• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

SkyCloud Vaporizer

Caligula

Maximus
Well... all I'm saying is it gets a lot of attention when I'm out and about. All of it has been positive. However you think it looks, I'm stoked with it. :-)

I need to see a vid of this thing in action with before and after shots of the herb/ABV.

Can you make that happen?

Caligula,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Hello my Fellow FC'ers,
I hope i don't get flamed to bad here but i came across this by accident. I know once you all see it you will say the same thing i said "another re-branded vape we have already seen that does not work". while that very well may be true as i do not know anything about this vape, i can't help but think that is MAY BE POSSIBLE that someone out there actually does take a design already out there that did not work and somehow make it work. maybe i am just overly optomistic. anyways..... here is the SkyCloud by Kandypens

http://www.kandypens.com/

and there Indegogo campaign here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skycloud-vaporizer

it even has a lifetime warranty.... not bad if it does actually work

***EDIT*** mani REALLY should read these things before i post. looks like it maybe another loser based on what i read in the indiegogo page:

Is there combustion inside the dry tobacco chamber of the SkyCloud? - This is a great question. Presently, there is a small amount of combustion inside the dry tobacco chamber. We are currently developing a ceramic and glass insert for the dry tobacco chamber that will separate the heating coil from the tobacco. This should be available by April 1st and will be free of charge.

Last edited:
mmenzie,

Phizix

I got an email through grasscity about this thing today.

They say it has a "small amount" of combustion using dry material but they are making an insert to help with that... so not really a true flower vape design...

Has anyone actually used one and/or have a video? Its definitely pricey and aimed at dumb people...

I am aware that it is "just another e-cig vape" but I am still looking for something e-cig size that can actually vape flowers on demand at the push of a button.

Phizix,
Reactions: King

King

Accessory Maker
I got an email through grasscity about this thing today.

They say it has a "small amount" of combustion using dry material but they are making an insert to help with that... so not really a true flower vape design...

Has anyone actually used one and/or have a video? Its definitely pricey and aimed at dumb people...

I am aware that it is "just another e-cig vape" but I am still looking for something e-cig size that can actually vape flowers on demand at the push of a button.

I've used it, I wrote a review for it too. Check out the links in my signature.

Don't expect to vaporize dry herbs with the Skycloud, it isn't going to happen. A spacer might help, a little, but it won't fix the problem.

King,
Reactions: Phizix

Phizix

I've used it, I wrote a review for it too. Check out the links in my signature.

Don't expect to vaporize dry herbs with the Skycloud, it isn't going to happen. A spacer might help, a little, but it won't fix the problem.

Great Review, Thanks! Seems like I can "vape" flowers just as well with a battie and an electric coil lighter. Oh well, still wishing I could actually get concentrates reliably enough to make a pen vape worth it...

Phizix,

2Supra4U

Oh well, still wishing I could actually get concentrates reliably enough to make a pen vape worth it...

Herb + Iso Alcohol + Coffee Filter + Glass Tray/Containter + Razor = Your own, reasonably quick.

Anyways, I just purchased one of these. I got the grasscity email and I just happened to have clicked to see what it was. Wasn't really looking for a vape (have Woodez & Iolite) but when I saw it and what it came with I was like "this is perfect to be able to have everything you need out of the box".

I haven't been current on the vape scene. For a couple years. Omicron etc wasn just starting to come out when I stopped paying attention.

Anyways, after I contributed I thought "why not try FC and see if there is a thread"
So then I see ppl saying this is a joke and nothing special. That its shit.

I dunno I didn't think $100 bucks wasnt too bad to get everything in the box. I wouldn't pay the retail $150.

you guys say its too expensive? you mean for 150$?? how much are the other pen vapes. I'm assuming they are all 120-200+ no?? or are there good cheap ones???

I figured I'd take a shot, the style is ok. I chose black. Looks minimal.

I'll let you guys know when I get it in beginning of april

Last edited:
2Supra4U,

SpruceGruve

Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue
There's a thread dedicated to it,but basically it's like all cheep Chinese vapes,Cost $5 to make then they upcharge stupid amounts

They say it's revolutionary by having three different heating elements that can be changed for ejuice/herb/concentrates.

Look up w9tech or persei/omacron to get a good pen with stainlesssteel/titianum heating elements

Canman

I have been using one of these for a week. It was a gift so the price didnt sting. I can say that I am very happy with it, including the ability to make the transition to flower. As for the look, I have the silver one that looks like a fountain pen . I personally dont care about the cosmetics . For me it is a tool, and so far it has been reliable and consistent. I will keep you updated with future performance.

Last edited:
Canman,

stsin

I like the idea of kickstart style stuff, so ended up sponsoring them (preorder) ended up with the 2 for 1 (retail) price since I break shit. It does *NOT* vaporize dry herb, it (arguably) burns it as the herb comes in contact with the cig lighter style heater. I think it would burn the solid concentrate too but I am hash-less, however MAYBE liquid is vaporized atm.

Perhaps with the optional glass (eagle bill style) attachment it wouldn't burn. But I didn't splurge. It is cool looking, and subtle, so will work for some uses for me. However a vaporizer, it's not. I don't feel awful for tossing them the buck fifty, but I wouldn't advocate it for people who want a real vaporizer.

Note as the previous poster posted, there supposedly is a ceramic/glass screen coming to stop combustion. They apparently didnt meet the 4-1 deadline as the preorders that shipped a few days ago didn't come with them. Once I get it I'll edit this again, or post again. I am hopeful! But at the moment for the money I'd go with the 7th floor (silver surfer) vip jobby as it has a glass screen for dry herb vaporization...

Last edited:
stsin,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There's a company called Chosen that developed a ceramic filter that's apparently pretty perfect for turning hash pens into herb pens. Only like $7 on their site too, in the accessories section. May be worth trying out on the skycloud

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: KeroZen

weedandbombs

Vape Queen! :D
Well... all I'm saying is it gets a lot of attention when I'm out and about. All of it has been positive. However you think it looks, I'm stoked with it. :-)

I know this is a late ass reply... but I got a SkyCloud to review for free, so I didn't pay any $$ for mine. My input? The thing doesn't vape flowers at all. E-juice works really well, but the tank adapter is so flimsy - mine cracked and broke just trying to remove it from the battery. Trying to do dabs with the globe leaves you with a bizarre burnt chemical taste.

I have to say, all in all, there's not really anything good to say about this vape :/

Caligula

Maximus
stephen-colbert-told-you-so.gif

Mactavius

My wife bought me a SkyCloud for Christmas and we enjoyed the dry tobacco atomizer the first night. I was shocked to find that the coils did not work the second day. The other attachments still work fine, but the dry tobacco one will not spark. Anyone else have this issue? I have tried contacting Support, but I have not heard back from them.

Mactavius,
Top Bottom