smart meter and a grow room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geeza

I have just had a smart meter fitted.. has this ruined my chances of having a grow room??

Only a small one with 1000w light fan filter etc..

Does any one know of these dam things..... thanks

Geeza,

wthanna

I was looking through a computer gaming magazine yesterday. There are gaming computers that have 800 watt power supplies. I don't think a single 1000 watt light is something that is going to attract any attention. :2c:

wthanna,

MichMartin

You don't need 1000w lights. You can use CFl's or PLL's. they are both great with lower wattage and lower heat emission.

MichMartin,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
People definitely do both small grows and use cfls which can help you use way less power. If you were trying to do something big, then you may have to scale back or at least look at ideas for maximizing results and minimizing power usage. You might be towards the extreme end, but power is a concern that comes up in a lot of grows.

rabblerouser,

flanman

wthanna said:
I was looking through a computer gaming magazine yesterday. There are gaming computers that have 800 watt power supplies. I don't think a single 1000 watt light is something that is going to attract any attention. :2c:
off topic but i believe it's capable of pumping out 800 watts but doesn't mean it's always pulling 800 from the wall iirc :2c:

flanman,

He-Man

Prince
MichMartin said:
You don't need 1000w lights. You can use CFl's or PLL's. they are both great with lower wattage and lower heat emission.
You can't achieve, not even closely same resuts with CFL's as you would get with HPS/MH. Both size and speed of grow related.

He-Man,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
A good size fish tank might eat 1000watts of power on a similar light/dark schedule as plants. i personally would looks for insight from a growing forum,

IAmKrazy2,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yes I think you need to read on a grow forum for better advice ;)

Lo,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom