works well and holds most of my stuff. I cant smell anything coming out of it and neither can my life boss (the important one). The strain specific flower that doesnt fit in these containers is located in my safe upstairs in a separate smell proof container. It isnt too big. I can just grab it and go if i need to. If something smaller is desired, they have a smaller one. I actually bought that first, but it was a bit too small for what i wanted.
Looks great. These are the types of bag I am looking at. Some are half the price though so I am wondering if they are half the quality.

Madtater

Looks great. These are the types of bag I am looking at. Some are half the price though so I am wondering if they are half the quality.
I looked at a bunch of them before i bought this one. Some cheaper, some more expensive. I read the reviews etc. i am definitely not disappointed. You can put your nose right up to where the zippers meet and i can’t smell it. Heck, i keep it right under my wife’s work desk and she cant smell anything.

But boy oh boy….when you open it up though😂

I personally like the little tool that comes with it. It’s perfect for cleaning out my roffu caps.

mcscruffy

I got the large in tan based on your comment and it is awesome. Feels sturdy, no smell (until you open it :lol:), and can stand upright (slight tilt back) on its own. My only concern was the zipper not running as smooth around the corners which may foreshadow future issues but I didn't see many issues mentioned in reviews.

Thanks for putting that recommendation up!

Madtater

I got the large in tan based on your comment and it is awesome. Feels sturdy, no smell (until you open it :lol:), and can stand upright (slight tilt back) on its own. My only concern was the zipper not running as smooth around the corners which may foreshadow future issues but I didn't see many issues mentioned in reviews.

Thanks for putting that recommendation up!
I would imagine that the corner portion of the zipper and how tight it is, is by design to keep the seal solid.

I have unzipped and zipped it so many times, and it is still solid.

I have had it for over a year already and it is still like the day i got it.

Glad the recommendation worked out for you!

Kebo1923

I've used a handful of different Skunkbags over the years. I have liked them all and felt they were successful in their odor blocking.

Last edited:
Kebo1923,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov,
Reactions: LesPlenty

mcscruffy

Since getting the Stashlogix Highland (large) bag, I've also picked up the RiNo and Silverton. The RiNo looks like a laptop bag and feels premium quality but doesn't have the same full hard shell like the Highland. The padding is more than enough to protect the 8oz Ball jars I use (stores 1/2oz) and they fit perfectly. I got the Silverton for storing my Mighty+ which fits really well, blocks odor just like the others, and has room for a couple capsule caddys and magazines.

I don't use the RiNo for hardware storage but it does have an accessory port to allow charging something while the bag is sealed and locked.

There's no port on the Silverton but I have found it very effective with no real smell issues to plug the USB cord into the Mighty+ for charging and then just close the zippers so only the cord is coming out in between them.

I haven't tried other brands because I started with the Highland and it worked along with making a great first impression with high quality materials. They definitely have earned my loyalty but I do wish bags like the RiNo were a little less expensive... it is an excellent bag but $200 is steep and won't be worth it for many on a budget.

We have another home we travel to on the weekends on a fairly regular basis, and this is the main reason I have (and, overall, loooove) these bags. If you're looking for smell proof storage only without a common need to transport, I'd say go for a smaller bag that holds the hardware that smells and use mason jars with good lid seals in an out of the way location... much cheaper!

Fon

In spain you could find some deodorant with empty base, but still deodorant on the top, is great for go on vacation and have local brands, Also in aliexpress looking for "hidden storage" you can find some interesting thing.

I use that kind of hidden storage and some coffee.

Fon,
Top Bottom